PDA

View Full Version : Post Halloween Blues

Nikki A.
11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I had such a good time and it felt so natural in a way that now I'm kind of down in that it's back in the closet again. Mentioned to wife, got the silent treatment. I have no one else to go with unless I go out alone after everyone goes to sleep.
Now that I've opened the door of the closet, I'd like to leave it open a bit. Do I pass easily, no, but if in context with the situation I look enough like a large, middle aged woman to create doubt. There is a part of me that just wants to wear a dress and be me but that ain't gonna happen.
Does anyone else feel this way? And how do get over it.

Karren H
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Once the doors open its hard to shut it!! So you may have to get a little creative... I've found that taking half days off then changing in a unisex restroom somewhere and going out enfemme for the afternoon is a great release!! And hey I don't pass that well either but who cares!!! So you need to do some planning and see what you can come up with!!!

The closet is a lonlely place and I'm glad I'm out and never plan to go back in!! Ever!!

Love Karren

trannie T
11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I too had a great time on Halloween. I'm going to a support group meeting next week, can't wait.

Billijo49504
11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
So pretend every day is Halloween!!! Go out shopping for the wife, and let her know you shopped for her dressed. See what she says. Be sure to get her something nice...BJ

Scotty
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Once the doors open its hard to shut it!!

Ain't that the truth!!! OMG.......

I did something two days ago I was not sure if I was going to do, but I did my tattoo - it may come across as masculine but the meaning is ENTIRELY femme and it's very public :) Baby steps out of the closet, baby steps..

ColleenCD
11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Searching,

Keep the dust off the clothes. Steal away time when you can.

Karren, rumor has it that you change in the penalty box. Is this true?:D

Colleen

ankletauntie
11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I had such a good time and it felt so natural in a way that now I'm kind of down in that it's back in the closet again. Mentioned to wife, got the silent treatment. I have no one else to go with unless I go out alone after everyone goes to sleep.
Now that I've opened the door of the closet, I'd like to leave it open a bit. Do I pass easily, no, but if in context with the situation I look enough like a large, middle aged woman to create doubt. There is a part of me that just wants to wear a dress and be me but that ain't gonna happen.
Does anyone else feel this way? And how do get over it.Keep the door well and truly open. There must be a group near you. if not the internet will give an answer. I think it's not about "passing" but how you feel.
Lauren.xx

JoAnnDallas
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I did not get dressed for Halloween, but I am going to a CD event here in Dallas this weekend. It will be my first time among others like myself and have mixed feelings. It is not the first time I will be out in the daylight, but will be the first time enteracting with others. It helps that the others are CDer's too. LOL In fact I have a breakfest date with the one of the officers of the Dallas Tri-Ess chapter. Hoping for an invite to visit and join.

Nikki A.
11-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the support. I guess that the one thing that held me back was the question of whether I could blend in and not be noticed as a man in a dress.
Based on what I observed and comments from others who have seen the photos, I guess with a little work and appropiate clothing most people see what they want to see.
Now all I need is the time to be able to dress more often. The first step is the hardest and I guess that it probably gets easier the more times you do it. I wish my wife was more accepting and would help, but going out with her is a definate no-no. Halloween is the exception and even then it was ok but I was still on my own.:(
Anyway, til then I'll just wear my panties and occasional hose under my drabs and plan my next great escape.

crusadergirl
11-08-2006, 02:21 PM
I went out for halloween and i had a good time. I went to a bar a couple miles from my house with so friends that don't know i'm a cd. I felt natural i was scaried at all and i got treated like a girl. I like going out as a girl but i couldn't do it all the time alot of ppl know me. Thats why i'm a fan favorite.

gianna25
11-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Ain't that the truth!!! OMG.......

I did something two days ago I was not sure if I was going to do, but I did my tattoo - it may come across as masculine but the meaning is ENTIRELY femme and it's very public :) Baby steps out of the closet, baby steps..
Scottie,

Where are the pics of that tattoo we have been hearing about.

G