PDA

View Full Version : Ears

jamie anne
11-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Just wondering how many of you girls have had your ears pierced and how long you have to wear studs before the hoes don't close.

thanks jamie

Alaceann
11-12-2006, 08:30 AM
No piercings yet but would like to someday. I figure when S.O. getsher tatoo that she mentioned that I'll see about getting my ears pierced.

Sharoncd
11-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I to would like to but first I need to find some flesh color earrings. In my mind it would be a gradual introduction to me with earrings.

lynnrichards
11-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I had my ears pierced about eight years ago and I'm glad I did it. I was told to keep the studs in for about six weeks,

carriejoe
11-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Jamie, when i got mine pierced i had to wear studs for 6wks before i could take them out and the holes wouldn't close. Then i went a for about 3yrs where i didnt wear earings because my ex wife didnt like my dressing and have within the last year started wearing them again and the holes hadnt healed over. Hope this helps. Cj

Charleen
11-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Got mine done in June, and had to leave them in for 6 weeks. T he important thing was that I had to keep them clean at all times, and keep my hair back in a 'tail as well to avoid infection. I now wear filigreed gold hoops and love 'em! Good luck. Love and xxxx, Lily

tekla west
11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Had both of mine done years ago, six weeks sounds about right, but that was not a big deal, I always am wearing.

nykita_teen_cd
11-12-2006, 10:37 AM
hey. I've got my ears peirced (2 in left and 1 in right) but mine are streched.

at the moment they are 4mm (1/8 of an inch apparently(so says the online converter!!)

I will go bigger, but i love my peircings

My ears are weird and begin to close over after about 5 hours

If your going to get them done, make sure you clean them for the first month twice daily

Nikki

Holly
11-12-2006, 10:48 AM
The other girls are correct... six weeks is about the least amount of time you need to wear the starter studs continuously. This is to give the wounds (holes) time to heal properly. Keeping them clean is very important as well. It's not hard, but does require some diligence on your part, however. Now, go do it!

Joy Carter
11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Huh my wifes says her holes closed up on her from lack of waring earrings. I have had one since June and the second one since September. Gee ya think I should get two more holes above these +? Whay about ear-cuffs +? Id love to have a pair. They look real cool.:D

Rachel Morley
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I've had my left one pierced since I was 16. I wore just one small gold stud for quite a few years, then for a significant length of time I took it out and had nothing. Then in my mid 30's I decided to start wearing a small hoop in my left ear and not only that but I thought I'd get the other one pierced too. It was one of the best things I've ever done.

Today, I don't wear earrings to work, and only once did one woman co-worker ever comment that she could see that I have "holes" in both of my lobes. However, out of work I always wear both earrings. Sometimes just plain gold studs, other times colored diamante studs and occasionally small sleeper hoops, all in girly guy mode. Of course, when en femme.....the sky's the limit!

AmberTG
11-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I think most CDs just over react to the concern about having their ears pierced, like it's gonna give em away or something. Look around you at all the guys with pierced ears, including us old guys that have had em done for years. I see older guys then me at the VA hospital with pierced ears all the time. All the "tough guys" have pierced ears ( at least) now. Inless you have a high profile, conservative job with emphisis on appearance, it's pretty normal to have pierced ears now.

Krystenw
11-12-2006, 01:54 PM
I got my first set when I was 6. We used diamond studs and we took them out every few days and cleaned the holes with alcohol.
The last time I got them pierced I just left them in at night and cleaned them with alcohol every time I put them back in.
The main thing is you gotta use good studs. I used 24 carot gold studs with a dull end. that way it just slid through the hole each time and didn't try to start a new on every time I put them in.
If I happen to wear the cheap kind it makes my ears hurt and they try to close up.

trannie T
11-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I to would like to but first I need to find some flesh color earrings. In my mind it would be a gradual introduction to me with earrings.

Just get some small plain gold studs. People will notice something 'flesh' colored almost as much as real jewelry. When I got my ears pierced several people asked about it, I just said it was something I wanted to do. Ear piercing is now pretty much acceptable for men, I have several in each ear and have had no offers to join the freak show.

Fallen Angel
11-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Ive had mine done for several years and its takes about 6 weeks before you can pull the peircing studs out.now im concidering second peircings in one ear as well

Scotty
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I pierced my cartlidge a few years back, they DO close up after a much shorter time if you don't keep something in them, so eveyr week or so I wear one for a few hours.

But when I got it done I had to take it out to go to work, and then I'd put it back as soon as I got home. I left it in about a week before I started doing that - and it can be painful, but on the other hand I kept it cleaner in my opinion doing that....

I hvae to repierce my right cartlidge as it did NOT like that and closed up over a 3 day weekend, waiting for thanks giving weekend to do that one :)

I want my right ear double pierced like yours above :) Maybe at Christmas break!!

Bernadina
11-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Had both ears pierced about 4 years ago. I don't know how long it will take for the holes to close as I always wear some kind of ring or stud in them.

Stephenie S
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Didn't we just have this thread? I know I answered one about earings.

Anyway, I wore my studs for about two months before I could comfortably take them in and out. I got the gun method at the mall. Very easy and inexpensive. I understand that if you get it done at a peircing shop with a hollow needle it makes a bigger hole and it dosn't close up so quickly and easily. I don't have any experience with that though.

Now, after two months, I can wear any kind of earing I want, and it is easy for me to change them. I wear studs all the time though. Unless I and going out and then I love long dangley ones. I just love the feeling of them swinging around my neck. I got nothing but compliments at work from all but my one "gender policewoman" who constantly pointed out to me all the thing I was doing wrong by being too "girly". She has finally stopped though.

So for me, it was a great thing to do. I wish I had done it LONG ago. To all who want to, just DO IT. Nobody will care.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Trish
11-13-2006, 07:45 AM
When mine were done, I took the earrings out every morning, and put them back in at night. They took about six weeks to heal.

suzy
11-13-2006, 07:58 AM
That is a million dollar question for me..... Man... For my whole life I have been resistant to earrings on men... just a stupid idea I have carried.... I would love to have pierced ears for my Suzy time but absolutely detest it for my drab dress.....sigh....I guess I'll have to continue using clip on's..:o

DonnaT
11-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Had mine done last November. Took about nine weeks for them to heal properly, which means that when I pushed the post trough, it went all the way through and didn't wonder around inside the ear lobe before finding the exit hole.

It probably took that long because I couldn't wait to take out the studs and put in danglies. So, do try to leave the studs in for the whole six weeks.

bgirl
11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I had mine done many years ago. I always have a 1" hoop in them. Currently they are 8 guage. If I take them out, it takes a week before you can't see light thru my ear. As Beth I must always be careful not to lose earings as french loops will fall out easily. I should where lockback loops. As the b-boy I have to keep something in them as my wife doesn't like the see thru look.

joanne_mi
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
I had my left ear done when I was 15 or so, and it's been open ever since. I had the right one done about 3 years ago, and it took about 6 weeks for me to be able to go without an earring in it to keep it open.

Caitlintgsd
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
I had both of mine done a couple of years ago. Followed the 6 week advice. Now I usually only wear something every few days (when I go out) and have gone as long as a week without wearing anything. I've never had a problem with them closing up.