PDA

View Full Version : It's my life

Jammie Lyann
11-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Sence as far back as I can recall, I have always been picked on called things behind my back, :heehee: I even remember in 7th grade hearing kids ask if I was a girl or boy, ( I had long hair at that time. ) an now I still hear things behind my back an see how they look at as Im some sort of bug that needs to be squashed, ( a group of guys from work ).
So I have desided that I dont care anymore what others think about me,
no matter how hard I have tryed in the past to fit in, NO more, I'll walk how ever I like, talk however I want if my voice changes in mid stream so be it, its part of who I am an if they dont like it , well they can keep on talking behind my back, Because I like who I am an the only other person I have to answer to is my SO. an my childern of corse :D

That being said I deside to have the talk with my eldest son, went well,
told him that his mother an I would accept him for who he was an he had nothing to be ashamed of, an if he wanted anything all he had to do was let us know, ( short version of conversation ), so after all was said, he looks at me an says Dad I know :eek: ok so now Im out :heehee: alls well.

Not done yet desided to tell a good friend of mine ( of 10 + years, an my pool partner ) ok so after pool 2 sundays ago , went over to his place for some drinks ,he live in same trailor park as I,
anyhow we got to talking , not sure how conversation started, but I came out to him, he took it well, told me that my life is mine an I should live it however makes me happy, then shook my hand an gave me one of them Buddy Hugs to let me know all was good.

It is such a relief not only for myself but for my SO as well to finally have a friend that knows,

nishababe
11-10-2006, 01:51 AM
I think a lot of us have been in a simular cycle for most of our lives ,but we survive to become strong characters ,
Love Nishababe

noname
11-10-2006, 04:39 AM
I know what you mean about walk how you want to walk. My whole life I tend to cross at the knees. It's just the most comfortable way to sit. This last year I wanted to cross my leggs at church, and finally said screw it. I'm going to sit how I want to. It is very liberating.

Sandra
11-10-2006, 06:21 AM

It is such a relief not only for myself but for my SO as well to finally have a friend that knows,

This can be a big relief for both people. I felt a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders when we told friends about Nigella.

Lawren
11-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Been there, done that, got my ticket stamped.

People are just too good at seeing things they don't like about other people and then exploiting them. If they dislike you for any reason they will talk behind your back. If they are with their frineds, they will talk louder so you can hear. I made my descision to not listen nor care about what they say some thirty years ago. In effect, crossdressing just gives them something else to talk about. So be it.

Paula Thomas
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Noname - If anybody complains about how you cross your legs (e.g., at church), you could always tell them that you got tired of hitting the people next to you with your shoe (on one side) and your knee (on the other side), and crossing your legs like "this" takes up less sideways space.

Amy Hepker
11-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I think it is easier to come out to an old friend than to a relative.

Joy Carter
11-11-2006, 08:19 PM
"Let's Give Em Something To Talk About" :hugs:

Maureen Henley
11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Joke 'en if they can't take a f#%&!

TeriAnn
11-12-2006, 01:29 PM
:thumbsup: Here, here! Be who you are and not what others want you to be.

This is my motto also if people don't like what we do then they need to look the other way. I have been backstabbed by more "friends" than I can count. If they find out and don't like it oh well. You have to live the life u want not for somebody else.

AmberTG
11-12-2006, 01:38 PM
If it wasn't for my fundamentalist father-in-law, I think everyone would know about me, but after his occasional comments, I know he would make mine and my wife's lives a living hell, so out of respect for her, I don't say anything. I'd rather be out, it'd be so much easier for me. I've almost told her mom several times. (her parents have been divorced for many years) I know that it would get around if I did, so I don't.

Di
11-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Good for you......and Happy you have a friend that knows...:hugs: