PDA

View Full Version : Want to order stuff on line

roddell47
11-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Would like to order things on line , but afraid who may get pagage first. Any susgestions?

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:06 AM
What the hell is pagage?

Sejd
11-11-2006, 02:57 AM
Two things you need to know about ordering things on line. One: you pay more than normal retail, two: most likely it wont fit, or be up to your expectations. If you can get away with it, buddy up with a girlfriend and go shopping locally. My best advice - sorry
huggs
Sejd

~Bobbie~
11-11-2006, 02:59 AM
i have bought alot of clothing, shoes and some "other" things on-line, my suggestion, get yourself a po box at the local post office, there only about $40 per year, i have had mine for almost 10+ years now, and when you order stuff on-line just give them your po box. i have noticed that most of the stuff i have bought, the more adult stuff, comes in plane brown packaging. very personial. i have been very happy with the deliveries i have received so far. hope this helps.

roddell47
11-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Meant package. You girls are great.Thanks again Sweet Susan,Sejd, Bobbie.

LaurenS.
11-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I live in a small town and we already have a PO Box so I got one at Mail Box Etc. in the next town over. It works great! I get all my orders and CD mail etc. there.

Lauren

Emma England
11-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Most packages arrive in plain wrapping.

Kristen_1
11-11-2006, 09:22 AM
A PO box makes the most sense, but for added safety obtain one in a neighboring town,

Sedona
11-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Just order your significant other something as well. Tell him/her you're expecting a package from X and don't open it, as it contains a gift. You'll get your items, some holiday shopping done, and have home delivery.

And, I find that online saves me a lot of money, but you have to be a bulldog about hunting for sales.

Stephenie S
11-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Shipping and handeling charges can add quite a bit to the cost of online shopping. But if you stick with the major brands you will have no trouble returning things that don't fit or you don't like. And, of course, the privacy is great.

Do others normaly open your mail? How impolite is that!! If this is true, just get a PO box. One thing to remember, though, is that UPS will not deliver to a PO box. You will have to go to the UPS place to pick it up. If the company you are ordering from will ship via parcel post, no problem.

I order a lot from catalogs. They carry a MUCH better range of larger sizes than do most retail stores. For instance, you won't find much at JC Penny in size 18, but almost all the styles in the catalog are available in 18. This is true for most major brand catalogs.

Have fun, and stop worrying. It's not quite as good as doing it in person, and it takes MUCH longer, but there is nothing to worry about.

Lovies,
Steph

AprilMae
11-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I love online shopping. I don't have time to run around from store to store anymore. A little hunting can get you some great prices, a lot of times there will be free shipping. I buy a lot from Kohl's, JCPenney, Hanes, Avon, Lane Bryant, Amerimark and ShopNational. They all ship quickly, and if you want to pay for it can usually get it to you next day or so. If you need a mailbox, I suggest The UPS Store if one is near you. You get an actual street address instead of a PO Box. As someone said above , anyone opening mail not addressed to them is wrong, and illegal in fact.

Lisa Marie
11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I have a P.O. Box it only cost's me $25.00 every year to renew it. I mostly prefer to order stuff online. I worry alot when I go shopping I will run into a family member. P.O. Box's are great you dont have to worry about shopping with all the nut's especially at Christmas time.

trannie T
11-11-2006, 03:23 PM
I have everything delivered to my house, rarely is it labeled, "TO THE CROSSDRESSER AT ______ .)
If you want packages delivered away from your home try a PO Box, Mailboxes Etc, the UPS store or another similar business.

Karren H
11-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Yes. Either have it sent to your place of work, get a separate box at the post office or the ups store or just go to your local store and buy the things locally!! Each has its pros and cons!!

I have sent wigs and breast forms to work with no problems.. They even x-ray them... I can hear the security guys now....that engineer is ordering boobs again!!! Hehehe

Love Karren

caffine
11-11-2006, 08:17 PM
get a po box.its not to expensive and its secure.only you have the the key and the clerks dont care whats in the box.its there job to deliver it.

i have one and i love it.when i get a package there is a key in the po box for anothere box where the package is waiting for me.

Joy Carter
11-12-2006, 01:18 AM
One place I get my lingerie from has a return address saying " The Personal Fulfillment Center ". Gee how did they know that+? :D

Kelsy
11-12-2006, 05:16 AM
I love the plain discreet packages with the return address labels like "Lovely pink lacey things .com" Must give the postal workers who know you something to talk about!:happy:

Jennifer:be:

immike
11-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I bought most of my wardrobe online,it's anonymous and safe

Rita Knight
11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi roddell and Everyone,
If you are buying things online, ALWAYS look for online coupons for that retailer. I buy a lot of things from Roamans. To find coupons, enter "Roamans coupons" in your search engine. You will find plenty of discount coupons for them thay way. Not every retailer does this. I buy a lot of things online and am generally happy with the things I buy.

KateW
11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
One related tip when purchasing online is to check to see how the retailer will be listed on your credit card statement. For all-purpose stores this is no big deal, but I recently purchased some underwear from Ann Summers - a famous lingerie and sex toy shop in the UK, and was suprised to see the company listed on my statement after they had stated clearly the items would be delivered in unbranded packaging! It wasn't a big deal for me as my wife knows about my little secret, but it may be something worth keeping in mind if someone else has access to your credit card bills!