PDA

View Full Version : Is Macy's targeting crossdressers this holiday season?

Karren H
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Anyone see the new Macy's television ad that currently running? Features Clinton Kelly for WNTW... And during his speal he says something like "and get there soon before all the good stuff is gone" then he walks along picking up things....a watch then a single cute looking red womans heel, then some other things! And finally he has a bunch of bags and says something about Macy's....

Yeah, I know he is a fashion gurue and all but........ subtle or not he's a guy buying womans heels! Right? Now the women are going to think "there's that fashion guy buying heels and I need to get a pair of those" and regular guys will think that.....hmmmm. Ok so the regular guys are watching fishing or football or something and they won't see the ad!! Lol

So after you see the ad let me know what you think!! I really think they are send out a subliminal message that its ok for guys to buy womens things.....as long as you buy them at Macy's!! Hehehe.

Love Karren

Sedona
11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Is there an online link (maybe YouTube)? I seldom watch TV.

Thx,

Karren H
11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Is there an online link (maybe YouTube)? I seldom watch TV.

Thx,

Couldn't find one easily on Macy's or Federated Dept Stores sites. But I didn't search hard... If I see it tonight I'll burn it on a dvd and upload it to Photobucket tommorow...

Karren

noname
11-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Perhaps, they are trying to appeal to women with the thought " he's a guy and he likes the shoe. Guys like that kind of shoe, and macys sells it. "

linnea
I haven't seen the ad yet, Karren, but I'll watch for it. My guess is that it is a small paean to crossdressers. A store like Macy's is probably not going to "come out" in a big, overt way. The potential market, I think, is pretty big, and marketers don't miss too many opportunities.
BTW, I love your pictures and enjoy your accounts of your adventures very much.

Rebecca Petersen
I think its always been okay for men to buy womens things. Wearing them is a different story.:rolleyes:

Sedona
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Couldn't find one easily on Macy's or Federated Dept Stores sites. But I didn't search hard... If I see it tonight I'll burn it on a dvd and upload it to Photobucket tommorow...

Karren

Cool,

Just did a search on YouTube with no luck.

Best,

thea
11-13-2006, 05:22 PM
I haven't seen the ad, but I'll bet that Macy*s execs wanted an example of a man buying a Christmas gift for the woman in his life, and at least he'd get something out of F--- Me pumps. I don't know anything about the guy who's in the ad, though, so I could be entirely wrong.

Kelsy
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I hope so!!! I shop macy's often alway's have always been satisfied. They are smart to tap our market!!!:D

Jennifer sweety sissy girlly lady etc..:p

hotbobbie
11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know if Macy's is targeting us but i have always had wounderful help with the sa at the stores in the Seattle area.

Aprilrain
11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Does any store really need to Advertise to Crossdressers? I dont know about anybody else but for me shoping for womens clothes is as exciting as wearing them. Maybe I'm just a shopping addict.

Bernadina
11-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh dear. Macy's is that store in the US that has those great sales and causes me to spend so much money in the ladies departments.

Wendy me
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
i saw it and i was truly disapointed ...... i wanted those heels....realy nouthing seamed wrong or strange to me a gm buying heels ..... what's wrong with that???...........

NatalieBliss
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
I have seen said commerical. I think it may be brushed of because a) it goes by fast and people may not notice it. b) if you know what show the guy is from (I sure did... LOVE that show) he is a known fashion guru as was stated. c) it ususally dosen't run during traditional male television viewing so that increases the likelyhood of item b. Anyway they are cute shoes!

MarieTS
11-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I sure hope so: Macy's is my favorite place to shop! :heehee:

joanlynn28
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Macy's is highly rated in employement of BGLT persons. I being TS applied last week and have gone to two interviews and tonight I am supposed to get a call on when my next and final one is to be held. I really need this experience as working as a girl before I go fulltime at my regular job. I am just happy to find out that Macy's is so accomidating to me. And the best part is I will be probable working in the misses dress department. Can't wait to be able to use my employee discount.:heehee:

SherriePall
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Karren -- Those shoes were to die for!

juliek
11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I have seen the ad a few times. One of the times, it does not have him picking up the red shoes, which by the way, I really really need to get....

Country girl
11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Darnit! I want those shoes and if half of you ladies on here want them too then it will be harder for me to get a pair!:tongueoutMaybe one of you girls would be nice enogh to pick up a pair for me when you are buying yours? Have fun shopping! The Christmas crunch is upon us!

Glenda58
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
I was at Macy's today didn't one pair of RED HEELS. If I did I would have brought them too.

Kimberley
11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Subliminal message?

Anyone record it and play it backwards???

CharleneCD
11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Does any store really need to Advertise to Crossdressers? I dont know about anybody else but for me shoping for womens clothes is as exciting as wearing them. Maybe I'm just a shopping addict.

They do advertise for crossdressers. They say we are having a big sale.

Karren H
11-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I wonder if Clinton really crossdresses??? Like he has way too much fashion moxey to not be wearng the clothes himself!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Stephenie S
11-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I did see the ad. It's playing here in northern New England. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Macys is targeting CDers though. Nice ad, and I think he's very enjoyable. I try to watch his show when it's on.

Lovies,
Steph

christie
11-14-2006, 08:57 AM
I've seen that ad a couple of times and thought that same thing.

Christie

Charolette time
11-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I did see the ad. It's playing here in northern New England. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Macys is targeting CDers though. Nice ad, and I think he's very enjoyable. I try to watch his show when it's on.

Lovies,
Steph

Havent seen the ad yet, would like to be able to wear heels, but to big to walk, keep turning my ankles, dont need to end up in the er room all dressed up, and with a torn panty hose too boot, just have to dream about them , I did find a nice pair of boots 3/4 high with a square heel at Payless, zipper on the side, on sale $40.00, they look good with everything and now with fall coming I can keep my feet warm and dry, and toes colored ahhhh

Gretchen
11-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I saw the ad with Clinton doing his promo for Macy's and immediately wanted to go over to our local Macy's and check out the women's shoes for those red beauties. I certainly got a subliminal prod and encouragement as a CDer.
I have purchased a few femme blouses and stockings from Macy's former incarnation, a May Co. store, but have found that most dept stores don't carry the wide shoe sizes that I need in the cute femme styles.
Gretchen

Billie Jean
11-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I think its always been okay for men to buy womens things. Wearing them is a different story.:rolleyes:Then why do you wear them.:heehee: Billie Jean

Maria2004
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
We've only recently had a Macy's store open up here in Columbus and I've bought about half my outfits from them. The first time I shopped there en-femm I was buying a pair of black T-strap Alfani heels. The SA that assisted me was female, late 30's maybe early 40's. Though I was well dressed, and in the zone so to speak :happy: since I don't spoof my voice it was obvious I was a cross dresser, never the less she was very helpfull, seemed happy to help, made sure I knew her name (she even wrote it on the bottom of the receipt) and told me to that she would "be very happy to assist me in the future in any of my shopping, and feel free to ask her help", aaaand she already "knew" I would be paying with cash and not by credit or debit card which would have my real name on it. I e-mailed Macy's and commented on the wonderfull shopping experience, identifying myself as a CD, they replied thanking me and said my comments would be forwarded to the store and department.

Later shopping en-drab with an arm full of co-ordinated tops and skirts of a Latina style (I fancy myself as Latina) I was approached by a very handsome woman, late forties perhaps inpeccably dressed, I don't know if she was an SA or manager who commented on my selection of clothing, identified herself as Mexican/American. We had a very pleasant conversation and she shared her tastes in feminine clothing and accessories. If I wasn't already married I would have asked her out on the spot.

I've seen the same level of conduct in Dillard's. JC Penny has been a bit spotty, but that seems to be changing of late.

EricaCD
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
After all the $$$ I have burned through there it's about time! :)

ShannonDragon
11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Metrosexual??

:tongueout

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-15-2006, 02:49 AM
Darnit! I want those shoes and if half of you ladies on here want them too then it will be harder for me to get a pair!:tongueout

Unless you wear a size 12W, you're safe from me. :p