PDA

View Full Version : CD's playing guitars?????

kimberlund2004
11-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I have long noted from surfing the TG/CD sites, that OMG....so many of us girls are musicians and especially play guitar...(strats abound in pictures!)

A few years back I saw an all TG rock band in Seattle...I was SOOOOOOO
envious. Nothing hotter than wearing a short mini, tall heels, and slappin' your strat. I wish I could do that in public.

Do you think there is some connection to performing on stage, playing guitar(or whatever) in a band, and loving to dress? Something about having an "artsy brain" and voyouorism? (if TG/CD's are indeed voyour). Is there maybe a psychological profile connection?

Now everytime I visit a music store and see some skinny musician ripp'n in the sound room...I kinda wonder..."Dude, you play well...do you dress"?

Tina Dixon
11-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I remember seeing Joan Jett a few years back (2003) and her lead guitar player wore a red leather mini and fishnets, don't know if he was a dresser with his Mohawk hair cut.

Sexy_Jennifer
11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey hey! I've got a total of three strat-style guitars sitting right next to me! You might be on to something...

Weren't The New York Dolls the first ever transvestite band? I must confess I've never heard any of their stuff though.

Rock on, grrls!

Sejd
11-08-2006, 08:34 PM
I have begun dreaming about the day when I perform "en femme" playing my Taylor and singing my heart out. Have been contemplating writing some songs about being a CD. I don't think that being a CD has anything to do with being a performer, but it is also true that there are many musicians and arts people in the TG comunity.
huggs
Sejd

Dragster
11-08-2006, 08:34 PM
I've got a Takomine electro-acoustic myself, and never got beyond chords. But I did get up with the band at my daughter's wedding and played Status Quo's Caroline (daughter's name is Caroline). What a blast! First time I'd ever played to an audience, and they loved it. Nobody except the band knew it was going to happen, and most of them didn't even knew I could play a guitar.

Someone made a DVD of the whole day, and listening to myself in the cold light of day, it didn't sound quite so good. I didn't give up my day job!!!

Tony

Julogden
11-08-2006, 09:08 PM
No Strats here, but I do have a 1961 Jazzmaster that I recently had work done on to replace a faulty pickup and get everything working correctly again.

Sounds great now!

Carol:hugs:

Kristen Marie
11-08-2006, 09:15 PM
This fall I bought the top end Takamine, 12 string acoustical as a graduate present to myself for having my daughter graduate from college. No more tuition payments. It's a nice compliment to my Martin acoustical and Fender Jazzbass.

We are a talented lot!!

dann
11-08-2006, 09:40 PM
hey whadya know! i sing in a band, and play guitar. Although I stick with the singing on stage. My guitar playing ain't stage worthy. But I do have a strat. And a bass for that matter.

as it turns out, most of my rock-n-roll heroes have at one time or another appeared on stage in drag.

maynard (tool, Perfect Circle)
Scott wieland (STP)
marilyn manson
Kurt Cobain

My only heroes that don't make the CD list are Pink Floyd. However, it was rumoured that Syd Barrett (rest his soul) had "private" cd tendencies.

I've yet to perform in drag. Members of my band might think I'm a little to good at it and know it's more than a stage gimmick.Wife would appreciate it.

For what it's worth, I do get that same feeling of creativity when dressing as i do when playing music.Mabye next time I dress i'll pick up the old axe and see what comes out.
I do believe there is a direct link between open mindedness and creativity.

dann

AmberTG
11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Julogden, you have a 1961 Jazzmaster? Those are worth BIG bucks! It must be a joy to play.
Me, I'm a bass player, was in rock and roll bands for 20 years before job scheduling brought that to an end. When I was quite a bit younger I used to get dressed and try to write songs. I'm not a great song writer, but I have a few that I like. I have always wanted to perform as a woman, my voice is not as high as I would like, but I can cover Stevie Nicks and Cheryl Crow, wish I could cover Heart! Oh well nothing's perfect.
I can play chords on a 6 string, but that doesn't make me a guitar player. I do have an Ibanez semi-hollowbody 6 string that I fool around with at home.
My main bass is a Gibson Q-80 custom shop bass that I've had sense 1981, I also have an old MusicMan Sabre bass that needs to be refinished, I think I bought it in 1979, but it might have been 1980. I've always played through old Fender Bassman amps, I have an AB165 50 watt head with 2X15 cabinet and a Bassman 100 head. I picked up an old Ampeg SVT, but it needs to be rebuilt, and due to the cost of the filter capacitors for it, it's on the back burner. I fix old tube amps as a hobby.
One of these days I'm going to get back into playing again, I hope.
Amber

