PDA

View Full Version : Would you dance

ubokvt
11-08-2006, 04:15 PM
My wife and I are sitting here talking, and the subject of dancing came up.

If you were out with the girls, and a man asked you to dance, would you????

My So's response is, "Why wouldn't you, depending if he is attractive and you are in the mood for danceing."

My response is ahhhhhhhh!!!!! but I'm not ready and she says I'm toooo sedate, I'm not a party girl.

So if asked would you dance????

Phoebe Reece
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
The answer for me would be highly conditional. There are a lot of other things that could affect my answer. Is the place a straight or gay or mixed venue? Does the man know I am just a straight crossdresser? Is the man looking for something more than just a dance? Is the man someone I know or a total stranger? Is it a fast or slow dance? Is the "man" really a man (I've been to some lesbian balls where there are FTM's in the crowd)? Are my feet sore from the previous dance? So many questions..... it all depends on the answers.

Lisa Golightly
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I can't dance... except in a very sad chicken lame in one leg kind of way... No-one who has witnessed the 'Golightly shuffle' would dare approach me. :)

Theresa(TGirl)
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
if i could, and like you said about those questions.

Amelia Coffey
11-08-2006, 04:46 PM
:iagree:
But even if I could dance, I'd have to say no way.

Amy

Rachael Turner
11-08-2006, 04:46 PM
I can't dance... except in a very sad chicken lame in one leg kind of way... No-one who has witnessed the 'Golightly shuffle' would dare approach me. :)

Does the "golightly shuffle" resemble the "kicks and thumbs" from Elaine from Seinfeld? :heehee:

Lisa Golightly
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Does the "golightly shuffle" resemble the "kicks and thumbs" from Elaine from Seinfeld? :heehee:

Yep! That's me... :)

Lissa Stevens
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
I was Elaine's choreographer. She wasn't too bad until I got ahold of her.

AlysonCD
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I couldn't dance to save my life. My two left feet are backwards...:cheeky:

Rachael Turner
11-08-2006, 05:28 PM
My wife and I are sitting here talking, and the subject of dancing came up.

If you were out with the girls, and a man asked you to dance, would you????

My So's response is, "Why wouldn't you, depending if he is attractive and you are in the mood for danceing."

My response is ahhhhhhhh!!!!! but I'm not ready and she says I'm toooo sedate, I'm not a party girl.

So if asked would you dance????

If I liked him and was in the mood I would. Dancing is fun, depends on the shoes I was wearing as well.

tekla west
11-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Sure, and I have. A dance is a dance, its not a life commitment.

suzy
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Nope.... I would not dance. I feel a loyality to my wife and dancing with someone else isn't helping to maintain that loyality.:D

janedoe311
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
A slow dance and, if he was taller than me by a lot. I am 6'1" in flats.

Just to see what it was like.

Kristen Kelly
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes by all means, the only problem I have is I'm so used to leading, when it comes to slow dancing.

CaptLex
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
So many questions..... it all depends on the answers.
And you're smart to question these things - just so there aren't any misunderstandings and conflicts. I've danced with lesbians at their bars and I could never take it beyond that, but the dancing was fun for all. Just to share a dance, a drink or a chat is all some people want sometimes, and as long as everybody is cool with that there's nothing wrong with it. :happy:

DonnaT
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I was asked that by another CDer once before, and told her if she wanted to, why not. And she did.

There doesn't need to be any hidden sexual enuendo behind it. Besides, she was going to be in a gay club with a bunch of other TGs. Not like she was going to be fooling him or anything.

Me, I've danced slow dances with my wife, but couldn't fast dance to save my life. Would I dance if I could? Sure, why not?

Note that's not a cop out answer. Heck I never went to any dances in my youth, so never learned.

Paula Thomas
11-08-2006, 05:54 PM
CaptLex - "Just to share a dance, a drink or a chat is all some people want sometimes, and as long as everybody is cool with that there's nothing wrong with it."

:iagree:

But........... I can't dance worth :2c: anyway (but it would be fun to try).

linnea
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Though I'm not a very good dancer, I would like to get better and almost the only way to do that is to do it. I love to dance and if I were asked by a man, I would say yes. I think that it would be fun. Of course, there are reasons why I might say no, just as there are reasons why I might not dance with a GG when I'm in male mode. But if I were out where there's dancing, I would want to take advantage of the situation as kick up my heels as best I could (maybe kick off my heels, depending on what kind of shoes I have on)!

Sure, and I have. A dance is a dance, its not a life commitment.

Leslie Foxx
11-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Sara, I can walk in these heels, but the dancing thing is a whole new learning curve. I would have to demurely decline the offer;^)

kellylynn_31
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Nope.... I would not dance. I feel a loyality to my wife and dancing with someone else isn't helping to maintain that loyality.:D

Agreed, would have to say no thankyou

Eugenie
11-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I adore dancing. I don't know however if I would be a good woman dancer...

Like was said by someone famous but I don't remember who : "Whatever steps Fred Astaire was doing, Ginger Rogers was doing the same backwark and on high heels..." I don't compare myself to Fred Astaire but certainly even less so to Ginger Rogers :heehee:

Perhaps as hinted on another post, perhaps a slow dance or even perhaps a waltz lead by a taller good dancer might suit me. Otherwise there are always those dances where dancers don't even touch eachothers... But I certainly wouldn't be able to dance a Rock and Roll in the woman's role...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Georgina
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
No not with a man, but I would with a woman. Georgina.

Paulette
11-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I would love to have a dance and be lead around the floor. I would just hope that I could do the steps in my heels backwards. I have tried dancing by pretending that I had a male partner but I am sure it is not the same thing.

GG Vanya
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM

LOL Lisa, that reminds me of how my ex danced. I swear he danced like the Caddy Shack gopher! :D He never moved his feet out of placed and just sorta wiggled his torso and arms.

As for Trudi dancing with a guy while she's enfemme? Nope, she wouldn't dare cuz she knows it's take out both her kneecaps! :devil:

She and I aren't even all that dance compatible. She used to teach Ballroom Dance (en homme of course) and she says I "invade her space" and try too often to lead! <innocent look> Moi? Lead? :la: :dom:

Scotty
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I would, if it were a slow dance, I'll have to learn to dance as a woman otherwise - seems they can get away with more :D :D

Kate Simmons
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Now you're talking my language. I've danced with guys and gals and dance every weekend. I love dancing. It's what I do.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Eileen
11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
A dancer, I am not, but I would love to dance. As has already been said, the answer would be yes with qualifiers. I would not in, any way, want to lead any one on. The other person would need to be totally aware of who I am. With every thing out in the open, I think it would be a wonderful experience!

Eileen

Sharon
11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Although in my mind I can imagine myself dancing like Ginger Rogers, I'm afraid I'm a total klutz on the dance floor.

But -- a slow dance I could handle, as long as it's really slowwwwwwwwwwww. :happy:

Sexy_Jennifer
11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Dance? I only really do headbanging, so I'd be scared my wig would fly off!

I don't think I'd dance properly with a man, unless he was a crossdresser, but I'd definitely swing my pants with another girl!

Crissy Kay
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
maybe with another t-girl

trannie T
11-08-2006, 08:04 PM
It might be fun to dance, with a man, with a woman, with a transgender. Now the only one I dance with is my cat, she hates it.

rye_ginger
11-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I would love to go out and dance. When you dance at clubs as a man you're so limited and have to look cool. But as a woman you'd be free to move and shake your ass and be so sexy! I'm getting very upset with myself just sitting here.

Amy Hepker
11-08-2006, 10:30 PM
My awnser is no as I cannot dance, not as a guy, not as a girl. Although I would love to learn as a girl. I was once at a wedding reception and there was this girl wearing this beautiful Blue Satin Long Bridesmaid Dress, she was dancing with this guy and he kept twirling her. I could only sit there and wish I were wearing that dress dancing like that.

ColleenCD
11-08-2006, 11:17 PM
In my younger day, I was labeled as The chicken dancer. Lisa, I thought I was the author of this, apparently, like crossdressing, I am not alone. :D

Colleen

Lois1234
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
In a heartbeat....yes. I often practice dancing with the tunes cranked up while en femme. Makes me feel good.