PDA

View Full Version : Seems that I'm still a sucker for...

sandra-leigh
11-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Tonight's shopping mini-spree was at Value Village (a thrift shop). I went en femme: wig, light makeup to cover whiskers, dark brown/red lipstick, light yellow/brown skirt, yellow-beige trowser socks, black loafters, C forms, back-fastening stretchy sky-and-bamboo blouse) and took off my (male) coat in the store so that my blouse could be clearly seen. I didn't have any problems with anyone -- either people didn't read me or they didn't care.

The haul tonight was:

- a light-tan long woman's coat; relatively thin, but the cuff style and the belt and the narrowing at the waist make it clear that it is womens' style while being sedate -- professional-like rather than attention-getting

- a light yellow silk blouse (about $US 3.50!); I think after I get the top button sewed back on, that I may be able to wear it at work

- long and very flowing orange/pink pants; the style might be called "harem" perhaps. These turn out to be very thin (panties are clearly visible)

- a blue denim jump-suit that narrows at the waist; this is not "overalls" style, and it isn't designed to be sexy, just workable everyday femme clothing in a style that is not common but which people would not consider strange

- a long green dress with elm-like (oval) leaves. It's bigger than I need, and is not a bust-flattering style (i.e., the fabric falls too straight for that), but I haven't seen anything in a similar colour / pattern before.

Are you going to make me invent more rationalizations here, or is "I seem to be a sucker for green dresses" sufficient explanation? Why I have weak defences against green (and some varieties of orange) I really don't know. But it is probably telling of something that I don't wear green in drab: my drab is mostly black, white, blue, or brown; so when I wear a green (or orange) dress, I feel distinctly feminine, not just "a guy who happens to be wearing the female equivilent of his male clothes".

Terri Ryan
11-08-2006, 04:25 AM
I've found the same thing since I started crossdressing in a serious way, my clothing colour tastes are totally different dressed en femme from drab. I to have found I'm really attracted to various shades of green & dark pinks through to red which I would never have thought of buying as male clothing, all very enjoyable

sandra-leigh
11-08-2006, 04:43 AM
I to have found I'm really attracted to various shades of green & dark pinks through to red which I would never have thought of buying as male clothing

I haven't been able to get into many reds as yet: most reds and pinks just look wrong to me: they don't do anything for me aesthetically and I could not picture myself wearing them. I do have a couple of "riot of colour" red shirts that I like, though. Most traditional pink just turns me off (even on women); until, that is, you get towards peach pink. There are some other shades of pink I don't mind -- and I've worn some of those in drab, to work.

A noticable exception on the reds is that I am partial to some of the traditional Chinese "national dress" fabrics for women that include bold reds; I've been tempted to buy some of those more than once (but always asked myself "It looks very nice, but where would you wear this??")

LaurenS.
11-08-2006, 07:03 AM
You need to have your colors done! That's when they drape different colors of material over your chest and shoulders and see what each looks like. It's very dramatic on the effect each color has on your face. It may change what colors you think look best on you. I know it did me. It's so much fun to do !
Lauren

sweeting
11-08-2006, 07:26 AM
hi tess good for you i have notised while i am dressedthat i will wear colors that i would never wear while in drabred pink yellow green

Charolette time
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Maybe if you got a part time job as a waitress at a Chinese rest, then you could wear the red and also learn a new style of cding, (and if you like chinese food thats a bonus) Charolette

Nikki A.
11-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I've noticed that as I've grown more comfortable with myself. I'm more open to more colors that I would have at one time thought too bold. One style that I like that satisfies both sides of me are the flowery, colorful Tropical shirts. THEY ARE COLORFUL sometimes silky and yet male tailored so I can wear them to work. As a bonus even my wife can't complain about them since they are men's shirts.