PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to talk about crossdressing. 2

Julie York
01-10-2005, 01:03 PM
What's the best clothing bargain you ever found?

Ashleigh
01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
The best clothing bargain I found was when Julie York offered to send me her skirts - free. Still waiting though. Otherwise, the best ones have been found on Ebay, almost exclusively.

Wendy me
01-10-2005, 01:10 PM
frist pair of stolen pantyhose..........free

Julie York
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
The best clothing bargain I found was when Julie York offered to send me her skirts - free. Still waiting though. Otherwise, the best ones have been found on Ebay, almost exclusively.

(Yeah yeah and you will get them when I get the white baby doll set you promised. Or did I dream that? Oh....right.)

My best bargain was a dress, when I was putting stuff in the communal dustbin just after the neighbour threw out a bag of clothing!

Yeah, I know.....but we'd all have done it!!

DonnaT
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Ohh, easy. When Kmart was closing some stores locally. Found a nice velvet LBD for $8.

Ashleigh
01-10-2005, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Julie York](Yeah yeah and you will get them when I get the white baby doll set you promised. Or did I dream that? Oh....right.)QUOTE]

TOUCHE!

ChristineRenee
01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
I would have to say my wedding dress. Got it on sale at JCP and was able to use my employee discount at the time along with an incentive coupon! What a coup!;)

KayleighTV_UK
01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Thought i would add my 10p's worth

A Black evening gown i got from a charity shop for about £25.. i took it home and it had a tag inside that said £225 - Was extremley pleased with it..

Have never worn it though!

Kay

Sweet Susan
01-11-2005, 02:35 AM
The Bon in Seattle

LauraB
01-12-2005, 08:05 AM
My best bargin
Those red shoes you are wearing

You are going to send them to me arn't you darling darling sweet julie

Love
Laura

P.S.
No need to express them i can wait a few days
thanks in anticipation
Laura
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Julie York
01-12-2005, 11:52 AM
My best bargin
Those red shoes you are wearing

You are going to send them to me arn't you darling darling sweet julie

Love
Laura

P.S.
No need to express them i can wait a few days
thanks in anticipation
Laura

With or without the padlock ankle straps?
(If I can find the damned key!)

Tristen Cox
06-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Bump! :cool:

Classic closeouts best prices for what I want and a lot of selection :thumbsup:

Rachel_740
06-29-2005, 03:23 PM

A lush black velvet Monsoon skirt with red embroidery that I got off Ebay last september - £8.70

Anne

Stephenie
06-29-2005, 03:53 PM
My wife's closet

Sara Kat
06-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Two bucks for a cute black mini on ebay.

Amelie
06-29-2005, 04:11 PM
I like these old threads, somehow, I missed them the first time.

This answer goes back to your first question on make-up. On the same day I was getting my make-up, I had bought a skirt from a guy selling clothes in the street. It was sort of a black kilt-like skirt, it cost me 5 dollars. Around the St Marks St. area of New York, there would be guys selling all sorts of stuff on the street, these guys would be there all night long, even when coming out of the clubs late at night, these guys would still be there, it was a fun way to shop. I don't know if they are still there, gentrafication usually displaces these guys.

Jonien
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
my wife was a size 14 with a very big wardrobe and out grown most of it so now it's mine , now that is a bargin
a bargin aw what am I saying some of them dresses cost me hundreds and still got the labels on them never seen daylight.
Now what shall I wear today

Wendy me
06-29-2005, 05:21 PM
this skirt for .25 ...http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7203/newme6jt.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Lauren_T
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
... if you don't hit the thrift shops.

I call these bargains:
A dreamy medium-gray silk BCBG MaxAzria skirt for two dollars
A purple lace Dior garter belt for fifty cents
A black velvet DKNY dress for a buck
(OK, it has a 1/2 in spot on the shoulder, but still, the girliest-feeling piece of outerwear I have - my first 'little black dress!')

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a GG friend who wears 6 1/2s a pair of grey kid Bally pumps w/ 2-in heels, absolutely perfect, like they were never worn. $4.00 and tax. For virtually brand-new what? 3-or 400-dollar? shoes. And gorgeous ones, at that.

With my 12W feet, I'll never get to wear Ballys, Manolos, Jimmys or any number of other fabulous shoes... :cry:

Bein' girly has its challenges and disappointments - but if it wasn't worth it, we wouldn't do it, would we?

emmicd
06-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I've bought some pretty Laura Scott dresses at Sears for less than $15 each. I also bought some Amanda Lane dresses at TJ Maxx for $12 each. And I take advantage of the sales at Kohls. I bought a nice pair of pretty black pants designed by the former vj of MTV, Fuentes. I don't remember her first name.

And how could I forget. I bought a beautiful matching pink bikini set from Exhilaration for $10.

Love to shop for femme clothes!

Emmi