PDA

View Full Version : Are you a lesbian?

Sejd
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Society has this thing about putting all of us in boxes. You are either a CD, a TG, a BS and on adn on. Being a man who likes to be a woman (wish I could dress like that all the time) I am more happy with my SO than I ever was. Does that make me a, excuse the box term, a lesbian. I have the great fortune that my wife is (again a box) bisexual, and that makes for the perfect combination. But if we love women, are we not lesbians? What do you think.
huggs
Sejd

GG Vanya
11-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Not in my opinion. You're simply a dual gendered male who loves the woman in your life. :happy: When ya get down to the brass tacks of it a lesbian is a genetic female who is attracted to other genetic females.

I've encountered a few GG lesbians who find it offensive that CD's refer to themselves as lesbians. <shrug>

Kimkandy
11-14-2006, 01:12 AM
If you're a guy and you like/love women your a hetrosexual wether you crossdress or not.

If you have surgery and become a Transexual and are still attracted to or have sex with women then I think you could argue that you would be a Lesbian Transexual.

Only my opinion, I'm not an expert or a Doctor. Does it matter that much it's just a label? You are what you are.

Kim

Emma England
11-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I have never regarded myself as a lesbian.

That is just a fantasy amongst many crossdressers.

Wendy me
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
once again one of those hard thought out threads.... and quite silly as well ...
look leave the nice lesbian's out of this thing we do... they are nice people and we are no more lesbian's then they are men... should we spend more time being happy with who we are and less time trying to have a reason for everything .... we are simply people ... all the same and quite different at the same time.......

Sexy_Jennifer
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
In my opinion it's all just empty wordplay. People look to words and labels in order to find some sort of external banner from which they can gain an identity and 'objectivize' themselves. But the human soul is the only thing to which a label will not stick; it is too fluid, always transcending itself.

Other people can mistakenly try to categorize us, because to them we ARE similar to external objects. But to ourselves, we must always remain without real qualification, without real identity... we are absurd and mysterious, that is all we can know about ourselves.

Janailene
11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
You are, what you are. Lesbian, gay bi, it is all just a discription of you.

Karren H
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Nahhhh...but I'm willing to learn!!! Hehe.

Saw this show on LOGO (gay and lesbian channel) last night called "Power Lesbians". And it was a really cool show.... About all the influiential women that are bi or lesbians out in California!! But didn't get to see the whole show....had study math with the son!!! Welcome to my reality!! :)

Kind of made me want to "go west young man". Ahhhh "woman". :)

Love Karren

Lisa Golightly
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm a Lisa. :)

KateW
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM

I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to be a Lisa...

suzy
11-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I think we all need to listen to the sound advice offered... Thanks to KimKandy and Wendy Me!!!

We are NOT lesbians except in our dreams... what a silly concept in the first place!:D

murphysd2004
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
A label is just that: a label. In many cases, it is an exaltation of form over substance. In my experience, in evaluating what something is, you should look to the substance, rather than a label.

Many wish to have some sort of label in order to quantify themselves, or feel better about their own associations. Instead, enjoy what you do (whether dressing or otherwise), and love who you love.

Sedona
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Lesbians can only be GGs in my book. Me, I'm a guy who REALLY likes women.

Cheers,

CaptLex
11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Lesbians can only be GGs in my book. Me, I'm a guy who REALLY likes women.
What about an MtF TS who is attracted to women? Are these not lesbians?
As an FtM TS who is attracted to men, I consider myself a gay man. Isn't it the same in reverse?

terrinoble
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
OK. I have a cousin who is a lesbian. She is the first family member I came out to. She had been in the army a while and was stationed in Baghdad three years ago. I stayed with her and her girlfriend during the summer (she lived closer to where I temporarily worked at the time); the three of us went to Atlanta Pride together. She labeled me an "honorary dyke," perhaps jokingly, but I feel like I have much in common with woman-loving women.
She inspired for the most part the lead character in a webcomic I drew (offline at the moment).
I have nothing but respect and high regard for lesbians, and not in the prurient way many straight guys do. I've posted in the forums at technodyke.com (http://www.technodyke.com/forums), which are inclusive to transpeople.
It may just be a label to some, but yes, I'd call myself lesbian.

