PDA

View Full Version : Low Heels

Kimkandy
11-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I've noticed that most woman where low heels, pump, boots or trainers.

Do high heels stand out more? Or do you pass better as a woman in low/no heels?

Also are 3" wedges more stable than 3" high heels? If you do wear 3" or 4" heels how long did it take you to get used to them?

I like high heel boots, but I'm 5' 9" so low heels might be easier to wear and walk about in.

Kim

Brianne_bc
11-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I wouls have to say yes wedges are easier to walk in that stiletoes... IVe got a few pair of wedges that are really easy to walk in... Every shoe is different but i can usually tell what ones are going to be an easy walk.....

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know, I personally see a lot of flats, but you'd probably pass easier in flats than in heels, seeing as you're 5' 9", three inch heels would put you at 6",

How many women do you know/know of that are six feet tall? I personally don't, I think that by ''standards'' 5' 5" to 5' 7" is about average, and 5' 8" to 6' 0" is tall for a girl, but average for a guy.

Paula T
11-09-2006, 11:02 PM
more stable cause they are usually a little wider. I have a pair of cork wedges with a four inch heel and they are even quite comfotable. Bought them at target.:2c:

Kristen Marie
11-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I was looking at wedges today. Are some designs better than others? And do you have a favorite place to buy them?

Kimkandy
11-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I've got some party boots, need something easier for walking about and daytime wear...

Kim

Theresa(TGirl)
11-09-2006, 11:14 PM
well, flats, like i said, ive seen a lot of them on women.

Rachel Morley
11-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Do high heels stand out more? Or do you pass better as a woman in low/no heels?
I think it depends on where you are going and what you are doing. If you're going out en femme in daylight hours to say lunch on Sunday at your local salad bar type restaurant (Fresh Choice in the US) then low heels (1 or 2 inches) are best. However, if it's Saturday night and you're going out en femme to a club, bar or restaurant then it's ok to wear higher heels (3 inches) and it still looks natural.

Only really high heels (4 inches and above) tend to stand out more but even then, depending on the function (Fetish Ball?) you can still get away with it. :happy:

JeanneF
11-10-2006, 12:08 AM
It also depends on your age. Quite a few girls in their 20s and 30s wear 3" heels on a regular basis, and the 4" round toe platforms are really in as well. At the same time, you see a lot of flats and kitten heels as well, so go figure.

I would say the best bet is to observe GGs your age, and emulate their footwear. Personally, I don't find wedges anyeasier to walk in, but then I don't have problems with 4" heels either.

Susan.Boots
11-10-2006, 01:25 AM
If you like high heeled boots then wear them. Dress for yourself not what others wear.

Rachel M
11-10-2006, 07:16 AM
I believe many of us dress for the ocasion. So depending on what type of event you are doing will determine heel height. As CD's many want to sport the 4" stilletos but know it would draw way too much attention to ourselves if we are trying to just blend in or pass.
Rachel

nicolv
11-10-2006, 08:10 AM
it doesn't take long to get used walking in heels....you just have to try to be loose (not streched) when walking and try to do smaller steps and don't think you are wearing heels.All the rest comes natural and it's exciting!!

your boots look fantastic and they are easy to walk....!

Theresa(TGirl)
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah, it's best to observe (just not too freaky like) other women around your age to see what is common, and then go with that.

tracylin
11-10-2006, 02:09 PM
It took me 2 weeks walking in my house to get comfortable enough to walk in 3 in heels in public I have had commets from girls that i walk better then them

Tina Dixon
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
My favorite shoe or sandal I should say has a 3" heel, being 6'3" and putting them on even if I could pass I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb, the flats correct that problem a bit more and I can walk or even wear them a lot longer, but who am I kidding get me a heal any day.

Krystenw
11-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I have discovered that it depends on how much walking I need to do.
Yesterday when I went Mall hopping, I wore flat shoes and by the time I finished window shopping I was definately glad I did. Tonight when we went to dinner I wore 2" pumps. Was very comfortable but I didn't have to walk very far.
When you are as old as I am anything higher then 2 inches can be hazardous to your health.

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:28 AM
high heels accent the leg extremely. Low heels are worn by ggs cause it is more practical. Would you wear high heels every day if you didn't have to wear them? Probably not.

Sally24
11-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I am 6 foot and usually wear kitten heels or 1.5 inch heels.(as far as GG's go, I have a female relative who is taller and heavier than me) Going out to mainstream places in the daylight you want to blend at least a little.

If you're going outside much you definitly don't want high heels. They don't work on soft surfaces like dirt or grass and can get wedged into any grates or cracks in the sidewalk. Nothing like coming to a screeching halt when you've jammed your heel into the sidewalk!

Flats are comfortable but I don't find many that make me feel sexy. If I'm going for comfort I'll put on my pink sneakers.

And it's true that high heels make your legs and bum look better. They are great for going out in the evening or clubs. You better practice dancing at home for 1-2 hours and see if you can walk the next day. Do it in stages until your ankles and lower legs get used to the shoes. Also, just like any shoes, wear them some to break them in before you go out and wear them all day!

Have fun!

Sally