PDA

View Full Version : do find yourself complimenting women on nails and all things feminine

DeniseNJ
11-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I guess it is just the woman in me but when I see a girl with a great manicure or set of nails , I have to tell them on how nice they look. the other day I was in WaWa getting a cup of coffee and this woman comes in with the cutest peek a boo toe heels, a burgandy with natural 4" wood heel. She has a beautiful pedicure polished red with some airbrush design.. I could help myself and told her how hot her heels were. Little did she know that I was so enveous. I find that it is so easy to compliment women because I so enjoy all things feminine. Do real MEN do this or is it my Feminine side being jealous at the other girl :heehee: WOW I want a pair of peek a boo heels and a great pedicure now> I have a light pink pearl on my toes now and I feel so :thumbsup: good

RachelDenise
11-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I was on a plane today and in the seat in front of me was a woman who had an exquisite french manicure with square tips and lovely blonde hair color. I just wanted to say something but it wasn't appropriate (in my mind anyway).

sophie69
11-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I am always doing it, especially with the girls at work.... they think im odd (in a good way) cos i notice things that most men dont... lol... if only they knew the truth! soph

NewShy21NJmtf
11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
very often. has gotten me in interesting situations, when they wonder why i know so much more about it than other "guys"

Adrienne Heels
11-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I have ben complementing a lot of women on their shoes or their look lately..and they are so appreciative!

suzy
11-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Usually I feel too self conscious to compliment women on their appearance, but I can agree that I have noticed much more often since I've been dressing than before...:love:

racquel
11-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I never pass up an opportunity to express myself on a lovely outfit or nice nails.Most women appreciate the fact you noticed and very seldom seem to be 'suspicious' as to why you notice.:heehee:

Megan_Girl
11-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Took a GG friend / co-worker to lunch today and oh my gawd....

She's about my size and body type and I was so distracted by her french tip nails, brocade shrug/sweater, jeans, shoes, make up, hair style, etc.... I really had to keep my mind focused on our conversation.

I kept thinking ..... "if I could only look like her..."

Leslie Foxx
11-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Compliments cost you absolutely nothing to give, and have an enormous payoff to the recipient. It's a kind of Pay it Forward thing.

The first time I received compliments, while en femme, from a gg are still echoing within.

Be liberal with compliments. What goes around...

SherriePall
11-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Denise -- I'm a REAL MAN (that's my best deep voice) and I have complimented women on their hair styles. You just have to be really sure that they did something with their hair.

Jodie_Lynn
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
being an very observant person, I constantly catch myself before i open my big fat yap.

But I do say things when I see a woman who has a killer ensemble, or nice nails.

In fact, I think I may have 'blown' my cover at work because of some of my comments.....

Nikki A.
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Maybe we're more observent, but, yes I find myself complementing when I see something nice. It is always appreciated never taken wrongly.

Kate Simmons
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
......do anything they want Hon because they are not afraid to be themselves unlike the "macho" types who are total idiots. I guarantee that when you compliment a gal in an honest way, you are "in like Flynt". No doubt in my mind whatsoever.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Lanore
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Compliments are so easy to give out. I'm always complimenting women on their nails, the way they smell or just how nice they look. I believe it's my feminine side. It just seems so natural.

Lanore

Chiana
11-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I think it is very uncommon for a "macho" guy to compliment a girl on her nails, hair, clothing, etc. However, I find myself complimenting woman on their nails (ususally) or weight loss or hairstyle or dress/blouse fairly often. Perhaps, because I wish I had a lovely set of french nails like that or hair like hers, etc.....

Sedona
11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
It's such a touch and go situtaion isn't it, commenting on a strange woman's clothes, makeup, whatever.

A couple of weeks during a job, I was in contact with a woman who had a really intoxicating scent. I didn't find her attractive physically, but did like the way she smelled. I couldn't resist, and said something like, "I hope you don't mind me asking, what kind of perfume do you have on, I think it smells great." She blushed, seemed very happy at the compliment and said, "that's so nice of you, it's one of the Victoria Secret lotions." It wasn't weird at all, and I didn't hang around afterward, so she didn't get the wrong impression.

On shoes, clothes and such, or even nails, I'll just say something like, "those nails/dress/shoes look nice," and leave it at that. I'm not in the market at all, but figure that it's always nice to get a nice compliment from someone unfamiliar, as I've always liked the same.

And, as far as the REAL man thing, yep, I've always been told I'm that, whatever that is.

fiona_libby
11-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi
Yes I have complimented some of the GG's I know on a new hair style, hair colour, dress or nails but after saying it, I do think to myself whether or not it would seem strange to the person I am talking to, to hear the comment come from me.
I might be paranoid but I always think people will realise that i am hoping to be feminine all the time and that I am expressing those emotions to them through my comments or maybe they think absolutely nothing is out of the ordinary when I make the comments and I am just over analysing my life.

Hugs :hugs:

Fiona

Eileen
11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Yes giving a compliment is so easy and makes you both feel so good. A girl knows how it makes her feel to receive a compliment and should never pass up the opportunitey to give one to another girl.

Eileen

ellieparsons
11-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I've complimented some of the women at my work, for their outfits and one womens nails, she gets them done every other week. She's put polish on my nails before for me.

DeniseNJ
11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Good thoughts , I feels the same way Fiona , sometimes I just can't help
myself. I told this girl I knew that she had a nice pair of Mules and that they looked great. She inturn asked me How did I know there called Mules??{ With a curious LOOK on her face} I responded, :eek: I saw them in the Romans catolog that the wife leaves lying around!!!

Jere Oneil
11-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I was on a plane today and in the seat in front of me was a woman who had an exquisite french manicure with square tips and lovely blonde hair color. I just wanted to say something but it wasn't appropriate (in my mind anyway).

It might be a good thing uou didn't. At the plant where I worked before retiring, we had a supervisor get in trouble because he told a female employee, "You look especially nice today"

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:26 AM
I am always complimenting women on what they wear. I get a kick out of telling them that I would love to have worn that first. They just get this weird look and say, "oh, well, okay, yeah, sure."

Angela E.
11-11-2006, 10:07 AM
:iagree: :iagree:
Yes giving a compliment is so easy and makes you both feel so good. A girl knows how it makes her feel to receive a compliment and should never pass up the opportunitey to give one to another girl.

Eileen

I honestly couldn`t have put this any better myself.The girls at work consider me one of them and i wouldn`t want it any other way!:heehee: :be: AngelaE.

Patty
11-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes I love to give a girl a compliment on earrings, clothing or shoes or whatever. Most times they are surprised and happy. Love being not afraid to tell them so.

Scotty
11-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes, both sides of me do it, especially short haired women - always pay them compliments on their hair!!

Theresa(TGirl)
11-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Well this one time at school this girl had straightened her hair, and I kind of blurted to her that her hair looked nice, and then this other girl asked if I was a girl at heart cause she said guys don't really (seem to) notice that type of stuff.

;)

Brianne_bc
11-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I do this also.... I think its nice to tell women that you apreciate the time they have taken to do something.... I remember once I saw a lady and it was obviouslthat she had on some brand new wedge maryjanes.. and I told her how cute her shoe were and how nice they made her look. I really think I made her day.... so out of the exchange two people felt good inside... I guess also I like to compliment women when they do girly things to themselves cause I feel that far too few women take pride in being girly anymore....

Joy Carter
11-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I guess it is just the woman in me but when I see a girl with a great manicure or set of nails , I have to tell them on how nice they look. the other day I was in WaWa getting a cup of coffee and this woman comes in with the cutest peek a boo toe heels, a burgandy with natural 4" wood heel. She has a beautiful pedicure polished red with some airbrush design.. I could help myself and told her how hot her heels were. Little did she know that I was so enveous. I find that it is so easy to compliment women because I so enjoy all things feminine. Do real MEN do this or is it my Feminine side being jealous at the other girl :heehee: WOW I want a pair of peek a boo heels and a great pedicure now> I have a light pink pearl on my toes now and I feel so :thumbsup: good

In my view your outting yourself Hun.:rolleyes:

womenmagic35
11-11-2006, 01:26 PM
i love french manicures and pedicures wow im always commenting. i wish i could look that good thats what i say to myself wow > jealous michelle

soccervixen
11-11-2006, 01:35 PM
yes, I have been complimenting girls on their nails for a while, now I am commenting on their shoes as well. I better watch out - their husbands might want to pound me!

Rachel Morley
11-11-2006, 01:47 PM
There have been quite a few times where I have been at the checkout (or wherever) and I've said to the woman "I love your nails" or "I like your top". But depending on how you say it, I would think you could out yourself quite easily. For example, I've never said "that's a cute top" by using the word "cute" I think that maybe I'd be giving the game away. :o

Courtney A Anderson
11-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I didn't give out to many compliments on womens looks, It wasn't real mannly.
But after a recent outing, and having my own nails done at a salon, That I
got so many great coments on my own nails, and looks. Now I never pass up
a chance to give out compliments because I know how they make you feel.

Michelia
11-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I do compliment women specially when they are girly and I really like what they are wearing. Sometimes if they really enjoy the compliment and appreciate that I notice, I will tell them that it is refreshing to see a lady in heels, or in a nice dress, at is getting so rare these days. I find this makes their day. I feel good about it too.

But I never thought I might be using the word 'cute' too much.

Thanks, Angel.

Michelia

Charolette time
11-13-2006, 08:40 AM

In the past year I"ve let my nails grow longer that normal, always had a bad habit of biting on them, Now I find my self when a ladie has nice nails I will complement her and then show her mine, most times I get like compliments and how nice they look, I use clear shine most of the time, once in a while I use a coral color, I have small hands too start with so they dont look out of place, the SO gets upset about them being long but I kind of fluff it off, tell her its for scratching my back:heehee: , then she drops it, I belive its just good manners to say how nice a ladie looks, and who knows she just might end up giving you a compliment in exchange, Love Charolette

ReginaK
11-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Depends on how well I know them. I compliment the women at work on their hair, nails, clothes all the time.

Outside of there i'm a bit more concsious.

FOCD
11-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Nice of you to notice that woman in WaWa you probably made her day she wlked out of WaWa thinking what a nice "man" you were for noticing

Kristen Marie
11-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I was in E.J. Wright buying a red satin blouse (hard to hide at the register) and a new bra and pantie set. I was dressed in drab and there was no one in the line when I entered. As the cashier was ringing up my purchase, a middle aged, somewhat large woman got in line behind me. I tried to avoid being nervous, but she was eyeing my red blouse, size 22/24, which was now spread out and being folded.

I looked at what she was buying, and said to her nicely, that's a cute dress. She said, thank you, and replied, I like your blouse as well. I smiled and said thank you. It's one time when complimenting an unknown person worked quite well to make an embarassing situation a little fun.