PDA

View Full Version : Navel piercing (Belly button)

Scotty
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
OK SO how many of you gurls got your belly button pierced??

I did my own back in 1996, very painful doing it that way, had to do it again as I used a straight stud and my body just kicked it right out.

Anyway it's neat shopping for navel jewelry, and I've seen a few guys with it done over the years.

Bodycandy.com is a great place for all sorts of jewelry :)

ebony
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Its been a little over a year know. thats funny cause in 1996 I tried to pierce mine but I did it in the wrong place and it didn't look right but for almost ten years I couldnt wait to get it done.

KateW
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I have considered it, but only so far got my ears double pierced. Not sure how the other half would react!

Bernadina
11-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I kidded my wife about my having a navel piercing last year. So last Boxing day we happend to be downtown and she suggested we take a walk right past and then into the piercing studio to get a naval piercing.

I had a 10 gauge curved barbell done as I felt the larger size piercing would stand up to being jostled more than the 14 gauge one and heal faster.

I find that my navel piercing is taking a lot longer to heal than any of the others I've had due to its exposed position, and I would not advise anyone to remove the intitial jewelry before a year of healing. I'd also suggest that any piercing be done with something larger that the 14 gauge than seems to be the standard these days as 14 gauge is too thin and can tear out of the piercing.

Now I'm thinking of some kind of belly button tat to compliment the piercing.

Sarah Rabbit
11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I have had a navel pierceing for about 9 months now. And Yes, It is a slow healing process. I replaced it at 6 months and had trouble with it. So now I'll wait for the full 12 months.

I have recently had my final ear pierce. Totalling 4....... 1st (left ear) at 18. 2nd left and 1st right lobe at 32. The fourth at 42. Making matching sets..What a spread of years:D

Sarah R. :bunny:

Stephenie S
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Never did my navel. I did my nipples about 30 years ago. I found I could not take the discomfort and I removed the rings and let them heal up. Perhaps if I had been wearing a bra all the time I would have had more protection, but I found the constant irritation of my nipples on my shirt was just too much. So out they came.

Lovies,
Steph

MJ
11-12-2006, 11:48 PM
well not yet but soon. when i get to my weight goal thats my reward so real soon i hope ... hugs mj

Billiesmith
11-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Had mine done but it worked it self out. I am going to get it done again after my ears. I did love it in.
A lot of friends and other people asked why did I do it? I said Because I wanted it !!
Billie
xoxoxo

Clare
11-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Strange, I was just talking to a female co-worker about having a navel piercing last week!

She had a belly piercing done several years ago, but it never healed properly and she had to remove it. But she tells me that it didn't hurt all that much and it's great to have. She told me to get it done as it's quick and a simple procedure.

So i've almost decided that I will get a belly piercing as a Xmas gift to CLARE. Just gotta find a store that does them and check out the cost and the type of bars that are used initially.

I'll let you know in the new year if I get one done.