PDA

View Full Version : Woman Within?

Dawn D.
11-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I Just recieved my newest Lane Bryant catologue last evening and I noticed on the front page it says they are now changing their name to "Woman Within". Could it be that they are leading the way to the threshold of an emerging market directly focused upon us? Or am I being overly optimistic and reading too much into this name change?

Dawn

Darlene Rochelle
11-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I like the name change myself,it definately fits the TG community.

Gisele
11-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Has anyone called their HQ? I would love to hear it from them "IF" that is why they are doing the name change.

DeeInGeorgia
11-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Women Within has been something Lane Bryant Catalog has had for awhile. Quite possibly, they are doing this to remove the confusion with "Lane Bryant" stores which are owned by another company not related to Lane Bryant Catalog anymore. Particularly since Lane Bryant Stores have upped their On-Line Sales.

Dee

Karren H
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm. Could be but I doubt it!! But then again Kohl's has their Transformation Station!! "Times they are a changing". I hope!! :)

Love Karren

Margie
11-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I too Dawn thought the very same thing! If only!!! I actually goes goose bumps when I read it. My wife wondered why the big smile too, while I was reading it.

Margie

Casey Morgan
11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Or am I being overly optimistic and reading too much into this name change?

Yes. As Dee said the Redcats lines use Woman Within as more of a selection or line of clothing. (Actually, I've noticed it more at Roamans than Lane Bryant but there you go.) The name is reflective of expressing your inner beauty. It doesn't really have anything to do with the Transgender community. It should separate the two Lane Bryants nicely, also as mentioned above.

melissaabom
11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi

Sorry ..it's a product line "Woman Within .

hey it was nice positive thought !!

Melissa

hugs:2c:

Gisele
11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh well, it was the thought of it that go my hopes up for us. Maybe later something will happen for us.

Robertacd
11-10-2006, 02:52 PM
The Lane Bryant® Catalog Story

Lane Bryant® Catalog Weve Got It! Comfort, Fit and Value for Sizes 12W - 44W

In business since 1901, Lane Bryant brand has become the acknowledged industry leader in women's special-size apparel. (Lane Bryant® Catalog is not affiliated with Lane Bryant retail stores.) We offer a complete wardrobe, including shoes and intimate apparel in a wide range of styles, colors and sizes -- all at value prices. We're proud of our sister and brother catalogs, also industry leaders: Roaman's®, Jessica London®, KingSize®, Chadwick's®, MetroStyle™, La Redoute®, BrylaneHome® and BrylaneHome Kitchen®.

Dawn D.
11-10-2006, 05:01 PM
I was thinking that since their stores are quite CD friendly (according to post's I've read here), they may be trying to market to us subliminally. I kind of like the thought, he he!

Dawn

Kimberly
11-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Primark underwear is designed/labelled as "Secret Possessions".

Oh the irony..... :D

Phyliss
11-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Robertacd, posts " (Lane Bryant® Catalog is not affiliated with Lane Bryant retail stores.) "

One thing to remember is that when you order from the catalog. the NOT affiliated people are more than happy to have you use your Lane Bryant charge card.
The last two orders I called in were a bit of a surprise.
"Thank you for calling Lane bryant catalog, my name is -------
"Hello my name is P---- R-----'
"Hello Mr. R------" five second pause" Is your address still, 3--- C------ in R-----, NH, zip=====?"
"yes"
"What you like to order?"
Go through the list. They give me the total and ask for the catalog numer I have. The number in the blue box on the address label.
No need to give out my Lane Bryant charge card number. They already have it on file at the NOT affiliated store.