PDA

View Full Version : Second hand shopping

Donna Louise
01-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi Sisters

I know there are many that live on a tight budget. I thought I would show what you can do shopping in second hand stores. The top is black with diny dots of various colors.

Please before you judge how I shop let me say that everything still had the tags on it. Yes, even the shoes still had the label with size and stuff no smears of wear and tear on it.

I realize that it is not summer and the pants are sort of out of season. I tried them on with a top I just got.

So here is the bottom line.

Top $2
Pants $4
Shoes $6

So this cost me a total of $12 plus tax of course.

Sorry no make up. I know I look bad. I have to wait until I know the daughter and grandson are not going to pop in. That is usually after 6. Darn it anyway.

Please let me know what you think. Oh by the way wig, ebay $29 (new).

Hugs
Donna Louise

http://www.geocities.com/donna653001/pants-white-black-top-2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/donna653001/shoes-wooden.jpg

Wendy me
01-09-2005, 02:40 PM
donna nouthing wrong with second hand shops real good things real low prices .
around here sallys (salavation army) willys (good will) amoungst outhers......
hell .....you can go for ever .....yard sales....flea markets.........if you can get
some realy nice things for realy short cash ...........all that for $12.00 donna
shop on girlfreind

DonnaT
01-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Nice outfit Donna. I like that wig too. Maybe you can use it in your avatar?

Now, is that a cigarette in your hand? :eek: Shame shame shame. Smoking's not good for the skin. Gives a girl early wrinkles. ;)

Ashleigh
01-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Pretty cutsy outfit. Like the shoes too.

StephanieCD
01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
My bedroom used to have a door in it that went into a thrift shop... when I was a teen. After hours I'd sneak in and shop... I only took a couple of things and actually left the money on the floor near the desk - it was a small local shop.

After that I really came to like thrift shops and the salvation army and the like. You can find some real gems if you use your imagination.

(and I really like the thrift shop punk goth look ;) )

StephanieCD
01-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I called the door "The Door to Narnia"

forgot my little joke...

alba68
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Got loads of stuff from charity shops. Good quality too. And helping a good cause in the progress.

eleventhdr
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't get it why pants I thought this was all about us guys who want to wear skirts and dresses I already wear pants and they are yucky I want to wear the others. Suzy!.

MistyCD
01-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Nice outfit, and love the shoes....... I found a store that sells dresses, tops, pants, etc really cheap in the USA, most for around $10. The store is called DOT'S . Although they do not sell stuff online, you can find their shops listed online

www.dots.com

Luv Misty :)

Robertacd
01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
I shop at the local Goodwill all the time. They all know me and don't even give me a second look as I take a cart full of stuff from the pluss size ladies area over to the mens changing rooms.

It don't have to be "new with tags" just clean. I mean c'mon get over it. What could some woman possibly do to a skirt that grosses you out to wear it?

Donna Louise
01-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Breath, Breath ... count to 10.

The pants just happened to be what I tried the top on with at the time. Also to give some of the new girls thoughts about buying on a budget. It was not meant to be for a fashion statement. I guess it is true, you can't please everyone.

You know in life you learn some simple lessons. One I learned from watching the Bambi movie. Thumper (remember Bambi's little bunny friend) learned a lesson from his Mom - If you can't anything nice, don't say nothing at all.

Donna Louise

DonnaT
01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't get it why pants I thought this was all about us guys who want to wear skirts and dresses I already wear pants and they are yucky I want to wear the others. Suzy!.

Suzy Hun, look around when you're out again. Many GGs wear pants, thus CDing isn't limited to skirts.

In my 29 years as a CD I haven't worn ladies pants, but I can't fill them out right anyway. My butt is too small.

Donna Carries it off pretty well I think, and the top went very well with the pants. Probably better than a skirt would have too.

Megan_Renee
01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know if this makes me more androgynous, but I prefer slacks to skirts... I still fill them out and I' quite feminine in them... Maybe it's just me...

Megan
--,--`--@

Rikki
01-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Most of my nicest outfits come from goodwiil stores and other second hand stores. As for wearing pants, I think that is up to whomever, as long as they feelgood. Myself, I like to keep away from pants. But Donna, you look great, I do like the shoes though.

Rikki

Tamara Croft
01-10-2005, 04:25 AM

You will be very lucky if you ever see me in a skirt, I prefer trousers and you will find that a lot of women wear them. Since when is this all about guys wearing skirts and dresses?? *shakes head*

Tamara x

Julie
01-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Nice purchases Donna Louise including the slacks. The right leg of the slacks seemed to have shrunk in the lower picture though. :D

JJ

Wendy me
01-10-2005, 01:35 PM
donna you did just fine i like the slacks you look good in them ....buy what you like wear what you like

christine55
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
If a girl wants any kind of variety in her wardrobe she must either be rich or else shop second hand. You can't always get the latest looks, but if you like the classics a good thrift store will always have some very nice items. I do buy panties and bras new but I have found nice some nice slips used. Shoes I usually buy new at Payless.
Hugs, Christine

Donna Louise
01-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Thank you Ladies

Thank you for the sweet words.

I was just trying to give some of our sisters an alternate route then retail stores. Many bargins can be found in thrift stores. I knew of one where you could go in an buy clothes for $1 a pound. I selected very well, mostly new to nearly new silk. Cleaned them and sold them on ebay and bought myself a new wig.

I could tell you some great ebay stories but that would be another thread under the new rules.

Hugs
Donna Louise