PDA

View Full Version : Blown away!

Lesley-cd
11-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I've just had a rather 'invigorating' experience! I had just bought a new pair of boots and was keen to take them out for a walk. Normally I plan my walks quite carefully but this time I threw caution to the wind (literally as it turned out!). I quickly got made up and dressed and headed out. It was about 10.30 and dark, not raining but quite windy. I didn't realise how windy until I had walked for about 15 minutes with the wind at my back and I decided to turn and walk back. Suddenly I had the full force of the wind in my face. I had to quickly make a grab for the hair which threatened to take off on its own but then the coat I was wearing which is quite long but only buttons to the waist started blowing about like Batman's cape! I was wearing a short skirt and stockings and everything was exposed to the elements ( I could see this being a fantasy on another occasion but I was fighting for survival here!!). So with one hand anchoring my hair and the other trying to preserve my dignity I staggered for home still trying to maintain a feminine gait. Fortunately no one passed too close but I must have been a sight! I made it home totally dishevelled but was able to laugh once I was inside and safe from the elements.
Anyway, the bottom line is that now, before I go out, along with all the other checks, I'll be sure to consult the weather forecast!

Anyone else got a 'weather' tale?!

Lesley xx

Tina Dixon
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
The damn weather can couse a girl problems.

uknowhoo
11-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Well, I'm glad you survived to tell us your harrowing ordeal! :D Cute story, thanx for posting. :hugs: Tammi

Holly
11-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Maybe we need a link to the weather channel here :D .

Jodie_Lynn
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
perhaps, a head scarf would have helped.

Glad to hair you made it home safely
:)

ColleenCD
11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Lesley,

So how did the boots do? I'll bet your feet were the least of your concern!

Colleen

Lesley-cd
11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Colleen,

The boots were fantastic - though I didn't get a chance to appreciate them! Believe it or not, it's the first pair of boots I've ever had and though they have a fairly high heel (4") I found them much easier to walk in than my other heels - just as well or I may never have made it back to the house! :whew!:

Lesley xx
(PS - headscarf now added to my shopping list!:happy: )

Rachel Newark
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Hehehe

The first time I ever went 'out' dressed, was a few years ago with a TV I knew at the time. I think the place was called the Golden Lion in the West Midlands somewhere ( ?? anyone ?). It was the middle of winter with a wind blowing in via Siberia. Perhaps a PVC mini and stockings were not the *ideal* choices. Tucking?? Pah! who needs it ? I had a good time though :-) and on the way back to the car I didn't feel the cold at all...

Rachel