PDA

View Full Version : do you wear heels under man's clothes?

nicolv
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Do you wear heels when dressed in man's clothes?Do you thing people notice if the pants are long enough?I would like to wear my high heel boots when going for a walk with my wife but she thinks that people would notice and she doesn't feel comfortable.We went once to a store and a gay salesman noticed.(he liked my boots and asked where I bought them) this was the only and last time I went out with my wife in heels because she felt very embarased:sad:

suzy
11-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Are you talking about high heel shoes or square heeled boots? I think with long enough pants, high heeled boots would go vastly unnoticed.....but not high heel shoes... But, what the heck.. where's your sense of adventure? :eek:

nicolv
11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm talking about boots almost square in front with a thin heel

nicolv
11-09-2006, 12:27 PM
4" heel!

ophillia
11-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I've worn heels (shoes) up to 3" with jeans. Some people notice and others don't. If they don't like it, it's their problem.

BethCD
11-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Nicolv,
Check out this forum. You'll find many male heel wearers here. There's also a cd area. You might have to register, but it's now the same forum format as here.
Hope this helps.....
Beth :D

http://www.hhplace.org/home

Beth

http://www.hhplace.org/home

nicolv
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
thanks Bethcd!

Kimkandy
11-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Did it take you long to get used to wearing high heels?

kim:

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Actually, it might go off really well, in a concert video of AC/DC's, their bassist Cliff Williams has on heeled boots, and you never give it a second though, and even cowboy boots have a bit of a heel added.

Lisa Golightly
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't have 'man' clothes... lol... Mmmmmmm.... MAN clothes :)

Sorry, it tickled me... :)

sandra-leigh
11-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Do you wear heels when dressed in man's clothes?Do you thing people notice if the pants are long enough?

Yup, I've worn about 2" heels around the office, with just regular pants, without anyone noticing. Not boots, though: plain brown shoes, and there is NO gap before the heel (but the heel narrows a fair bit.)

I have also worn western-style boots around without anyone caring -- I think some people noticed from time to time (due to heel wobble or different heel sound), but no-one has seemed to care. I don't think I've worn them at work though, at least not when anyone else was around.

Jenn2716
11-09-2006, 08:16 PM
In the last month or so, I started to wear two different pairs of heeled boots to work with my jeans. The first pair had a thin heel, and made a noticable click when I walked. One woman at work asked me if I was wearing high heels, I chickened out and said "no, these are just some new boots I bought. Just trying to be different". I haven't worn them to work since.

The second pair are a lot more chunky. Almost like punk boots, with a buckle across the ankle. I've worn them 5 or 6 times now. Today (even though I didn't wear them today) I got the first comment about them. I was talking about a woman at work and how when I stand next to her I feel very tall. My male coworker said, "why? were you wearing the boots you had on the other day?". He said it in a kind of light hearted way, so I just said "yeah, they kick butt eh? Nothing more was made of it, so I feel totally comfortable with continuing to wear them. After I wear them for another month or two, I'll probably re-incorporate my other pair of heel boots back into my work wardrobe.

Lauren Richards
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I think some will notice if you wear them for a while. I certainly notice when a woman is in heels! Oh...that was the man in me (or was it the woman?). Oh, great! Now I'm confused!!

I actually wore a pair of heels around the office a short time the day before Halloween to show off them off to someone, and nobody gave me a second look. Of course, I only passed three people, and there was no wobble as I have had lots of practice; and I kept to the carpet.

Stephenie S
11-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, of course someone will notice. High heels? On a guy? Get real! Maybe not everyone will notice, but someone will.

The question is, will anyone care? Probably not. Wear what you want, when you want. I can't imagine wanting to wear heels all day. My feet would kill me. But if you want to, go for it. They will be covered by your pants most of the time anyway.

Steph

Rachel Morley
11-09-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a pair of 2" chunky heeled black women's ankle boots that I wear with my low rise book cut girl's jeans. I've never had a single person say a thing to me (yet) :D

Gabrielle
11-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I definitely got looks and laughs. However, One time, I could understand why, as they were fairly high heels.

The others, well lets just say that you could see them quite plainly.

The pointed toes would probably also be a dead giveaway.

I would like to try again someday, only with the boot covered more.

Adrienne Heels
11-09-2006, 09:55 PM
I have worn 2" heel black loafer-style shoes in guy mode with no problem.

hjt101
11-10-2006, 12:37 AM
I wore a pair of 4 inch blade heel boot around yesterday. I was looking for some earring, plus some new shoes. Noone mentioned anything, until I was in the shoe store. One assistant wanted to know what brand they were. I was trying on some heels, they shouldn't have been too surprised. Both stores were small and out of the way, so no alot of peopel could have seen me.

ellieparsons
11-10-2006, 07:26 AM
I have worn a pair of 3.75" heels under my male pants and no one has seem to notice or care.

J-Girl
11-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I've worn clogs and sneakers out. No one has noticed.

annekathleen
11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I have a pair of black boots with about a 4" heel and square toes.
I have jeans long enough to cover them when standing.
But what about when you sit down?
And the fact that you would be taller than usual?
Plus, I know I would definately walk different while wearing them.

Kimberly
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I wear my boots out under male jeans, and only a few people notice. Usually, I don't mind - but whenever I wear them, I seem to end up walking home in the dark on my own!! :(

It's not that bad, really - wear some long jeans, if you're worried? xx

kneehighs
11-10-2006, 10:35 PM
nicolv Sorry about your wife's embarrassment. :sad: What kind of boots were you wearing when that happened?

In my experiences and in order of importance, I've noticed that round toes draw less attention than pointy ones. Then thicker heels draw less attention than thinner ones.

Ultimately and in my experience, a non-chalant self confidence can usually outshine the stigma that mixing masculine and feminine causes.

Sierra Evon
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
As for me I dont hide the fact that when I go out I wear my Mary-Janes
but their not hi heel tho, I dont do the hi heel thing myself , but my
attitude is this I dont care let'em stare , but you know what about that
no one does anyway works for me .........adios :happy:

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Do you wear heels when dressed in man's clothes?Do you thing people notice if the pants are long enough?I would like to wear my high heel boots when going for a walk with my wife but she thinks that people would notice and she doesn't feel comfortable.We went once to a store and a gay salesman noticed.(he liked my boots and asked where I bought them) this was the only and last time I went out with my wife in heels because she felt very embarased:sad:

Your wife is correct. Don't be an idiot.

Ciel
11-21-2006, 10:41 AM
very noticable. listen to your wife. =)