PDA

View Full Version : Should I wear through security in DRAB?

Deedee_tv
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I just received these wonderful boots from Avenue and am seriously considering wearing them to Houston tomorrow. I would have to take them off at airport security. I will wear them with women's jeans like this but otherwise be in drab. What do you think?

I have until noon Tuesday to decide.

Thanks

Deedee_tv

Jenna1561
11-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Deedee,

Gof for it girl! Those boots are great. As long as you realize that you have to take them off and then put them back on at Security, no problem whatsoever.

I recently flew out of Washington Dulles. At the time I was wearing women's Duckhead jeans, black ankle boots, light makeup and carrying an exquisitely soft Tiangello leather backpack purse. Security never even noticed me (sniffle).

You shouldn't have any problems.

Jenna

trannie T
11-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Nice boots, and probably not a threat to our national security. Go for it girl!

Deedee_tv
11-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Deedee,

Gof for it girl! Those boots are great. As long as you realize that you have to take them off and then put them back on at Security, no problem whatsoever.

You shouldn't have any problems.

Jenna

Thanks Jenna. I think I may wear a women's sweater with a cami underneath just to spice it up a bit more.

Jenna1561
11-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Just remember that your identification indicates male, if you try to pass as a woman, it could be misconstrued. Also, breast forms are a silicone GEL. Gels are substances that they look for in explosives materials, so I wouldn't try to carry (or wear) them on. Best to put them in your checked bag. I placed mine in my checked bag and didn't have any problems.

I don't know what the TSA's or FAA's policy is on transgendered/transsexuals wearing breastforms aboard flights, but I'd rather not test those waters.

Good Luck, have fun, be safe, and enjoy.

Jenna

Glenda58
11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
all airport security will make you take off all shoes and boots to go thought scanners been there done that. So if you want to take them off and put them back on in the airport go for it.

Lauren Richards
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm with Glenda on this one. You will be taking them off, so I would opt for a comfortable pair of flats or loafers, male or female, to just make the whole security thing less of a hastle. I don't see very many GGs going thru security in boots, but then, I don't hang around the airport very much, either.

Basically, understand what is expected, and set your own level of comfort. They won't care, either way.

Billijo49504
11-07-2006, 01:00 AM
I too say go for it. Those aree nice looking boots...BJ

BREE GG
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Wow Hot boots :D

But as the other ladies have said go for it :thumbsup:

Bree

Brianna Lovely
11-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Yes, nice boots, but I would wear sandals for the security check and have the boots in a plastic shopping bag, to send through the scanner. Put your boots on after the security check.

RachelDenise
11-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Remember the TSA people lack a sense of humor. If questioned, be truthful. I don't think the boots or jeans are an issue, especially in Texas.

Charolette time
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Go for it ,but its alot more conveniant to wear a pair of flip flops, also remember if its a long flight they may get warm or uncomfortable and cause some foot problems later and ruin your day or vacation,plus if your toe nails are pretty in red you may want to show them off, I traveled with a light pair of loafers and they were just the ticket , Charolette ps, great looking boots, my calfs are to big for them too wear

Billie Jean
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Any man wearing boots like that should be taken into custody so I can find out where to get me some. Wear whatever you like my dear, after all you have the right to be happy (unless it has been forbiden by Home Land Security). Native Americans are the original Home Land Security and have been fighting terroism since 1492. Billie Jean

Rachael Turner
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, Im traveling next week and Im going to wear gap girls jeans, white microfiber tights and my new 2" heeled loafers. Who cares what security may think, I'm expressing myself, last I check that was still legal.

MissAnnM
11-07-2006, 04:04 PM
For me I would just wear them, just stay out of the fertilizer. (Ha Ha) It’s the metal that caused me trouble I was coming home from LA and I was wearing a new camisole damn thing set off the metal detector (strap clip). First I was embarrassed when the TSA guy wanded me, then ask me “what’s that”. I was not going to lie I told him. He looked at me and said OH and passed me through. Look who is embarrassed now.

myMichelle
11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Nice boots. I say wear them. I doubt anybody will even look twice. (Of course, a nice pair of Keds like the ones in your avatar would also be quick and easy.:)

Rachael Turner
11-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Well here's the outfit I'm going to wear when i go through airport security next week.

Gap boyfriend jeans
2" black heeled loafers
white microfiber tights instead of socks
Black mock turtleneck under a man's white dress shirt.

Should be cute without going too over the top right?

Rachael Turner
11-08-2006, 03:32 PM
the boots are cute sweetie, no real heel to them and I would consider them gender neutral. Veyr nice taste in footwear though. Best of luck. Have a great flight.

Deedee_tv
11-14-2006, 10:09 AM
I just received these wonderful boots from Avenue and am seriously considering wearing them to Houston tomorrow. I would have to take them off at airport security. I will wear them with women's jeans like this but otherwise be in drab. What do you think?

I have until noon Tuesday to decide.

Thanks

Deedee_tv

I wore these on my flight to Houston. I had those jeans on with a womens red long sleeved v neck tunic over a womens button down collar shirt. I wore this outfit to dinner with my co-workers who never made a peep. Going through security was no issue. Everyone is busy getting their stuff off and I just took the boots off and put them in the tray and sent them through. I always just pick up my stuff and walk away to put them on. No big deal.

Thanks for the support,

Deedee_tv

Cyndie
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I think it is a wonderful idea. I have some girl slacks and shoes that look like guy shoes that I love to wear. Just a thought, are you going to wear pantyhose and how will you feel taking off the boots. You could always pack pantyhose in your carry-on and put tem on after clearing security. I have done that with underwire bra when traveling.

Get dressed and have fun

TTFN

Ranee Daze
11-14-2006, 10:40 AM
In Canada we are not so paranoid, but all the same we should all change our travellin' names to "Prudence". You see, Miss Prudence is the arch enemy of Mr. Murphy, and as long as she is along for the ride Mr. Murphy and his law will simply wait for another flight.
Things go wrong when we are out and about because we forget prudence and take stupid chances.

Sejd
11-14-2006, 11:20 PM
I say, forget about the boots, taking them off and on slows everyone down, dont wear anything on your feet. Walk barefoot with painted nails. LOL
huggs
Sejd