PDA

View Full Version : Style match

Scotty
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I've got a black skirt with some red lilly type flowers on it and I'm curious what kind of top might go with it..

I love this skirt, had it a long time but never had much to match it.

Bad photo but you get the point :)

Sandra
11-13-2006, 12:31 PM
If it was me I would wear a white top/blouse with it.

Julogden
11-13-2006, 04:12 PM
If it was me I would wear a white top/blouse with it.
Hi Sandra,

That works well for females, but we males are wider across the shoulders than the hips, the exact opposite of females, so when we wear a top that's significantly lighter than our pants or skirt, it can make us look even more broad-shouldered, so I'd say that Scottie should try to wear a black top of some sort instead.

I'd suggest a longer tunic-type of top, maybe a peasant blouse, with a wide belt over it to define the waist.

Carol:hugs:

Sarah Grae
11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
A general rule of thumb for matching a top to a skirt is to look for the colors in the skirt and wear a top that is one of those colors. Keep the fabric types similar too.

The top you have on in your picture appears to match the main skirt color, so that's a good choice. :D You also try something in red to match the color of the flowers. But if there's green in that skirt, I would avoid a green top because in combination with the red flowers you might look like a Christmas tree. :eek: