PDA

View Full Version : Getting a makeover

Shannon CD
11-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I contacted a local Mary Kaye consultant in the area and she sounded very excited to help me. We have an appointment set for tomorrow afternoon to do a makeover where she'll help me figure out colors and show me about skin treatments.

Afterwards I am going to a Tri-ess meeting. I hope the makeover is a success. I'll let you all know afterwards.

ColleenCD
11-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Shannon, I hope you have fun. Having a makeover is like a fantasy come true. SOO much fun!

Colleen

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:23 AM
I can't wait to hear what you find out. I'd love to have a mary kay gal come over and do a make-over on me.

Jenny Beth
11-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I can guarantee you are going to have a wonderful experience, having a woman do your makeup is a pleasure beyond words. A bit of advice though, make sure you buy some of her products and tip her well.

Andrea's Lynne
11-11-2006, 10:40 AM
We'll be waiting for your full report!

Have fun:D !

Stephenie S
11-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Dear Shannon,

Just remember, dear, that she is in business. She will expect you to buy some of her products.

It will be very valuable to you to establish a good relationship with your MK rep. She will be a font of knowledge and resource for you. She will know other resources in the community such as CD friendly wig dealers, and for sure, she probably knows other CDers in your area.

MK has more than just makeup. I bought a nice magnifying mirror, and she will have good quality equipment such as eyelash curlers and such.

Have a wonderful time sweety,

Steph

trannie T
11-11-2006, 04:52 PM
You may even become a rep. You'd look good driving a pink Mary K Cadillac.

Joanie
11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Shannon,
Interested in hearing how it went...I have had makeovers before, all by Merle Norman, but imagine that would be nice to have a Mary Kay or Avon rep. visit you at home. Hope you had fun!!!

Joanie

Shannon CD
11-11-2006, 07:37 PM
She's supposed to be here any minute and I went and cut myself shaving. Isn't that the luck? Oh, well, maybe she has something to stop the bleeding...NOT.

I'll update afterwards.

Daphne Renee
11-11-2006, 09:56 PM
sounds great.. would love to have a makeover. maybe I will be able to sometime.

MJ
11-11-2006, 10:11 PM
hi there
a makeover is so much fun. and enjoy your meeting ... hugs

Shannon CD
11-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Well all, I just got back from my meeting.

First of all, let me tell everyone that the MK consultant was very friendly and made sure she treated me like any other woman she would be consulting. She started me off with a bit of a fascial, including exfoliant, and had me dab on different moisturizers and creams to help smooth wrinkles around the eyes. Then she picked a concealor (which helped, but the beard shadow was still slightly visible). Then a base. She had me pick out a color scheme and design from 4 different cards that gave step by step instructions on which eye shadow to use where and had the rouge and lipstick colors included. It was a great experience that had me ordering my own custom compact with eye shadows, rouge, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara, and base....whew.

Then off to Burbank (a 1 hour drive) where I found the address I was looking for but was not sure if I was in the right place, since I did not see any other CDs walking through the parking lot. So I called the establishment while in the parking lot. The girl who answered the phone was very friendly and verified that the meeting was, indeed, being held there. She told me where to find them and I sucked it up and got out of my car. As soon as I walked in I looked to my right and noticed several CDs sitting at tables waiting for the meeting to get started. I asked if I was in the right place and was told yes (I was actually just trying to be funny, as I doubt that there would be 2 CD events happening at the same time, but I guess it was only funny to me :heehee: )

The evening was very pleasnat. Good company, good food, and guest speakers (husband and wife) who have their own laser hair removal business. Very informative. One of the members brought his daughter. During a conversation after the meeting we all talked and she turned out to be highly intelligent. I suggested she check out this forum as she would bring a unique perspective to the group having been raised by a crossdresser. Hopefully she'll drop in.

Well, this post is getting rather lengthy and I am a bit sleepy. I'll try to elaborate if anyone wants to know more.

TTFN.

Joanie
11-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for keeping us updated!