PDA

View Full Version : hair nets

sandra-leigh
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Perhaps someone can develop this idea into practicality:

At a deli I went to last night, the food handlers were all wearing hats or hair-nets, in keeping with good food preperation hygenie. All 3 in the store were male; the two younger had gone the hairnet route; both had hair that was not short. On one of them (curly haired) the result just looked a little silly, but on the other one, the effect was to arrange his hair into something more feminine than masculine -- by adding shaped volume I guess.

This suggests the possibility that for some of us, feminine hair-styles might be achievable temporarily via hair-nets or similar; or perhaps by tucking hair up under a kerchief -- not to hide, but to shape.

Has anyone happened to try either of these?

(I suspect it would not work well for me; my hair is fairly fine and limp, and just doesn't hold volume.)

Karren H
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I wore hair nets when I worked in the dorm cafeteria in college and I also had long hair! And they were a real pain!! And didn't do much to make my hair look fem..

I used to wear my hair in a pony tail or even in pig tails a lot which was very fem looking!! A few times I put one pony tail sticking straight up with my hair cascading in every direction!! Lol. College kids!!! :)

Now my hair is too thin to grow long and I perfer wigs since I can change my look at a moments notice!!

Love Karren

hiprule
11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
never thought about hair nets, period. Now I am. Now I have an idea. I'd actually like to dress as a waitress. That just seems very feminine, the hair net and all. I guess I'd be a waitress in a crap restaurant.

Karren H
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
never thought about hair nets, period. Now I am. Now I have an idea. I'd actually like to dress as a waitress. That just seems very feminine, the hair net and all. I guess I'd be a waitress in a crap restaurant.

Hope you make enough tips to cover the cost of your uniform and hair net!! hehe

Love Karren

Carroll
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
aint got enough hair to comb, let alone shape and form:D

Kate Simmons
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Yep and yep. Ericka/Rich

Phyliss
11-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't need a "hairnet" ..... a "skin net" would do just fine.