Sherlyn
11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
..I did 9 yrs road work played on a few local releases ....now just having fun :D with it ...played mainly Fender P's and a 4001 Ric but now hooked on my Schecter Custom 4....found this mag program on Google :)

Shannon CD
11-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling the 80's glam bands I was in had something to do with this dressing stuff. I have often wondered how many of the musicians from back then have graduated to CD. I can assure you that at the time, the more femme I looked, the prettier the girls I attracted. I just KNOW that there are women out there who would be into men in women's clothes. :D

BTW, I have a Mexican Fender Strat, a Jackson, 2 Ibanez acoustics (1 with electronics) and an Ibanez hollow body electric, for the blues stuff...not to mention my 5 piece Tama Rockstar kit.

Funny...I was a bass player all those years, now I have 5 guitars and not a bass in sight.

Maybe you're on to something.

AmberTG
11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
It'd be fun to be in an all CD band, quite outragous I think. The question is, do you go for the drag queen look or just trashy look? You could call the band "Dragg Queen" Or how about "Draggula" after the Rob Zombie song?

Theresa(TGirl)
11-08-2006, 11:31 PM
well, I have a Takamine acoustic-electric, much similar to the model that Garth Brooks used in the early 90s (pre custom guitar). and I have a (add a word that describes crap better) strat copy.

and I love my acoustic, just wish i could sing and play better, so i could record myself.

tekla west
11-09-2006, 12:00 AM
I worked the Joan Jett show here last week and the girl still rocks! I have an old Korean Bentley acoustic/electric that has been tweaked for me by a great gutiar tech, its got a Fender Tele pickup and some nice custom wiring for stereo effects. This guy buys and fixes old instruments and he had held on to this one for a few years because he liked the way it played and looked - its a unique blue or green depending on the light. But when I was bugging him to find me a good instrument he sighed and said this one would be perfect for me, which it is. I run it through a good two way Crate amp and a Digitec 200 effects processor. People can't belive the way it sounds. If you can't bring talent, bring production.

Billie1
11-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow, I'm impressed with all the gurls here who play.
My collection is down to two, a '64 Telecaster and a Martin D28.

Never performed en femme, but have thought about it often.
I've had an awful lot of fun, though, practicing all the moves!:dance:

Shannon CD
11-09-2006, 01:27 AM
I say we organize some kind of crossdresser jam session/vacation. We can pick someplace centralized and all get together with our equipment and have a ball. It would be open to those who do not play, as well. After all, all groups need an audience.

Then we could record the jam and make a CD CD.

AmberTG
11-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Sounds like fun to me!

Sejd
11-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Sherlyn
What a bummer, you live in Ontario. I want to start a TG band here in Seattle!!!!
I'm a big fan of your music Video stuff. Keep working on it.
huggs and kisses
Sejd

Sejd
11-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Shannon
Count me in. I have procuced 5 CD's of my own stuff over the years and love to perform
huggs
Sejd

Patricia Danielle
11-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Do ya need a Pedal Steel Guitar player? I was raised on Texas Dancehall and Westeren Swing. My insturment is an Emmons D 10 with 8 floor pedals and 6 knee bars so it will keep ya busy Amp is a fender vibrosonic custom. Like the other person I love my old Tube Type amps, they don't clip like the solid state stuff and it just has a sweeter richer sound to it.. Patricia Danielle.

Shannon CD
11-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I guess we just need a CD travel agent to help get things started here.

Any suggestions on location?

Sweet Jane
11-09-2006, 02:23 AM
ha ha...I just put up a photo of me and my epiphone on the pics board!!! Looking pretty trashy too!!!

tall_brianna
11-09-2006, 02:24 AM
'89 American Strat and an '04 Ovation Balladeer LX. I love both like children! I would jump at the chance to play in a tgirl band!

By the way, not only have I noticed a music trend, but I swear it seems like there are a disporportionate number of bass players! I actually started playing bass when I was 14 and switched to six string ~16. Freaky, bass player TG connection there.

-b

Eugenie
11-09-2006, 02:58 AM
I used to play jazz guitar in a small sextet. We played some New Orlean's style classics and middle jazz and Bossa Nova. Unfortunately I don't have much time to play anymore.

My favourite guitar players are Joe Pass and Bucky Pizzarelli.

I love themes with nice rich chords. I enjoy scatting on various jazz themes. My favourite female singer is Ella Fitzgerald. I'd love to sing "en femme".

I have two guitars, one Gibson Epiphone "Emperor" for pure jazz and a traditional nylon strings classic guitar for Bossa Nova.

:hugs:
Eugenie

deakane
11-09-2006, 03:36 AM
I play trumphet or did in school. Always wanted to learn how to play guitar and piano. Im going to try to teach myself guitar here very soon.

GypsyKaren
11-09-2006, 03:37 AM
I've played bass since high school, thinking about getting a Geddy Lee Jazz at the moment, though I've always wanted a Hoffner. Now I mostly play acoustic on an Epiphone or a Martin. Wish I still had my 60s Vox Westminster...

Karen

Rachel Newark
11-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Crikey!, we might be on to something here:

Yamaha FG-335, Acoustic bought in about 1978, just about played in by now :-)
Yamaha Pacifica ( 'Strat' ish )
Gordon Smith Graduate 60, brilliant 'Les Paul' type guitar!
Squire Precision Bass
Aria Sandpiper Electro-Acoustic

It's only rock 'n' roll, but we like it.

Rachel

tekla west
11-09-2006, 04:54 AM
perhaps its because every other band I work with has a female bass player, if there is a girl in the band playing, 9 times out of 10 its a bass. A Suzie Quatro deal or something.

Cami_wi
11-09-2006, 04:56 AM
All The Pretty Horses ....a GREAT Band , all TG/TS Band out of Mnpls, MN. Saw them play many times and they are Super ! Write thier own music, can buy CD's off thier website.
http://www.prettyhorses.net/

Andrea Elva
11-09-2006, 05:30 AM
I have a Takamine Jasmine and had a few others in the past, Ovation, Fender acoustic. But this Takamine is the best I ever owned. Used to play in the worship group in the church and for the sunday school for many years. Enjoyed it a lot. Played with many other others in the course of those years and had a blast. One sunday school came there was the two of us on guitars and we even had a drummer and spent one afternoon playing 60's and 70's pop songs and that was fun, I played the mouth organ in some songs and the kids danced and enjoyed themselves that afternoon.

satinsatin
11-09-2006, 05:44 AM
bought myself a gorgeous gibson les paul a few weeks back,play a telecaster too.love the blues.short blue skirts especially.:doll: much love to you all

Karren H
11-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Wish I still had my 65 Fender Telecaster....or my Fender Mustang.....or my Gibson 12 string....or even my DanElectro!!

Bought the son one of those Chineese Strats....actually a good guitar for $100.....but my finger nails were too long to play....lol

Love Karren

Scotty
11-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I have a Takamine 6 string and i TRY to play but I'm not that good with it, but I have fun with it and it's relaxing so I still do it.

Maybe someday I'll get lessons but I have a degree to finish first...

But an all TG or CD band, yeah!

What was the name of that Seattle band?

Thinking Boy George had the corner on that market....

I can come be the cheerleader or something LOL

Billiemarie
11-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Dressing and playing guitar since about 6 or 7 year old. Have now cheaper Squire strat and several full body steel string hollow box. Started with popular and light classical, then Ventures style in my teens and now like play steel hollow box with my Casio keyboard which has a number of popular classical numbers Nutcracker, Hungarian Dances no. 5 etc, etc ,also done as Rap City by the Ventures back in the sixtys.
Yes I think there is a connection. Xdressing is an expression of interself and desire to experance as much in this short life as possible.
I like to dress in drag during the week and then on the weekend dress like like a cowboy and compete in cowboy action shooting. I like single handed sailing and have a 27' sailboat that I coastal cruise and island hop in the bahama's.
Life a journey enjoy the ride.
Billie

Scotty
11-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I like to dress in drag during the week and then on the weekend dress like like a cowboy and compete in cowboy action shooting. I like single handed sailing and have a 27' sailboat that I coastal cruise and island hop in the bahama's.
Life a journey enjoy the ride.
Billie

I know people that do the 3 gun cowboy action - looks fun!!
Used to be a firearms instructor in another life :)

AZGia
11-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I started as a drummer then took up guitar between my son and I we have about a dozen guitars with the rarest being a Huntington microfret. This is not counting his couple of basses my drums keyboards and other stuff.

Ally K
11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I started playing guitar at age 5, and drums at age 9. Drums are my main instrument, and have been for the past 14 years. I still play guitar a little... but I'm a much better drummer.

Ally

Samantha B L
11-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I play a 1952 Les Paul Goldtop and I front a band that has received national radio airplay on a couple of ocaisions.I play electric guitar and my acoustic guitar playing is technically up to snuff but unremarkable.I own 2 acoustic guitars an old Silvertone and a "Ray and Dave Davies"Fender Avalon from the late 60's.I like straight blues,heavy rock,garage rock,British invasion and rockabilly.I've been fascinated with the idea of a cd band for years.I remember when the New York Dolls came out in the early 70's and i thought that what they were doing was incredible.I have a tendency to choose clothes that have kind of a fem overtone for daily drab and I try to stay clean shaven.But it would be real kick ass to perform enfemme.I remember that Todd Rundgren hosted a TV music show in drag.I think it was in 1975. I think it's great just looking at all these posts and seeing that lots of us play music.Samantha B L

tekla west
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
There are several such bands in the Bay Area, both Boiz and Grrls.

Emily Ann Brown
11-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Have a history of playing in local bands, guitar and drums. Still have my 59 Fender Duosonic,blond finish, which is called a "3/4" model, all original condition. Like Karren I wish I had the stuff I sold for a song way back when. GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

nykita_teen_cd
11-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Wow. Few of us are musos hey???

heres my list for those that wanna know

Ibanez 5-string Bass
Musicman 4-string Bass
Peavy Cab and Head

Stage Drum Kit - Remo skins, Zildjian Hats Ride Crash 2 x splash, Meinel China, Stagg Crash/ride/hats, Pearl Double kick pedal

Don't know if you can tell from my kit, but im a metal chick;)

Kimkandy
11-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I've played guitar since I was 14. I have a couple of strats, two Telecasters and an Epiphone Les paul.

I had to sell my Gibson Explorers as I needed the money... :(

Kim

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 01:41 PM
ahh the 80s, the time when MTV was at its peak, AC/DC had proved critics wrong with coming up from the ashes like a phoenix with Back In Black, Aerosmith was popular, hair metal was big, like the hairdos, and overall, it was a good time for rock music in general, and Back To The Future proved succesfull (you did see the movie, didn't you, if not, shame on you)

Kimkandy
11-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm big fan of Johnny Ramone, best rock guitar player. Hendrix made me want to play guitar in the first place, even tried playing left hand.

The New York Dolls used to be one of my favorite bands when they had Johnny Thunders. I have some pictures I took of him playing London Dingwalls and the Rock Garden.

The Dolls where the first cross dressing band... :devil:

Kim

NatalieBliss
11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I have a squire stratocastor, though to say I am a guitar player is a bit of an over statment...

Melanie W
11-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I've been playing in bands for 20 years. I have 1969 Fender Jazz and a Modulus Quantum 5.

amandak_tv
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Count me in. I've got 5 guitars in the room with me right now (counting my bass). Of course one is the obligatory Fender Strat (American Standard version from the early 90s). My acoustic collection includes a Martin DX1, a Yamaha A/E and a Fender 12-string.

I'm in two bands but something tells me neither group would accept me dressing the way I'd secretly like to. Maybe one year we'll play a show on halloween... a girl can dream can't she?

Billie Jean
11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
I have a Les Paul, a Telecaster and a Jonson flat top. I also have a Roland keyboard all of which I play in a band. The only time I play enfeme is at home alone as the guys in the band don't know about my Xdressing. I tend to play softer music when wearing my skirts. Billie Jean

Noel Chimes
11-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Can I bring my wildfire bass (aka Ghost) along with my silver 6 (aka Angel)? Got a cheeze Peavey Rage 158 amp, but I wish I still had my Fender 250, with Fender Perssion Bass (circa 1974). Both were stolen. However, when and where are we getting together? Count me in!!!!

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
actually, I guess if I was to finally get my "fem" voice right, that IF I was to try and sing like that, it'd probably sound better, seeing as my sister tells me I can't sing at all.

Sejd
11-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Does the saying"the one with the most toys win" count here?
I got a lot of music stuff surounding me in my studio, my newest addition is a Yamaha powermixer, I also have two guitars, a banjo, a violin, a flute, a clarinet, several frame drums and latin percusion congas, a chinese Erhu, and mouth organ, a persian Cetar, a Turkish Santoor and a rebek!!!!! did I mention the kazooo? LOL
Music, never leave home without it! Lets start jammin'
huggs
Sejd:tongueout

Dena
11-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I have a closet full of that stuff too!!

My main axe is a late 70's Boogie Bodies hardtail strat.
I also have what could be the world's heaviest late 60's 335.
A Guild Nightbird, a Guild acoustic, and an Epiphone Elite Broadway.

Sweet Susan
11-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I do play the guitar, and I have for over 40 years

nishababe
11-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I remember very well ''mick jagger'' of the stones singing while wearing a dress in an open air concert in london in the late 60s .He was also in a film called ''performance wearing womens clothes most of the time.
Many acters ,actresses ,pop stars ,musicians through the ages have been gay ,bisexual ,crossdressers etc .
It seems like artistic people are less conventional and just do what they wanna do and dont give a damn about what other people think .

tekla west
11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
BTW, even though I'm not much of a player, I am a union stagehand, a lighting and sound tech to all your favorite bands, and all the ones you don't like so much too. I will just sign on to be the tech dir.

P.S. I want my own bus! Pink please.

EricaCD
11-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Fantastic thread. Who would have thought it? Amateur guitar and bass player here. By "amateur", I mean lousy. But I certainly enjoy playing.

Current equipment for guitar is a circa 1998 Strat (USA) and a Mesa Boogie F-50. For bass, a circa 2002 P-bass (USA) and a Fender Bassman 100 (1x15 combo).

Erica

Scotty
11-10-2006, 01:49 PM
OK So the big question, had a G/F years ago who had to always cut her fingernails on her left hand to play.

Any of you play with fingernails? Mine are only like 1/8th of an inch - just enough to NOT be too femme.......but femme enough.

I can't play with fingernails (I can't play much anyway but that's beside the point)

Good thread!!

SherriePall
11-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I so wanted to join and post on this thread, but I don't play guitar. I did have a plastic one once. Could I be in the band with my harmonica. I can play the first dozen or so notes of "El Paso." You know that Marty Robbins' song. Well, actually, you wouldn't know if I played it.

Beth-GDB
11-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Just signing in to this thread. I have a couple of spares I could loan if anyone is short of gear. :happy:

Yamaha classical acoustic guitar.
Yamaha APX-5 acoustic guitar.
A beginner level Yamaha bass guitar with a Fender Bassman-30 amp.
A Samick strat clone with Roland GK-3 hexaphonic pickup which drives a Roland GR-50 guitar synth system into a Roland GP-16 multi-fx processor. The guitar tone from the strat goes to a Boss ME-30 multi-fx then to a Peavey Classic-15 valve amp.
Sitting just above my PC keyboard on my PC desk is a Korg Wavestation synth keyboard, and there's also a Boss DR-5 drum module.

At the moment I'm seriously considering buying a MOTU Ultralite recording/mixing interface and some shielded recording monitors.

Tracy_cd
11-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I have a couple strats (Mexistrat, American Deluxe), a couple acoustics (Taylor, Ovation), and a bass. I have been playing on and off for about ten years, but I am not really that great. I have jammed here and there, but never in front of anyone but the jammers and friends.

I too have to keep my left hand finger nails real short or I can't fret worth a darn. I used to do a bunch of practicing late at night in my garage dressed up (amp down low or using headphones). It was a blast, the way the strat would hug my "curves"... Bracelets and rings made playing feel different as well as having long hair. Very fun!!

I once saw the Lipstick Conspiracy play at the TG cotillion in San Mateo. They were awesome and I was sooo jealous...

