PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a ponytail.

trannie T
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I wear my hair in a ponytail. I've noticed that most men with ponytails tie them way down near the neck while most women tie theirs near the back of the head. Mine gets tied somewhere in between, unless I deliberately go for the 'girl style.'

If you have a ponytail where do you tie yours?

Lisa Golightly
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Only when it's hot and tied higher up.

Sandra
11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes I have a ponytail and it is tied up high can't stand it in the nape of my neck.

Holly
11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't even have a pony :cry: .

Glenda58
11-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't even have hair:eek:

Joy Carter
11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
1970 and 71 I had a "Tom Jones". My hair was down to my shoulders and I loved to sleep on it. What I'd give to have hair again.:o

suzy
11-10-2006, 05:48 PM
I wear my hair the same way I did when I was a mere child.....way way too short....but I like it that way! Besides....what would I do with all my wigs if I grew long hair?:eek:

MJ
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
hi i have my ponytail up high

ShannonDragon
11-10-2006, 06:01 PM
For where I work at.... its low!:eek:

:tongueout

hotbobbie
11-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I wear mine high.

Maggie Kay
11-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I wear mine high through the strap in a billed cap. It is my way of being femme yet not so obvious that it gets attention. Plus the wife thinks it is cool so that is a big plus.

Kay

Wendy me
11-10-2006, 06:38 PM
lets see my hair is in a pony tail most of the time .... up high or in the middle and sometimes i can have 5 or 6 scrunches in it depends on my mood....

Kimberly
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I wear a pony tail most of the time en drab.

I'll wear it higher when en femme, or down, or in bunches or plait. xx

Charity's GG
11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Up high or better yet??...in a clippy:D

Enjoy your evening:love:

Bobbie cd
11-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I usually keep mine around the nape of the neck when at work or other venues where it would not be appropriate otherwise, but at home or whenever else possible, I wear it up higher, either at the back of the head or even higher if I feel like pushing the envelope! :D

Kandi
11-10-2006, 10:41 PM
no ponytail for 10 years, miss it though

Karren H
11-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I used to wear a pony tail in college....many many many years ago!! Also used to wear pig tails a lot! And once in a while a pony tail sticking straight up from the top of my head!!!! Kids!!!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Sierra Evon
11-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I know what you mean , about how wemen wear thiers hi-up , well thats
how I wear mine too hi, but its growing very slowly I will never cut mine
been growing now for almost 2yrs. hoping to grow it to my waist by the
time Im 100 LOL.......I'm also taking these super hairgrow vitamins I got
at a GNC store at the mall called Super Biotin , the gal at the store told
me alot of women buy that and many sware that it works , so that sales
pitch sold me on a bottle 13.99$ supply of 60, I think its working too
but I'll get back to you on that later.............Sierra

thea
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Much like Kimberly, mine varies. High sometimes, low (especially if I'm wearing a hat so it doesn't get in the way), braid, free and flowing brushed straight back, or fluffed and brushed for fullest body.

ColleenCD
11-10-2006, 11:33 PM
My work requires the clean look. No pony tail. :(

Hey Karren, since you play hockey, did you ever have a Mullet? (kidding!):D

Colleen

tall_brianna
11-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Not that is mine, anymore. When I had long hair I wore it constantly in a pony tail, pretty low. But sometimes.... Once I got ribbed a little by several friends because without thinking, I tied it up and fed it through the back opening in a baseball cap! Damn it! :lol: Note to self, never did that again. :)

GG Vanya
11-10-2006, 11:47 PM
No pony tail for me! For 18 years I was forced, due to religious constraints to never put a pair of scissors on my hair. I got so sick of long straight hair.:thumbsdn:

So once I kicked the traces and jumped the fence on organized religion I have never had my hair longer than just barely brushing my shoulders.

Trudi has naturally curly hair. Her job requires that she maintain the "GQ look" but I know in her early twenties she had a pony tail. :heehee: I've seen the pictures. She wore it low on the nape of her neck, and ooooh la la she was cute! :D

Jenna1561
11-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Middle, sometimes high, rarely low.

Jenna

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:14 AM
I don't have any hair.

kerrianna
11-11-2006, 04:06 AM
:rolleyes: I used to have such long beautiful hair and wore a ponytail when I needed to, usually tied about halfway. Even though I've kept my hair shorter for the past decade, it was still close to shoulder length.
But I had to take after my grampa and start balding on top, so lately I finally gave in and cut it short so it doesn't look like I'm in denial. :(

However, I did get my hairdresser to keep a small strand long, so now I have something I call my 'tail' which is pretty cute. Now it looks like I'm a 48 year old trying to pretend he's 16. :loser: I don't care. At least I still have a few long hairs.

I haven't got a wig yet, but sometime soon Kerrianna will have more hair to play with :happy:

Charleen
11-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Yep. Keep the mop's in a 'tail most of the time. Low as Charlie at work, high as Lily otherwise. I love taking it down at night and brushing it before I go to bed. Love and xxxx, Lily

DebbieThomas
11-11-2006, 07:57 AM
mid back length, always mid to high ponytails. dont think Ive had anyone say anything, not even about the bright yellow or pink scrunches. I get more crap about dyeing my hair. get the "guy's dont dye thier hair" line. screw that light brown is boring beside Debra look better with black hair.

