PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want to be female?

bredalee25
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I've read so many threads about if there were a magic pill to make you female would you take it. Most of us say yes but i'm wondering if we really would do it. Lately i'm questioning my wanting to be female. I've always said yes i do want to be female. Here as of late a few minutes dressed seems to do me just fine. So I guess what i'm asking is how many of us really do want to be female or do we just enjoy the switching back and forth more?

ttfn

samantha#1
11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi Brenda, A really hard question. My first reaction has always been to say YES YES YES. But then I sit back and reflect on my family, my children have no idea that their father has been dressing like a girl since before their birth and I am really not too sure how they would respond to an announcement like that. The second thought I have is for my wife; a more supportive, understanding and devoted person you could not meet. I mean putting up with me for 24 years!!!! My soul mate allows me to be the person who I know I am within certain limitations; and that is - don't get busted by family or friends, don't make a git of yourself, don't go out dresssed without her, don't spend too much on accessories each week and remember to wash off makeup and remove nail polish.
Having said that though; just before meeting my wife I was really struggling with my feelings towards who I was and who I wanted to be and that promted me into making plans to move to Sydney and do the whole transformation thing to a full-time girl. I was almost on the bus when I met my wife and as they say; the rest is a story with NO regrets that I will save for another time.
Samantha

Teresa Amina
11-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I think what's going on with your being satisfied with just a bit of dressing is that it really is a chore sometimes to go from the daily "guy-mode" to being that fem self you want to be. I just went a whole week without dressing:eek: because I was all dragged :D out from my Halloween weekend expedition to Dee-troit. But today I once again "had to" be. Yeah, I think that Magic Pill has a taker here.

trannie T
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I love being a part time girl. While I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend as a woman at heart I'm still a man and have no desire to change. I think I have the best of both worlds.

Sweet Jane
11-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi

no I don't wish to be female...it's really wierd but I don't. There was a time in my adolesence that I wished more than anything to be a girl, but had I done that I possibly would have been even more confused now.

You know, something sort of just gets up and grips me, and my willpower just seems to evaporate, and I dress up. I feel great, truly happy when I am feminised, do some silly, rather irrational things and change back...then by the next day I feel silly for cross dressing...I feel like one of societies "misfits" for lack of a better word, and maybe I am, and that humiliates and embarrasses me...

So no, I don't want to be female, I'd love to be all male all the time though...silly really...

Chiana
11-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Interesting question. I think if I could have waved a magic wand when I was a pre-school child and become a GG, then the answer would be YES. Without hesitation. But now, many years later, I know that I will never be that beautiful 20 year old girl that I always wanted to be and still dream to be. I often fantasize about having real breasts and carrying my dressing to another level, but that will probably never happen. As it is, I achieve a tremendous feeling of joy, comfort, inner calm, etc. when I do dress and I suppose that will have to satisfy me.

JennaKnots
11-06-2006, 08:54 PM
it's tempting...but, I enjoy being a man too, though. Plus I think women are judged so much more harshly on their looks...and they're not allowed to gain weight or get old or by societies standards, they're not desirable anymore. For some people here, that's not the issue to begin with, but for me, I want to look totally desirable and be adored...so it would be very difficult.

Not to mention being paid less for the same job and too often being taken less seriously just b/c they're women. It sounds very hard in many ways.

But wait, do I get to have multiple O's with this pill also? Cause I might rethink then...:heehee:

sarah-smith
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm happy being a part-time girl also but wouldn't mind either way if I was male or female.

so my answer is yes/maybe :happy:

LaFem
11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I would take that pill and become a female in a second. I know who I am. I would also like that pill to make me 25 years old and totally feminine gorgeous! If you can make this magic pill, I'll give it a try!

Drucilla
11-06-2006, 09:16 PM
If we were to become a real girl, I think we would loose the excitement of pretending to be one!! For me , I think that outweighs the other benefits . Now , if we could make the transition of a day or two and then return to out belching, farting selves that would be tempting !!

Karren H
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
NO..........