I always thought that playing in a band would be a good excuse for getting ears pierced! I could use the excuse that "I had to do something to fit in"... But, I need to find a band first...

Tracy

tall_brianna
11-10-2006, 05:03 PM
OK So the big question, had a G/F years ago who had to always cut her fingernails on her left hand to play.

Any of you play with fingernails? Mine are only like 1/8th of an inch - just enough to NOT be too femme.......but femme enough.

I can't play with fingernails (I can't play much anyway but that's beside the point)

Good thread!!

ditto on the thread. I tried with nails, but I can't get the notes to sustain as well on my acoustic. This is about as long as I can grow them. I badly need a manicure.

Sexy_Jennifer
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
It's so fantastic that all us girls are musically inclined! I play many different styles of music but I'd like to ask if anyone else likes to play incredibly heavy music on guitar? There's something delicious for me about the dichotomy of playing the most brutal sort of doom/death/thrash metal whilst also looking very sweet and feminine! I guess I just love paradoxes...

kimberlund2004
11-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Girls, thank you! I am quite comfortable before tonight's show...black panties, black hose...under my drabs...onstage...such a turn on!

(I too, would love to list my guitar collection, but I'd be OUTED for sure!)

Wow...My suspicion was correct, there's a HUGE connection between the muse and other alternative expression.

My late father: "Rock'n roll is nuthin' but a bunch of queers"
Ummmm..."whatever, DAD"...Maybe that is what enabled me to get in touch with my other side, since, with my skinny ass, football was out of the question.

Kisses and Hugs,

Indeed, I am not alone.

jeri1973
11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I too play guitar. I have a Fender Elec/Acoustic, Ibanez Elec/Acoustic, 2 basses-1 4 string and 1 6 string, A Mandolin and a Strat knock off. I'd also love to play in front of people wearing a short leather mini and spiked high heel boots.

Julogden
11-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Scottie,

I try to let my nails grow a bit when I'm not playing much, but if a want to play as well as possible, the nails on my left hand get cut as short as I can safely get them.

Carol:hugs:

Sejd
11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi Scottie
Ys, the left hand short fingernails is me too, a custom which is never going away since I have played guitar since the age of 12 and I am now 55!!! (ssshhh) but I still keep my nails trimmed nicely, and my right hand probably has longer nails than most men are acustomed.

melissa michaels
11-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been a rock-n-roll drummer for about 40 years.also have a strong intrest in sound and lights productions.my equipment collection has gotten realy out of hand,but that time on stage makes it all worht while.

Angela E.
11-11-2006, 10:43 AM
This is so cool.I`ve always thought that there`s a link between my femeninity and my musicality.(I also think we tend to be more intelligent.)I play and listen to ALL kinds of music.Punk,60`s garage rock,pre-war blues and country,post-war blues,fusion,metal,50`s rock,40`s jump blues,ethnic music from the 20`s and 30`s,60`s surf,western swing, rockabilly,jazz,just to give a partial list.I have a 62 strat,fat strat,G&L F100 sreries two,humbucker equipped tele,Danelectro reissue(like Jimmy Page`s)Morell lap steel a bunch of acoustics and I also play keyboards and harp (harmonica) WHEW!!! I`d really like to hear more on this subject.Feel free to write.Love Angela E.:be: :doll: :bye:

Kimberley
11-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Two Godin's.
A Seagull cedar top acoustic and an LG with Seymour Duncans I had put in it. I had them take out the Godin humbuckers. I could have bought an LG with them installed but it had a longer scale and I wanted the shorter one. Yeah it screams when I want.

I also have a set of congas and a Yammie synth. Is there a connection between creativity and gender. Nahhh.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Daizy Chains
11-11-2006, 07:28 PM
It's so fantastic that all us girls are musically inclined! I play many different styles of music but I'd like to ask if anyone else likes to play incredibly heavy music on guitar? There's something delicious for me about the dichotomy of playing the most brutal sort of doom/death/thrash metal whilst also looking very sweet and feminine! I guess I just love paradoxes...
I love heavy rock to but listen to and play all sorts i wrote some of my best music enfemme

JennyBean
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
That's interesting, I'm an avid musician. I wonder if there is a connection to this artsy brain and cd'ing. Either way, I love both.

