PDA

View Full Version : Anybody take breaks from dressing?

Sedona
11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

It's weird, but I'm in a phase where I'm not really interested in "dressing." I often go with a ladies' thong under my guys' clothes, but for the past couple of weeks, I've gone with 100 percent guy clothes, including my boxer briefs. I've also been growing back my body hair.

Nah, I'm not leaving our sisterhood, but I'm curious if any other girls go through periodic dis-interested phases.

Cheers,

Tamara Croft
11-13-2006, 02:52 PM
For one second there..... I coulda swore that said 'anybody take breasts from dressing'......

sorry :hiding:

emmerzgurl06
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
im on the same page right now too actually. i think i over did it when i got back into it...

Karren H
11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah.... I've had instances where it seemed like too much hastle to get all gussied up!! I guess that's how a lot of women feel is that had to dress up every day. But it passed.... Quickley at that! Just a phase!! "The lazy phase". :)

Love Karren

Lisa Golightly
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
'fraid not...

Sedona
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
For one second there..... I coulda swore that said 'anybody take breasts from dressing'......

sorry :hiding:

Ha, that's funny, not really a Power of Jedi moment, but funny nonetheless. "These are not the droids you're looking for."

Ellie C
11-13-2006, 03:09 PM
i went years without dressing in my 20's .I began dressing againin my 30's as an escape nowi dress for funand have my gg parners full support:D

SatinSarah
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
yes it happens now and then. I can go without dressing for a couple of weeks even though I may think about it. Sometimes there is just not the opportunity for all of us girls and when the opportunity arises it may not feel so right. Couldn't last too long though!

NatalieBliss
11-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah. Sometimes self-imposed or currently where I am forced into by living circumstances.. boo that.

Sedona
11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah. Sometimes self-imposed or currently where I am forced into by living circumstances.. boo that.

I understand completely. I'm fortunate in that I'm in a situation where I can currently choose my CDing activities to some degree. Those who are living with unsupportive significant others/curious kids may not have that luxury, a shame really.

Laurie Ann
11-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Not by choice.

Cyndie
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
A few times. Mostly when there is a lot going on in my life and I just don't have the time to do it right. Even when I'm not dressing I still wear panties under my drab boy clothes.

Rebecca Petersen
11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I did take a couple of breaks. Once in 1989 for a few hours and then again in 1996 for almost a complete day. Seriously, we all go through "Dry spells" but they pass. Sometimes in weeks, sometimes in years, but thank God, they pass.

linnea
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
In my situation, there are times when for family or professional reasons, I simply cannot go out dressed. There are other times when it seems inconvenient, as when I'm in a hurry on an occasional morning and I don't have time to find the panties I want to wear. But I have not taken, as a chosen and deliberate course of action, to stop wearing my fem clothes. I would dress very fem almost every day if I had the full freedom to do it. I would dress less fem when I'm hiking, house painting, or chopping wood, but even then (with full freedom), I would wear girly jeans and tops and pretty socks, and a girly hat or a scarf--with bra and panties underneath, of course.

Daizy Chains
11-13-2006, 04:29 PM
i go through phases some quite long months but this time of the year always draws me back to what i love the most.

Sweet Jane
11-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi

prior to this year, I probably went the best part of 5 years without getting a single urge to dress in any womans garment what so ever. I also had a spell from when I was about 20 to 28 where I hardly ever dressed. However when the "need" to dress strikes me, I become a quisling weakling and surrender totally to it, I suppose because being dressed just feels so right at the time. Afterward I'm still not too sure. I suppose I embarrass myself and then feel guilty, I just can't help it.

So yes there have been some periods in my life, teens, thirties and now mid forties, where the desire to femme myself has been extreme....right now is the most extreme ever, however if history repeats, it'll pass too.

gianna25
11-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey Sedona...i know what you mean....
I have been on a bit of a break too....i mean only a couple of weeks but then the desire is less too as time goes on....

Its kinda weird with me....as my male dating life picks up (right now i kind of just met and am seeing 3 differnt girls) so part of that is a time thing ;-)

So now I stopped shaving too...i have covered up the fact when questioned why my legs were short haired (2 weeks growth) by one of these girls that I had to for a hamstring injury so i could properly tape it when playing ball. Which is partially true anyway....I mean taping over ace bandages doesnt really do the trick....you need to go right on the skin and i am not about to rip off all that hair. Then i said i just liked the feel so i did it a few more times and she thought nothing odd of it.

And now my injury is better so i am back to weight traning in the gym from just cardio so that naturally increases your testosterone levels so I feel more manly at this point which drives my dressing desire down.

Anyways I guess my fall fun as Gianna has come to an early halt....glad and sad in the same breath....

Who knows....maybe if things don't work out with these girls I will back for a quick stint before my skiing season begins...lol

Lanore
11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Not at all.

Lanore

vbcdgrl
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Don't worry, the desire will return.

Vikki

Victoria Anne
11-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I have taken short breaks as they were unavoidable, the military does make it difficult.I even( in a state of confusion ) took a break to be a better "man" for my wife and found I was only kidding myself as I am better being who I am and my wife loves me just the same and thats all that matters.

Wendy me
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
just a little while ago i went a week without any type of dressing at all were i was and what i was doing any form of dressing would not been a good choise....

AprilMae
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Yep, it comes and goes. Sometimes work and other things prevent it. Sometimes I just don't feel like it. This past weekend I had the house to myself, but didn't want to bother, at least not fully. All I wore all weekend was a big sweatshirt ,panties, girls jeans, knee hi's and flats. Probably until the Holidays are over I won't have but 1 night a week to dress even though this is my favorite time to do it.

Bluebird GG
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM
i know Teriann goes through those dry spells of not dressing i am always saying are u going to get dressed tonite and she saids i not in the mood because she is depressed and i am like try dressing anyways it will help u not be depressed.:D

LaurenS.
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Are you kidding me? I can't imagine my wife trying to talk me into dressing. She doesn't know how lucky she is!!!!!!
Lauren

JenniferMint
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I kind of want more femme clothes that I can wear while in drab, so that I can dress all the time!

kerrianna
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
:heehee: I try to take breaks, partly to give my SO a break :hugs: , but also because it makes it more fun when I go back. However I am obviously not trying hard enough because Kerrianna seems to be around everywhere I go. :raisedeyebrow:

Glenda58
11-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Over the years I would take breaks sometime with help from others and sometimes just didn't feel like it. But when it starts back it's like you never stopped. You start where you left off.

DAVIDA
11-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I take breaks every day when I get dressed for work. Then I come home and shower and the urge hits again:heehee:

Tee
11-14-2006, 02:25 AM
yes, its being 3 years since i last do so. i stopped after i went for therapy stuff like that. life got busy too.

i came to this website after i got hit by a major crave and desire after i read an article about CD. hmmm it like you lost it and suddenly it came back to you like a major storm. I cannot stop thinking about it for the last week and so. really spins your mind.

currently owns not a single item except whatever is in my mind. :D

hhlover2001
11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
It happens to most of us that are just caught up in life. I have a wife that totally accepts and suppports my feminine side. Life sometimes just gets in the way. It has been 6 or 7 months since last dressed as "her", but have the urges and longing every day. Time will come to let her out again.

marie telford cd
11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I went for a numbr of years without dressing, but i dress now more than ever.

:heehee:

LaurenInDC
11-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Speaking from my own experience, I go through phases where either I'm simply too busy in male mode (3 kids will do that to you :D ) or simply don't feel like it. It has lasted as long as an hour or so, or as much as 6 months. During those periods, it just wasn't enjoyable, so I didn't dress. I found that it went away after time.

-L

Paula Blair
11-14-2006, 09:31 AM
What a coincidence! Just today the urge to dress suddenly came back to me after a lapse of about 6 months or so. This morning I put on my ordinary man clothes, but then the urge hit, so I changed into panties, a bra, and a pair of girl jeans. Then after logging on here for the first time in months, this was the first thread I came across.

I have been on and off all my life, but have no idea what causes the changes. All I know is that I feel very comfortable at the moment.

Angie G
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I started dress every day after my wife became aware of my dressing I give her the weekend I go drab been about 11/2 years no breaks as of yet :hugs:
Angie

Ranee Daze
11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I have almost never gone without thinking about dressing, but I do go for long periods without actually dressing. Maybe it is because for me dressing always means going out, and lately the outings have become daylong events which require truly free time and much planning and makeup work etc. I think for me that 24/7 dressing around the house would eventually make the whole thing a real bore. This way I can put some time and money aside and have a real great time. In the end I don't think I stop being a dresser because I don't actually dress the part. Do the clothes really make the woman anyway?

Lady Ranee Daze

Girdlewoman
11-14-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm there now. I just painted my toes this last weekend and dressed a little. I haven't had the urge for months. This has been a life long endeavor with me and I know it won't go away. But right now I'm not interested. However I do remained shaved and I'm here, so I guess I do have interest even if I'm not acting on it. Plus to add insult to injury I live alone and can do as I please. I wonder when I'll feel like my girlself again. Peace, Girdlewoman
P.S. I'm getting older and wonder how much of this feeling is related to aging? Sort of a menopause for T-ladies.

tightsgirl
11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
i went a hole month without having blue cheese dressing:laughing:

Charleen
11-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Was there a few weeks ago. In mid October I went full drab. Stopped shaving, got the polish off my toe nails, clipped my finger nails, all that, and I didn't know why then, but found out. See, we were doing a haunted house at work, and I was one of the ones in charge. Charlie has always loved Halloween, so he came to the fore, and took charge. The day after we went back to normal at work, so did I. Whereas up until the 31st I had no desire, I dressed as you see in my avantar for Halloween night. Stiil haven't shaved, but as I work outside alot, I figure the pelt will help keep me warm this winter, other than than the hairiness, I'm (Lily) back with a vengeance until I guess Charlie is needed again. It's all good!
Love and xxxx, Lily

Tina Dixon
11-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I take a lot of breaks but I will never, and I mean never wear boxers:thumbsdn:

Charleen
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I take a lot of breaks but I will never, and I mean never wear boxers:thumbsdn:

:iagree: Boxers-eeeewww!

MissAlyssa
11-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I kind of want more femme clothes that I can wear while in drab, so that I can dress all the time!
I agree with mint I could probably put togehter maybe a weeks worth of ture outfits without going throught the mixing and matching. mixing an matching I can come up with a lot more but then thats mixing and matching I kinda want new stuff every day oh my I must be a shop-O-holic.

islandgirl
11-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Sure..I just get burned out at times. It lasts from days to weeks and I even enjoy the diversion but it comes back like a lost friend ready to party! But Its like part of me is missing and I am glad to return to my "normal"
Kris

Lacey
11-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't always want to dress. Alot of the time thinking of it is enough. Sometimes I will wear my femme shoes around the house cleaning and etc. I recently bought a pair of womens tennis shoes that look fairly masculine but are femme, and I have worn them with my male clothes in public. I can go months sometimes without dressing but I think about it every other day or so. Or if things are slow at work I fantasize about different outfits I would like to wear. My SO is putting together an outfit for me so we can go to a club sometime soon, and the thought of her picking out the outfit for me is enough for now. Lacey.

Deidra Cowen
11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
I take breaks...usually no more than a week. But not due to lack of interest, rather its due to family and work stuff getting in the way of my CDing!

JeanneF
11-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I've taken a few breaks. This summer, I didn't go full femme for about two months. I still would wear a sweatshirt and leggings when bumming around the house, but I just didn't have the desire to go out. I also had a period a few years ago, for about 6 months where I didn't wear anything femme, shave or anthing...I was a hairy beast when that was over.

None of these were imposed by circumstances, just by apathy. :)

Lindahexi
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm going through such a phase at the moment; I'm glad this post came up because I was thinking that I'd lost the urge to dress completely. Of course deep down I realise that it will return, and reading that lot's of you gurls have these 'off phases' has made me realise I'm not alone. Suddenly I feel the urge returning, must stop typing now and get dressing. REALLY.

Lisa Marie
11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
I take the whole summer off from dressing espeically when its hot outside. But one thing I love about the cool weather is dressing up in my womens clothing.

TxKimberly
11-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Yepper - just coming out of a phase like that! lol

mmandy31
11-16-2006, 10:20 PM
:hugs: I am in the same boat .
I can dress every day then i will have no desire to dress for weeks .
my wife knows now that i love to dress so i wonder now if i am losing interest to dress .

Audrey34
11-16-2006, 10:41 PM
I have actually gone weeks without dressing, then suddenly I'll get the urge to walk around the apartment in t-shirt, shorts and pantyhose! And there are days when i'll dress up from head to toe and be happy with that too. The longest I ever went without dressing up was nearly 2 1/2 years when I was in my early twenties. I was having a hard time understanding both my bondage fetish and crossdressing and I was afraid I was turning into a "creep" or some sort of sex fiend. I got over it and happily I still do both!
-Audrey

rickwi25
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I've not dressed in almost 5 years...most of my desire to do so now involves fantasy, but my wife has made comments that she would be freaked out by that...I've not brought it up, but when something is seen in adult magazine or similar she'll say something like that

Sierra Evon
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
For me take a break , not a chance mens clothes , I'll never go back ,
I now can get away with alot of different looks , in Femme drabs as well as wearing a dress or a skirt on certain occaisions , nop!! Ive crossed over for good now , no going back for me.........

cathie
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
only in small stages, like weekends. When I was not a stay at home dad, very rarely would I not go to work wearing something, mostly panties and pantyhose. These days now that I am a stay at home dad, I wear skirts, bras, pantyhose, heels, painted nails and I'm beginning to experiment with make up and wigs everday. Now some days depending on my workouts, I can only wear for an hour or so but it's usually all day till the kids come home.

carolinewalker_2000
11-20-2006, 05:53 PM
There have been long periods when I haven't felt pressured to dress, but I know the underlying need has always been lurking there. Also, over the last couple of years I have been fortunate enough to have had the space to think more seriously about what makes "Caroline" tick and the ways in which she is a person in her own right.

Interestingly I am able to be Caroline even when I am not dressed and that seems more important than the particular clothes I am wearing. (However, I still seize every opportunity to slip into a pair of heels and a skirt!!)

Rereading this post, I am not sure it makes too much sense; so make of it what you will!

Sedona
11-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm loving all the varied responses here (thanks ladies). We definately come in all shapes, sizes, and proclivities don't we?

As for me, except for the other week when I had on a thong for about six hours (as all my boxerbriefs were dirty, weird), I've been in full guy mode for about three weeks I think. Not to worry, Sedona will come back soon I think.

Cheers,

And happy Thanksgiving!

Kristen Kelly
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Took a self imposed break for 2 years, I gained 45 lbs, got depressed and saw just who I am. I lost 40 lbs, now dress 2 or three times a week, more if I can, go out often shopping for clothes or grocery enfem. At times I think I am making up for lost time, Life has never been so much fun.

natasha
11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Actually I just had a sort of "forced" non-dressing time, for the past week. It was tough not being able to wear my panties and hose, and having to remove the polish from my toe nails. Not to mention I had take off my toe rings too!!! A week of deer hunting with a bunch of guys drinking beer and playing poker might have presented a small problem!!!! It feels so nice being back and wearing my comfortable attire!!:heehee:

Jestina
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
I read about some who dress as a re.eif from stress or depression.
Not me though, when I dress every thing has to be OK.
When depressed I do not ever have the desire.

I have gone longish stints without dressing.

I find that age has relaxed me and allowed me to be who I is!!

Jestina.

Nikki T
11-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I too like most of the others who have posted have gone through times where i havent dressed for long periods,some have been because of relationships and some are just life, too busy, feelings of guilt or weirdness about it all etc. But then i get the urge and its an obsession i cant stop thinking about, all i wanna do is be girly, throw on some nylons, slip into my sexy satin nightie and slide on my heels and strut around the house practising my walk and feeling all sexy dreaming of the day that i could actually pass and maybe make an attempt at going out somewhere with a few friends. OH how i would love that :D

emmicd
11-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Actually I take breaks from dressing in guys clothes by wearing girls clothes occasionally.

I know I cant dress up that often but it is a nice change from suit and ties. i do like wearing dresses and womens pants when I can and do often crossdress underneath my male atire by wearing womens underwear and stockings. It feels good.

emmi

CheriTV2006
11-21-2006, 01:09 AM
I havn't cd'd in about two months till tonight (got motivated to do some pics with my own hair for once in my life, no more wigs for me!) Anyway, I tend to go in cycles, couple of weeks, months sometimes. Good time to reflect and think through/evaluate things concerning my two sides-what makes me happy, serious, sad about both, and try to hopefully cope/juggle this. There were times
in the past two months where I had the typical bouts of: "Why am I doing this?" /"Well, am I really that comfortable in those female clothes and makeup"/ "I'm not really going out like this anyway"/"Gee, I have my 48 year old male ego and
experience"/"Now I'm pissed off-will x'dressing really help ease the frustration?/"Oh my gosh! I was getting to serious with female identity stuff, is it occupying my mind too much"/"I won't x'dress till I get some more wardrobe and set up for pics"/"I'll strive to be angdro"/"I'm not in drag now, but I'm girly-man",etc. Anyway, I'm still here and hav'in a good time. So many things go in cycles anyway. Cheri.

ArleneRaquel
11-21-2006, 01:14 AM
I can go for only about 24 - 36 hours without getting back enfemme. I have been enfemme for as long as a month straight.:love: From 24 / 7 Maureen

missattitude
11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Every now and then I get tired of shaving, or summer will come, which I don't shave my legs usually in the summer. That's about all. I can't go a day with out my clothes. Id die without them. I tried to quit when I was like 15 and threw all my clothes out, soon to be right back at the store getting more.. I could not phathom what life would be like with out female clothes....ahhhh..

miss thangz

mona lisa
12-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Right now am going into another period of more interest in it but I have had times where my interest in dressing up was less or non-existent.

Cassy11
12-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes,it goes in cycles for me. Thats for full dress and makeup. I still wear panties and hose every day. I don't burn out but I'm just not interested and then I see a advertisement or photo and what the model is wearing just does something to me and I'm back in Cassy mode.

Dena
12-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm also taking a break from full dress that's lasted for 5 years now. I do
wear panties everyday though (this Christmas will be 20 years since I
bought myself a dozen panties and stopped wearing mens' undies). I also
wear nightgowns to bed most every night and silk pj's for loungewear.