PDA

View Full Version : A Touch Of Joy

Brianna Lovely
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Ladies, this is really about two weekends, but I felt that I just had to share, so I'm putting them in one post.

A couple of weeks ago, I was attending an all male luncheon and being around halloween, I decided to go 'dressed'. Although I got a lot of looks and a few nice compliments, and one comment that my "legs were too thin", my perception was that, while I was accepted in my presentation, I was, perhaps, being shuned. But in the end, a gentleman came up to me and said "You are a lovely man and a beautiful woman". This really made my day and filled me with much joy.

Well, this past weekend, I was staying out of town for a few days. On Friday, I spoke to the male desk clerk, at the office, and he was very helpful and kind. As I was leaving the front desk, he said
"Have a nice stay, honey". Oh my, he called me honey, I got all tingly.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend, but the weather had turned cool, and I really didn't bring any cool weather women's clothing, so I had to dress in my warm, drab, clothes to check out. When I went to the desk, there were both a male (the man I saw Friday) and a female clerk behind the counter. The lady clerk asked if she could help me, but the male clerk said "I'll handle this one" and kind of eased her aside. As we did the check out thing, he said "You looked so nice Friday". Then he lowered his voice, and said "Are you going to get the operation?" I just looked at him for a second, then I giggled and said "Oh no, honey, I'm much too old for that". He put on a great big smile and said "You're not old at all and I think you're beautiful".

Wow, this made me feel so good.

I have no delusions about my physical appearance.

But, a good friend once told me, that many people I meet, do not "see" my physical presentation, but see my "Inner Beauty", and that's what they relate to.

I don't know, but the more I embrace my fem self, the more I feel an inner glow, a warmth, a comfort, a radience, and this makes me feel wonderful. And if I can share this wonderful feeling, with other people I meet and touch their lives for a moment, I'll always be a happy girl.

Victoria Anne
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Good for you dear I'm glad to hear such a nice story,someday I will find the courage to go out. oh btw there is a saying I just love." Age is only a number,if you dont mind it doesnt matter":hugs:

SherriePall
11-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Brianna -- Two beautiful stories. But to be shunned at the all-male luncheon reminds me of when Dustin Hoffman did "Tootsie." I read somewhere at the time that he, too, was shunned by many of the male crew when he was dressed. Do we really treat GG's that way when a group of guys are together?

Brianna Lovely
11-14-2006, 04:49 AM
I didn't know about the Dustin Hoffman crew reaction. But perhaps people have been "hammered" by society, about what's "acceptable" behavior, for so long, that their initial reaction is almost instinctive. Fight, fleight or ignor.

As far as GGs go, I had never really thought about it. I suppose many men still discriminate against GGs, whether by ignoring them, or making rude comments and whistles, to bolster their own lack of self confidence.

kaitlin
11-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi Brianna, It sounds like you had a once in a life time GREAT moment! (desk clerk) I can only dream about how it must have made you feel. And as far as the "much to old" thing, If you can remember where you are when ya get up in the morning, your not to old!!! Kaitlin

Brianna Lovely
11-14-2006, 11:11 AM
If you can remember where you are when ya get up in the morning, your not to old!!! Kaitlin

Thank you, honey, I always think that it's a beautiful day, when I wake up, giggle. Of course, if I don't wake up, I won't care any more.

Life is about loving each other and having fun.

Charleen
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Beautiful in all ways! Love and xxxx, Lily