Read this blog entry (http://venusview.blogspot.com/) titled "Sometimes 'T' is for tough" - about a lesbian accompanying her FTM spouse to Southern Comfort. I agree with her last statement: "At a time in our nation’s history when the slings and barbs of the radical right are assaulting all of us, it behooves us to gather and find strength in numbers. It can be done."

Shadeauxmarie
11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
"What if I was born with a female spirit trapped in my body and I didn't know about it because she was a lesbian? How would you know?"

Gallagher

Sedona
11-14-2006, 04:45 PM
What about an MtF TS who is attracted to women? Are these not lesbians?
As an FtM TS who is attracted to men, I consider myself a gay man. Isn't it the same in reverse?

Good point, but I still go with the webster definition: of or relating to homosexuality between females

The rub is how to define female. I studied a ton of biology in college, so am pretty by-the-book with my definition (it's all about the plumbing, and the genes).

Biological gender sometimes differs from societal gender, which is how many folks define it.

But, who cares how I or anybody else defines it. If one wants to go with a lesbian, or gay, or anything else title, that's just fine with me! If I met you on the street, I'd call you CaptLex, and the heck with anybody else who thinks differently.

ReginaK
11-14-2006, 10:40 PM

A Lisabian?:heehee:

Scotty
11-14-2006, 10:44 PM

I love your short and direct responses!!! :) :)

Labels, who needs 'em....

trannie T
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm a man who wears dresses who likes women who wear dresses. I doubt if there is a term for that.

Sweet Jane
11-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm not a lesbian...I'm a "normalish" heterosexual man, with no real kinks apart from what you can see in the avatar.

michelle19845
11-15-2006, 01:49 AM
unless i feel differen't after or through transitioning,i tend to be lesbian,not much of a male person either way.

cd_michelle_mpls
11-15-2006, 02:00 AM
i like to think i'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. i wish i was born female, and with all things being equal, i'm a lesbian.

i do not, however, plan to live 24/7 as a crossdresser, or have reassignment surgery. does that mean i'm not a lesbian, i don't know? i suppose i'm not, but the bottom line is that deep down i am a girl who wants to be with a woman, preferable a dominant one, but that's another discussion.

gessella24
11-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Not in my opinion. You're simply a dual gendered male who loves the woman in your life. :happy: When ya get down to the brass tacks of it a lesbian is a genetic female who is attracted to other genetic females.

I've encountered a few GG lesbians who find it offensive that CD's refer to themselves as lesbians. <shrug>

I agree with that too... ideally i would like to be a GG lesbian... perhaps next life, but if i was a GG i would probably think differently too.

melissaK
11-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Hmmm. I was married to a woman who said she was heterosexual, until about 2 years after our divorce when she came out and began living her life as a lesbian. Arguably, during our marriage we were each halfassedly getting what we wanted - me to be more feminine in my behavior, her to live with another woman. So, in a sense I felt like I was a lesbian. But, while I have literally walked a mile in the shoes of a lesbian (I used to borrow her clothes - we were about the same size), I know I do not have the right to claim to fully understand the experience of what my ex really went through to become who she is today. So, no, being CD or TS and still liking women as partners doesn't make me a lesbian.

Angie G
11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
My wife has acceptance to Angie I dress in front of her but she will not sleep with Angie so I'm not a lesbain but I would like to try it :hugs:
Angie

ubokvt
11-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a wonderfully supportive SO. We have a very loving , intimate, physical relationships that sometimes includes what one would term sex. In a turly loving, supportive, nuturing relationship based on honesty, trust, growth and companionship, sex and gender become such a non issue. who cares, if you give and recieve equally as each needs the rest is just old rules, self judgements and words.