*muah*

Zoey
11-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I started learning how to play the guitar about a year ago. I have a Fender acoustic and recently bought an electric Daisy Rock Stardust Elite. I also have a portable keyboard and used to play the harmonica.

ErikaLeigh
11-12-2006, 09:29 AM
I have been playing bass for about 20 years now. I have an Ibanez 4 string, and a custom built 5 string as soon as its done. I would join an all CD band in a heartbeat, in fact its something I always wanted to do.

As far as playing with nails, I saw a band back in the 80s, I thing it was Fastway, and the chick playing bass had nails about 2 inches long and never missed a lick.... She was my hero from then on.

tekla west
11-12-2006, 11:33 AM
We laugh when these kids show up with half a music store in tow. What's up with that? I can see one electric, one acoustic, but beyond that? Given the effects racks that always seem to be next to them anyway.

Carlos Santana tours with two identical gutiars, and two identical very small Fender Amps. That's only to have a spare just in case. Jerry Garcia - who knew something about touring -used to tour with only one axe. His roadie, Steve Parrish, would sleep with it in the bed next to him so critical to the tour was that one instrument. If you can play, you can get the sound you want from any instrument. Joan Jett played the same axe all night long the other night. Jeff Beck, though he was dragging five with him, used only two the night I worked that show.

Some years ago in an interview Jerry was asked about the amount of custom equipment the Dead toured with, the interviewer was gushing about the possibility when Jerry said - in that high squeeky voice of his - "We don't have anything that we can't replace in Cleveland on a Sunday night."

DianeC
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Crossdressers have been playing guitars for years.... it's called Heavy Metal:heehee:

tightsgirl
11-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I have long noted from surfing the TG/CD sites, that OMG....so many of us girls are musicians and especially play guitar...(strats abound in pictures!)

A few years back I saw an all TG rock band in Seattle...I was SOOOOOOO
envious. Nothing hotter than wearing a short mini, tall heels, and slappin' your strat. I wish I could do that in public.

Do you think there is some connection to performing on stage, playing guitar(or whatever) in a band, and loving to dress? Something about having an "artsy brain" and voyouorism? (if TG/CD's are indeed voyour). Is there maybe a psychological profile connection?

Now everytime I visit a music store and see some skinny musician ripp'n in the sound room...I kinda wonder..."Dude, you play well...do you dress"?

I play guitar too, I always wanted to put a crossdressing band together like Gene Simmons says how far are you willing to go to make it will you wear a dress?

In my case no problem

Wire Road
11-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I started playing guitar at age 5, and drums at age 9. Drums are my main instrument, and have been for the past 14 years. I still play guitar a little... but I'm a much better drummer.

Ally
I want to see you use a bass drum pedal with those shoes in your avatar!

NarakuAulonocara
11-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Check l'arc en ciel and Malice mizer

they are Mainstream Japanese crossdresser bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSXZp1oRbS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seuoihBLaGA

I have also dressed and sing karaoke
I wish I played the guitar
someone teach me? ;)

sarah-smith
11-12-2006, 10:42 PM
no guitar player... although I want to give it a try!

but a Drummer... for the best part of 10 years! :D

Theresa(TGirl)
11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
no guitar player... although I want to give it a try!

but a Drummer... for the best part of 10 years! :D

Hey, drummers are the most neccesary part of any rock band.

soccervixen
11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
well, gurlz, sitting here in my matching white lacey bikini and camisole, I have a custom-made steel sring braced for fingerstyle guitar. I like bluegrass, Celtic, and "new acoustic" in the vein of Alex DeGrassi, etc. Also play mandolin, banjo, klap steel, and can lay down a passable bass line. Love acoustic music, had a lovely Larrivee classical for a while but had to sell it.

And my nails are now becoming much more feminine on my right hand while remaining short on my left. Using polish / hardener on my right hand, clear, but if you're looking, it sure looks different!

islandgirl
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Yahama Classical and Martin D18. I just wish I had the courage to play in public. That prospect is more frightning than being read in public!!
Kris

LisaMariaCD
11-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Add me to the list of musical CD's.

I don't claim to play very well...but do enjoy it.

Mexican Strat
Rickenbacker hollowbody bass, c1969
ovation 12 string
cheap drum machine
tascam 4 track cassette recorder