Love Karren

Samantha B L
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I had a few moments as a child and as an adolescent when I wished I was female.I didn't stop to think that this wouldn't make the vagaries of my life any easier.They would still persist only I'd be artificially female instead of male.As time went by,most of the paperback book and popular magazine kind of information and literature that I had access to about the subject of "men wearing women's clothes" all kind of said that if you did that you were either gay or transexual and that while it was all probably OK to be that way you should go for a psychiatric examination and see if your insurance will pay for transexual surgery.I didn't know what to think about that.I went ahead being a run of the mill cd'r.I just decided that if doing this for pleasure and at times for relaxation and maybe a little bit for narcistic satisfaction too is what I want to do it's my business even if I suppose it classifies me as a renegade pervert in the sexual diagnostic lexicon.In the past 20 years I've found out through freinds,literature of different types and through things like this forum that as I've suspected anyway there are all kinds of heterosexual male to female crossdressers out there and it's fine to be that way.I am heterosexual but I've had sex with guys on a few ocaisions.And I actually do not regard myself as female although I go into that dimension called femininity often and I experience it as best as I possibly can for someone that is genetically male. Basically,I'm the person I always was but some of the time I'm Samantha.

Gabrielle
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
That all depends.

If I were to be female but still looking like a troll, then no.

If I could look great at a dress,then yes, in a heartbeat!

hiprule
11-06-2006, 09:59 PM
no, there are caveats, but basically no, I'll stick it out as a man. Oh, I'd like to try being a girl for a few days, or weeks, or hours...

Shannon CD
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Personally if I could just have the type of fascial features that would lend well to either male or female then I would be happy staying male. I guess I just adore pretty girls and wish I could look like one when I'm dressed.

Sarah Rabbit
11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
As I have written before. I should have been born a female. Yes, even with the social implications, the lower pay, being harshly judged on their looks, and all of the other real or perceived problems that go with being a woman I would say definitely YES. One can not help what one feels is true. As I have also previously stated, had I accepted who I was when I was younger, I probably would have taken the TS road. However I am now happy and content with my life (bar one thing) therefore the misery I felt when I was younger for not being born a GG has pretty much subsided.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Penny
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
No! I'm just a guy who likes to look pretty and my perception of pretty is female not to be confused with a female want-to-be. Besides, I'm not in therapy now so why would I want to spend years in therapy trying to adjust. I have already adjusted to who I am.

MJ
11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
good question the answer is yes i would love too in a heart beat and can you make me 20 years younger too lol

Deanna2
11-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Do I want to be a girl is not a question I ask myself. I'm just a guy who loves to wear femme gear and I do it as often as I can. I don't have any gender crisis or even confusion. OK, I sign in here as Deanna - which is a name I like and it reminds of Counsellor Troi from Star Tek TNG, the most beautiful women on TV. But that doesn't mean I want to be a real live Deanna.

Kate Simmons
11-07-2006, 05:17 AM
You pose a good question, Bren. Essentially, I'm pretty much all "female" now, in more ways than one (actions and mannerisms), except for the obvious physical part. I feel I owe it to myself to find out though. My daughter and her husband will be moving back to Ireland later this month. Not only that but I'll be going into semi-retirement at the end of the month. I will have the time and opportunity to be Ericka more than 50% of the time. As the next year winds down, I plan to possibly go to being Ericka 24/7. This would include dating guys who accept me as Ericka (I've had a number of offers but have been turning them down--just no time). I'm just wondering if I can do it. I've always said I had no wish to transition but this will give me a "look see" if that would be a possibility. I know it's not easy being female full time but I'm willing to give it a shot. This should answer the question for me once and for all if I would want to transition or not. Perhaps I'll find out just being Ericka full time will be sufficient. Time will tell.:happy: Ericka/Rich

noname
11-07-2006, 05:24 AM
I don't want to be female, but I'd like the privileges they get.

Dawn29680
11-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Years ago when it would have affected fewer people yes now not so sure.

Joy Carter
11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
If it were not for the attachments I have now then yes.

Charleen
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah, oh yeah! Love and xxxx, Lily

Raychel
11-07-2006, 07:22 AM
NO WAY, I have the best of both worlds now. I get to dress in all the nice clothes that I like and no hormone swings or any of that other nasty stuff that women have to deal with all the time.

Sedona
11-07-2006, 08:22 AM
No way,

I enjoy being a guy too much. Sure, I look pretty silly in a dress, and it'd be nice to take the male shoulder/leg/arm bulk down a notch, but it's not such a big deal really. Never wanted to have permanent surgery/implants etc. . .

The alternative reason for liking to be a guy better is that women are discriminated against in so many ways in our society. But, to consider further, I've dealt fine with having dark skin, so one more block (or ten) might not be so tough to hurdle.

Best,

Mary Jane
11-07-2006, 08:26 AM
No, I enjoy being male and sometimes being able to look female. As said before, the best of both worlds.:D

Kathleen Anne
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Not at this time ! I am finally coming to grips with my feelings and family situations to change now . .............. but if the pill would give me back my hair take 30 years off and make into a blond bombshell i would have to give it some serious thought

CharleneCD
11-07-2006, 09:20 AM
If I took that magic pill then I would probobly end up posting in the FTM section of this forum. Since discovering my fem side I have realized how suppressing my feminine tendancies hurt my male side. Now that I have found a balance between my male and feminine sides I haveseen that while in guy mode I am much more comfortable and better off in social situations. I have a feeling that going all female would lead to the same problems I had as a guy.

Now if I had a pair of pill bottles that would let me go back and forth.........

Kate Simmons
11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
I guess the truth comes out in your thread, Bren. Most want to remain guys. Me, I can work it from any angle but hey I'm flexible.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Kimberly
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I've been considering this for a long time - very recently, I've been questioning how far my dressing actually goes, deep down. My history of experiences, especially as a youngster do make me think I would have changed sex if given the "magical" option -- I can remember clearly falling asleep, wishing I would wake up a girl.

I don't know, and I won't be getting any younger. After a transition/surgery, I would be at least be 25, so... the time to consider it is now, I suppose. I may seek some gender councilling soon, just to determine how TS I am.

Nice mixed responses though. xx

Tgirl74
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I have thought about this question over and over in my mind many times and I can honestly say I'm still not sure.I think If I were female than it would be easier to be myself and fitting in would be a breeze but I'm starting to think its not female I really want to be.I really just want to look,act and appear feminine.

I want to wear dresses,heels, pantyhose,make up,carry a purse, have beautiful curls and a little shake in my hips when i walk everyday not just on a friday night.

Now wearing a bra makes me think about having breast but do i need to have breast in order to wear a bra? Well no of course not I wear one every friday night and I don't have breast.My bras fit and feel great on my chest.I don't have a flabby chest at all but also not overly musclular just nicely shapen from some light weight training to fill my bras just right.

so i guess at this point i wish i could look like a female but i'm not obsessed with altering my body in any major way.

Hair removal? Definately! longer hair?For sure! More clothes,shoes, bags and make up?Hell ya!!Being female?Not so much. Being Me all the time? I wish!

Jacinda

Sharon
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Do we really want to be female?

Well, in my case -- yes. More than that, however, I believe I am female -- at least in my heart. Whether or not I "look like a troll" has no bearing on how I feel.

livy_m_b
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
It seems there are several trend lines, maybe more: those who are young or haven't accumulated gendered expectations in those that matter most to them - they either 1) say it's just a part of their lives or 2) say that they would prefer to be women, period; those who have accumulated gendered expectations in people who are important to them - they say, it's imperfect, but I will stay as I am.

Myst
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
This question has been on my mind a lot lately, and I still don't know the answer. I used to wish to be a girl when I was younger, and sometimes now wish to be a woman. But I know I wouldn't be where I am in life today if I was not a man. There are positives to being male too, one of them being able to admire the beauty that so many women posses. If I was female, would I look at other women the way I do now? Could I enjoy being with a woman if I too were one?

I think when it comes down to it, I love the way women look, act and dress and as a cd, I can emulate (as much as I can) that which I love while still enjoying the obvious benefits of being a man. Still, I wish I was more open to people about who I am. I think that would take away a lot of the wanting to be GG part of me that I sometimes feel.

Jennaie
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Ask me again in 10 years.:D

rachel_jean
11-07-2006, 09:37 PM
No, can't say as I do.

crusadergirl
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Thats a hard question on somedays, I enjoy being a guy so i would not take a pill like many have said they like both worlds. The things i like are mostly things guys like to do and about 10% of the stuff is girly things. So this dragon of destiny will stay as a man.

Sejd
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Brenda
I think you are what I call "wo spirit people". A man who is also a woman, a soul with the insight of two. Why does it have to be either or? you can be in this state which you feel is right. We are all different, and it always surprise me to read how many CD's think they have to "BE" in any specific way, instead of just listening to their inner desire for what is enough.
huggs
Sejd

suchacutie
11-07-2006, 11:40 PM
For those of us who are not driven to lose their male experiences, it has to be almost ideal to be able to exist to some greater degree in both genders. The blend of experiences is simply fantastic.

Tina

Calliope
11-08-2006, 01:31 AM
I don't want to be female, but I'd like the privileges they get.

The above almost strikes me as the core difference between CD and TS. The former are often gender tourists (which is great) while the latter have simply accepted that, however society perceives / labels them, they are female - for better and worse. (I've been living a woman's life - even way back when I called myself a guy.)

Melanie
11-08-2006, 01:50 AM
HIi

one day I say yes ,then the next no.So I will remain who I am a man who adores dressing.If that pill could change us for a few days or hours at a time and then back again with no harsh side effects,then hey sign me up!

Hugs,
Melanie :hugs:

Brianne_bc
11-08-2006, 02:50 AM
for me? No... But i would like the choice to be able to be either if i so choosed that particular day.... yeh I want my cake and eat it too...

eleventhdr
11-08-2006, 03:21 AM
I am still thinking that since i have been female in mnay more past lives then male that it is how I am really suppose to be so to me and for me I would change in a niano second to be a real gg

But I am also thinking that i would really want to begin all over agian form being the time when i was a child and be female all of my life then I would know once again how it is for one to grow up female and with all of it's dreams and happiness and or unhappiness it is still worth it to be a real girl I am rreally hating being male right now and do want to be completly female indeed I will take what ever it dishes out good and or bad.

Just let me be what I do really want to be. A girl!

Jay Suzy!

soccervixen
11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
no, not me, I like to wear women's clothes, but I am a man inside and out, and my wife wouldn't accept being married to anyone else. So I am CD, but not TS in a classical sense.

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I used to think I was just a CD. But since living ft time at home for more than a year and a half I think I may be ts. But I don't want surgery. I am just a girl in my mind.

Mary L
11-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Absolutely not. I've done serious male sports all my life. I like my own reproductive apparatus. I would really like a pill that allows me to be female for 12 hr at a time, however. :happy:

sarahtv
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Reminds me of the Charles Anders joke. What's the difference between a crossdresser and a transsexual? Two years, sometimes one.

For me, if I could snap my fingers and be female and all the relationships and commitments be addressed I would do so in a heartbeat. Life is just not that simple.

I know many women complain about their lot in life, phrases such as "guys are so lucky" really rankle, yet I wonder if the female life is what we imagine. Would living full time as a female get old really fast as the fun dressing time becomes routine and expected?

Jere Oneil
11-08-2006, 11:10 AM
I've said before, I don't really want to be a woman, I just like the clothes, and I don't wear outside of our home. But there are two cases where I'd say yes. If there was a magic pill, or something which would allow me to change to female for a time, and then take another pill to change back, I might try it just for the experience. Secondly if for some medical reason, (not SRS) my penis had to be removed, I'd ask the doctor if instead of my having to use a bag, he could create a vagina that would allow me to pee like a female.

Tgirl74
11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Are we all being honest with ourselves or is it outside circumstance that molds the way we think?

Jacinda

Iniquity Blonde GG
11-08-2006, 01:53 PM
although its not really my place to comment on this particular post, i sat and read thru all the comments. i admire you all for being/doing what you want to be. being a GG isnt all its cracked upto be sometimes lol !! seriously there are days when i just want to curl up and hide being a woman, in some ways its a honer that you all want to feel/be femme, sometimes in a way us GG take it for granted, ( thats just my opinion ), anyways ...... sorry just wanted to pass comment !! :love:

Lourie James
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't take the pill. All my life i wanted to dress pertty an be feminion but I didn't want to be a girl, just look like one. I don't know why but when I was younger I wanted to wake up one day, five ft. four 125 Lbs and with no body hair. so that I could be a boy or a girl when ever I wanted to. The pill would have to come with a hole body change too. The other thing is I would not like to change my life as it is now, other then getting to dress more look fem. and be able to go out and enjoy be me.

cathie
11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
It would be great from a society point of view to be able to "Switch" (thank you Ms.Barkin) back and forth however in the end (no pun intended) I'm glad to be a guy. Less barriers to over come and besides I like being able to get away with getting out of bed and out the door in under 2 mins if I have to without doing anything extra other than a dash of deoderant and a hat

Phoebe Reece
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not really interested in becoming as "female" as medical science can accomplish. I enjoy switching between the masculine and feminine too much. That said, if I could take a pill that would get rid of all the hair on my body that is not on top of my head, I think I would take that in a heartbeat. I really hate all the time I have to spend shaving.

MissAnnM
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow a magic pill. As a kid thats all I dreamed about. Now I think about it but. Wife, kids you all know. If that doctor that I had seen when I was 18, did just say “it’s a phase and I would get over, the right girl is all you need “. (Would I like to talk to him now). Today I would have to pass on that pill.

bredalee25
11-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Well this thread brought out alot of responces from different perspectives. I've enjoyed reading every post. I guess it's a different answer for everyone depending on their situation. Thank you all for responding it's alot for a girl to think about.

ttfn

carol ann
11-08-2006, 07:26 PM
The fantasy is fantastic but that is what it is - a fantasy

TVStevie
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Not now, not ever. I've got the best of both worlds, so why change it?:happy:

Kathryn Philips
11-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I am not a woman trapped is a mans body and I am fairly sure that I am at most a TV. But yes, I really wish I had been born a girl. Am I contradicting myself?

Sexy_Jennifer
11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't take the magic pill... I don't really see myself as being either 'male' or 'female', rather I'm just 'me', a conscious entity that by blind chance just happens to be inhabiting a body whose blueprint contains a y chromosome. I'm an existentialist, so I see all purported identities such as 'male' and 'female' as transcendent and unattainable. Instead, they are games or roles to be played... so whilst I can never actually BE a woman or indeed a man, the important thing is to have fun acting out these roles if I choose to do so. And I can perfectly well act in a traditionally 'feminine' way without having to drastically alter my body.

However, if the pills were reversible, so that you could change sex willy-nilly, that would be a blast! Perhaps 500 years in the future it will be that simple!

Kimberly
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
That said, if I could take a pill that would get rid of all the hair on my body that is not on top of my head, I think I would take that in a heartbeat. I really hate all the time I have to spend shaving.
Resounding yes! xx

Jesse69
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I would have preferred to have been born a beautiful female from the start. But if I was ugly I'd rather be a guy. Now if there was a magic pill I'd take it, but the problem would be adjusting to guys because actually I think a lot of guys are ugly! When I doll myself up totally and look in the mirror I realise I make a better looking woman than my average guy self. I did ask God to change me into a woman when I went to Lourdes but the attendent miraculously read my mind and laughed at me!

SRS is not a real option to me. Only being born female is. So I'm stuck being a "straight" crossdresser.

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 12:18 AM
right now, no to the pill, but if something devestating should happen where i'd have the choice to save my penis (with a fake one), or get SRS down there, i'd go with SRS, it would be the only way i'd want to really lose it, other ways may be a bit fantasy related.

Deborah
11-09-2006, 12:34 AM
being a GG isnt all its cracked upto be sometimes lol !!

I'd still take being a GG over what i am anyday. :)

sometimes in a way us GG take it for granted

We all have a 50/50 chance of getting lucky. Many of us were attached with the wrong 50% ;)

Susan.Boots
11-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Just for one wild and crazy week. YES YES YES. To feel breasts, to wear high heeled boots and a leather skirt OH YEAH!

tall_brianna
11-09-2006, 02:11 AM
This is a great question and thread. If there were a magic pill that made me female overnight, would I take it?

This presents a mind boggling delimma for me because, yes, I would take the pill. But I don't think I could bring myself to do the technologically available methods (HRT+SRS).

I think part of it is that I really want to be a real girl and the available means would just make me a guy with female features. Is there a difference, I don't know. I don't intend, in any way, to discourage those going through the procedures. Please don't take offense; I admire you. I also reserve the right to change my mind.

I think it would also be easier for everyone else to accept. "Hey, this guy showed up at my door and said I have this pill for x hundred/thousand dollars that will make you a girl and I thought, sure, I've always wanted to know what it was like to be a girl.... So, here I am. Do you like my outfit?"

:)

Great thread.

-b

Joni Beauman
11-09-2006, 02:24 AM
I recall having this fantasy as a teen. I would but who would haul and split the firewood? My wife can't even swing the splitting maul hard enough to split oak and isn't too excited about getting up 22 feet to clean out the gutters. I guess we need one mule in the family and that, by default, is me - so I better not take the pill. Joni

bredalee25
11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I think this thread has gotten more hits than any other i've posted. That makes me feel good to know i'm asking the right question for a change.

Thank you all for responding.

ttfn