Huggs
Debra T
www.xdresser.net/debrathomas
added 18 new pics from this past weekend. theres afew of me in a two piece. please NO laughing :tongueout

judyk
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I started wearing a pony tail at work about 6 months ago, the only comet I got was "kind of retro" but now that the fall/winter is here I also wear form's and bra all the time.

No one has said any thing so far but, i'm ready for them, you see I told my doctor that that wearing a bra seemed to help, because of my bad back.

He told me if I't help;s wear it

My hair is down passed my shoulders now and I have be come used to it getting caught in every thing.

But I'm still going to cross dress, as I have too.

This reminds me of a fable.

This Sorption want's to cross the river and asked the Fox if he could ride on his back, the Fox said no you will sting me and i will die.
The Sorption said "if I did that we would both die".
How would this help either one ove us, ?

So the Sorption got on the Fox's back and he being to cross the river.
Half way there the Scorpion sting him, the Fox said Y did you do that, now we will both die.

The Scorpion responded " it's my nature.

Well I believe that cross dressing is also in my nature.

Hug's

Judy K

Maureen Henley
11-11-2006, 10:32 AM
My ponytail moves about. When I'm en femme, or if I'm wearing a cap or hard hat, it's up to go through the strap or suspension liner. If I'm going to be on the motorcycle, I tie it off at the nape of my neck, since my helmet (size 2XL) won't fit over the extra lump on the upper back of my head.

My real problem is with a braid. Again, because of the helmet, the braid has to start low, and so a lot of the shorter hairs splay out all over the place, especially when I drag the helmet off. Or, as a GG friend said years ago, her hair stylists are named Shoei, Bell and Arai.

So far as feeling the wind in my hair goes, I wear a helmet because I have something to protect!

Jessicainme
11-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I would love to have enough hair to have a ponytail...

ebony
11-11-2006, 10:40 PM
My hair is mostly down or in braids not really your ponytail girl.

Courtney A Anderson
11-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes, I have a ponytail, most days it's low, high when it's hot, but not at all in girlly mode.

Scotty
11-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Growing up I had hair that was always long and I never once, ever wore a pony tail.

I tried one a couple years ago when I let it grow again, but I liked it tied up higher like a womans. So that's the answer I suppose!

And I will do that again in a few months, especially by next summer!
I've only got two inches of hair in the back that I can grasp but by then it'll be long enough......

Dang I found the pic!!
This was at 16 :D

Theresa(TGirl)
11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Growing up I had hair that was always long and I never once, ever wore a pony tail.

I tried one a couple years ago when I let it grow again, but I liked it tied up higher like a womans. So that's the answer I suppose!

And I will do that again in a few months, especially by next summer!
I've only got two inches of hair in the back that I can grasp but by then it'll be long enough......

Dang I found the pic!!
This was at 16 :D

reminds me of how my hair is. and my mom can't stand it and wants me to get a cut.

KarenSusan
11-12-2006, 03:07 AM
I would love to have enough hair to have a ponytail...

:yt:

Billiesmith
11-12-2006, 03:45 AM
My hair was half way down my my backI got it cut:sad: do not know why.
But I don't think I will do that again. Now it is just past my sholders and I just started putting color in it, Nutrisse chocolate cherry.
I just love red heads:p
Billie
xoxoxo

terrinoble
11-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I had my last haircut three years ago, having had my hair cut short for decades (the same barber I had while in high school!)... I got sick of wigs and decided to let it grow regardless of what anyone thought. Its real color is black; I colored it brown, then auburn. It is as long as you see it in my avatar.
Going to work in butch mode, I tie it in a ponytail. It is tied close to, but not at, the nape of my neck.

There was a visitor to our office, very much male (and bearded) - and his hair was tied in a small bun!

ErikaLeigh
11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I tie mine down low in drab, and no ponytail when dressed. My hair is now all one length and about the middle of my back.

SusanTL
11-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi all.

I have long hair and I also wear it in a pony tail somtimes. When I do it is tied high.

Hugs Susan

tekla west
11-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I had one untill last year when I cut it all off and gave to locks of love. I tended to wear it high.

Tracy Lynn
11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't even have hair:eek:

Same here, I keep my head shaved. When I take my wig off when dressed my wife said I look like Susan Powter, that weight loss lady.

Janet Marie
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I tie mine low when out most of the time, but at home, I tie it higher and when it is hot out, often put it in a bun on top. And it is always at least warm here in Florida.

Angela E.
11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I know what you mean , about how wemen wear thiers hi-up , well thats
how I wear mine too hi, but its growing very slowly I will never cut mine
been growing now for almost 2yrs. hoping to grow it to my waist by the
time Im 100 LOL.......I'm also taking these super hairgrow vitamins I got
at a GNC store at the mall called Super Biotin , the gal at the store told
me alot of women buy that and many sware that it works , so that sales
pitch sold me on a bottle 13.99$ supply of 60, I think its working too
but I'll get back to you on that later.............Sierra

I had a beautiful long ponytail untill recently(and yes I wore it up).My hair is still at a nice feminine length,just wanted to try something new.Thanks for the info on Super Biotin,I`ll have to give it a try.Well girls thats my:2c: bye for now.:hugs: Angela E.:doll:

Lawren
11-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I wear my hair in a ponytail quite often. Where I tie it up depends on what I will be doing. Sometimes when I want to dress to the nines I have Kerry braid it for me.