PDA

View Full Version : Transformation Question

Janailene
11-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I have been dressing for a LONG time. Back in the 80's I went to a retail location in NYC that did womans make-up. I made an appointment for myself and found out that I was not the first man to do so. That was Muriel Olive's place. Any one know her? She used to work the Pocono fall events.

Anyhow, I have not had a total make over in years and wondered if there was any place getting strong recommendations. Would want to do pictures also. Should be between Philly and Portsmouth NH. Ever have any experience with Femme Fever on Long Island?

Christina Nicole
11-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Femme Fever on LI is fine. Karen does makeup pretty well. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only minus is the drive. Driving to/from Long Island can be frustrating and taxing to one's patience. Karen sells the basics, makeup, forms and such things. Other things she will tell you what to get and where.

Other than Femme Fever, I went to CD-Tips in Philly several years ago. Overall, while Lynda is very nice, her makeup technique did not work for me. After her makeover was the first and last time that I was laughed at by someone because I passed so badly. Your experiences may vary from mine. I also thought that CD-Tips was very expensive. She was something like $100/hr and her minimum makeover took three hours. Hate to think of what her rate are now, nearly ten years later.

I've been to a few others, but now within the geographic territory you specified.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole