PDA

View Full Version : hair

stevie h
01-09-2005, 11:00 AM
does anyone have info on hair removal from face and body. I am desperate to go 24/7 but i just would not get away with it at the moment. I have read up and heard of loads of different treatments but what works. Love to hear from anyone with practical experience. I have just about had enough now. I can't take much more. I know i don't need to explain the ins and outs. You know how desperate things can get. The hardest thing is the continual pretence. I am so pissed off. I know you girls are so supportive. i know there is no real advice you can give. i know in my heart what has to be done.

Yours mega pissed

stevie.

ps my partner is so understanding. She lets me do anything. but there is a barrier on how far. I want all the way (or nearly). but i can not keep asking for more. Pushing the envelope. Bugger. Bugger.

love you all

i am not really depressed just need to tell someone.

Maybe i should try and settle for what i have. i know i have more than most. Took along time to get here though.

anyway to go back to the original question. The next envelope is hair reduction, permantely (Ithink the spelling is coreect).

I love you all.

regards

stevie

Bernadina
01-09-2005, 11:07 AM
There's lot and lots of info already posted on hair removal. Do a search on "hair".

Here is one of the more recent threads.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317

Its a common problem. Good luck.

Rachel_740
01-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Stevie,

I'm currently having laser hair removal on my face. I started off going to a local beauty salon and had a trial patch followed by 1 treatment. Although this did have a small effect, they were recommmending 12 treatments at £200 each - a small fortune. One day after I booked in for my first treatment at the salon, someone suggested to me the local Nuffield hospital (if you go to Nuffield website (http://www.nuffieldhospitals.org.uk/default.asp) they list what treatments they do at what sites). I went there and had a chat, followed by a treatment. The intensity of the pain of the first treatment was greater than that of the beauty salon - but only because the machine was 'firing' far more quickly, but I had literally overnight results, where at the beauty salon it did some good, but wasn't really noticable. Also with the Nuffield the treatments are £155 each and they recommend 6, so considerably cheaper. I'm off for my 3rd treatment tomorrow but my face is looking really good - I have always looked like I need a shave even when I have just had one, but now my face is almost clear - after only 2 treatments.

To put things in perspective a bit though, the machine performs best with fair skin and dark hair (which is what I have), so I am very lucky there. Laser treatment does NOT work well on fair hair - it requires a good contrast between skin and hair.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Rachel

Sweet Susan
01-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Laser and electrolisis have good reputations, but I understand that you will also need to use hormones. Hmmm, that sounds like fun.....

Rachel_740
01-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Just go straight to the Nuffield for hair removal. I've been to my GP twice now. Once to tell her I'm going for SRS and the other time to give her a letter from my doc in London, but then I going private. If you go on the NHS you need your own doc on your side and far more involved.

I was put in contact with a cousellor who put me in contact with doc in London, who is the guy who does referral to hospital for surgery.

It's obviousy not quite that easy but should give you an idea.

Rachel