PDA

View Full Version : natural light pic

christine55
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I like to use natural light when I can. My apartment has all north and east facing windows so I dont get alot. One of these days I will go out and take some shots but it is hard to do so because the camera, tripod get too much attention.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/shadow.jpg

Julie York
01-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Christine, just get a LARGE mirror on the other side of you to reflect back and it will be magic! You have enough light already, just needs spreading about a bit.

Or a big piece of white art board.

Tristen Cox
01-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Natural light and still a great picture ;) I have a similiar problem with my windows facing the wrong ways to let light in. Solution: 500wt lamp. Works everytime :p

*hugs*
Tristen

Merinda
01-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Christine,

If you decide to go out choose an overcast day , this will work better as there is no shadows.
Most cameras have a 1/4 inch whitworth thread in the base for the tripod fitting, by using a wingnut and short piece of 1/4 allthread (or chop the top off a screw) you can fit your camera to a block of wood and sit it on the park bin.

I used to attach my camera to a stepladder but now I am lucky enough to have an accepting daughter that takes all my photos.

paulaN
01-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I think that is a great pic. I love the natural light it's as if i'm standing right there. you get a kiss on the cheek for that one.

Julie
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Christine you posted a natural light photo a few weeks ago and that like this one is very nice, there seems to be enough light and feel you'd only have problems if it was a really overcast day outside.

JJ

Julie York
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
What camera is it? Mine is 3 pixels.

No no it really IS!

(For Sale: Crap camera . Will swap for lacey...thing.)

Sandra H
01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Christine.

You look great as normal, you bring a bright light into any cold dark winters day. I don’t believe you when you say that the tripod gets lots of attention when you take photos outside. How could a tripod compare with you, I bet it is you who gets all the attention.

Take care.

Donna Louise
01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Christine

Very nice pic. You look wonderful as usual.

Donna Louise

christine55
01-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Julie, I use a Nikon D-70. Very nice for the price
Hugs, Christine