PDA

View Full Version : Ear Ring Conversion Kits?

krisybryant
11-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Others may know this little secret, but I just discovered it this weekend: they have pierced-to-clip conversion kits in the (junk) stores that let us no-pierced girls wear traditional post ear rings. :eek:

Who knew!

I don't have to pierce after all.

P.S.
This just opened a whole new world for Krisy. I spent a bundle in a Icing by Claire's store. :)

Stephenie S
11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh, but pierced earings are soooo much fun. And so much more comfortable.

Steph

Karren H
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I just buy clip-ons from Ebay, or Walmart or from the local antique stores, flea markets or garage sales... The old antique ones are the best but I have taken apart old unsuitabble or damaged clip-ons and some newer pierced earrings and swaped parts... Even have some silver solder to do repairs! 70 pair and counting!!

Love Karren

Sherlyn
11-12-2006, 11:49 PM
You can buy the conversion kits also at Michaels (Crafts Store )

Bobbie cd
11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I used to use clip-ons, but found that they either were so loose that they would not stay in place, or were so tight that they eventually became painful. In fact, they caused such indentations in my earlobes that when I had my daughter actually pierce my ears, she commented that it looked as though they had been pierced at one time!

Now that my ears are pierced, I love it! I have so many more options and my earings don't fall off or pinch my earlobes.
I would never go back. :D :D

(Of course, I do understand the position that some, like Karren, are in where their SO is adamantly opposed to any such action, you have my sympathy.)
Ya gotta do what is best for your own situation.

Katelyn
11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
I didn't know about the conversion kits. Thank you!:love:

krisybryant
11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
As a follow up.
I was (mega shopping) in Dallas this weekend and saw 3 males of different ages with both ears pierced. One was less than 13 years old with his mom, one was a 20-something clerk at WalMart, and the other was a 20-something clerk at Burlington Coat Factory. All were waring huge stud/post bling! (no dangles yet).

Times they are a changing.

Jodi
11-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I have been using the conversion kits for about 10 years. I buy mine at Claires at the mall. I believe that a two pair pack is $3.95.

Jodi

JenniferR771
11-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Good suggestion Krisy and Karren. I cannot get mine pierced yet--my OH would have a fit. My favorite thrift store has earrings for fifty cents usually. i will get out my needle nose pliers and solder and see what happens.

malindaj007
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I had no idea about the conversion kit either. Thanks!:D

Bernadina
11-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I tried the conversion kits before I got my ears pierced. They worked but it wasn't the same as having pierced ears.