PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about doctors

KateW
11-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi girls,

I have a doctors appointment in 30 minutes (nothing serious) and I am very nervous about it. The reason being that I have to take my trousers / underwear off, and it will be the first time that anyone other then my wife has seen my shaved legs, body and other bits.

I'm praying the doctor is a woman! I know they have a million people coming through their doors, and have seen all types of people but this is still kind of a first for me. The only people that ever questioned my plucked eyebrows before were hairdressers, so I'm worried a similar conversation will come up here. lol this could be my potential first coming out of sorts - I'm going red just thinking about it! Or I could just be getting unnecessarilly (is that how you spell it?) worried over nothing.

Either way, please wish me luck and I will keep you posted!

Hugs,

Kate xxx

Wendy me
11-14-2006, 08:42 AM
luck has nothing to do with it... by the end of the day if your doctor even remembers you were shaved it would be a miracle .. thing is i doubt it is ever going to be even given a second thought......

Scotty
11-14-2006, 08:45 AM
I agree with Wendy, go back and read all those posts about shaved legs.

Heck I went and got a tatto and had my entire leg exposed, he had my leg in his hand so I KNOW he knows my legs were shaved - didn't matter ot him as I paid in cash and at the end of the day he'll remember the cash, not my leg.

And if he does remember, I won't be around!!

Keep that in mind, what's he gonna do - run out in teh hallway and yell "So and so has shaved legs!!" ??? :) :)

Nah, that's why they are professionals, be CONFIDENT and just say "Yeah, decided to give that a shot, and I LIKE it".

Confidence is the key, display confidence and nobody will mess with you.

Donna Marie
11-14-2006, 09:11 AM
I've kept my arms, legs, and upper chest shaved for several years now. I've been seen by my male MD, my female skin doctor (too much Florida sunshine for too many years), and my male urologist. I've been Xrayed, CAT-scanned, and all that and never once was there even a hint of any interest in my bare arms, legs, and chest. And I also go out on occasion in the summer in shorts - not so much anymore cuz my legs are soooo skinny and white - and no problemo there either.

Just go for it!

Angie G
11-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Had my yearly physical inseptember after that I shaved my legs for the winter if I must go to the doctor now so what they are my legs if I want to shave I will :hugs:
Angie

Sharon B.
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Don't worry about it, early last month I tripped in a parking lot and thought I sprained my ankle not the case. Toughing it out for a few days wasn't helping none, removed the nail polish off my toes and went to the doctor. Yes, my legs are hairless just like the rest of my body, after an x-ray I had chip my ankle bone and had to have a cast on for 4-weeks. Still can't wear the shoes I want(3-inch heels)but I do keep myself clean shaven.

Lisa Golightly
11-14-2006, 09:53 AM
The only thing I'd be worried about is if they have cold hands... *cough* ;)

Janailene
11-14-2006, 09:55 AM
They will notice but will not say a thing to you. What they say to each other may or may not tag you as a CD/transvestite. What can you do about it? Nothing!! If you wore a bra and panties they still would not say anything!!

KateW
11-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for your comments girls. I just got back from the doctors! It was quite an elderly lady that I saw, and while she thankfully didn't mention my body hair (though i'm sure she noticed), she did give me possibly the oddest compliment (if that's the word) of my life by commenting that my left testicle was a good size. I'm not really sure what to do with that information... put it on my cv perhaps?

Anyway, thanks again. I was just panicing over nothing.

Lisa Golightly
11-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Now that's the oddest chat up line I've ever heard... :)

KateW
11-14-2006, 09:58 AM
haha yeah! I was thinking it was a good thing, but then I thought hey, what about the other one?

Charolette time
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi girls,

I have a doctors appointment in 30 minutes (nothing serious) and I am very nervous about it. The reason being that I have to take my trousers / underwear off, and it will be the first time that anyone other then my wife has seen my shaved legs, body and other bits.

I'm praying the doctor is a woman! I know they have a million people coming through their doors, and have seen all types of people but this is still kind of a first for me. The only people that ever questioned my plucked eyebrows before were hairdressers, so I'm worried a similar conversation will come up here. lol this could be my potential first coming out of sorts - I'm going red just thinking about it! Or I could just be getting unnecessarilly (is that how you spell it?) worried over nothing.

Either way, please wish me luck and I will keep you posted!

Hugs,

Kate xxx

As i:ve said before shaving is all about how you feel, But in my case its two fold, Breast cancer last year had radiation treatments caused 3/4 of my chest hair to burn off, I shave the rest so I dont look funny ,,I breast hairy and one like Mary,:heehee: dont worry they have seen it before and will see it again, lots of use girls even ware panties and bras, and yould be surprised how many complements are given out every day, dont be afraid and if your wife knows dont worry about what anyone else thinks, Love Charolette

DeeInGeorgia
11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Do I sense some prejudice out there???

All this talk about shaving leg hair or body hair and worrying about what people will think. It is just those kinds of thoughts that had me teased unmercifully in high school and made it a lot more difficult finding a wife.

Get over the lack of hair. So men do not have a lot of body hair, some even none. I dated women with more hair on their legs and arms than I had and they didn't have all that much hair at that.

Sorry for the rant. I have just gotten so tired of the implication that there is something wrong with a man without body hair. But I must say to the positive that the disgust people had for men without much body hair did contribute to my crossdressing and thoughts I should have been a woman.

Dee

cathie
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I've been removing the hair from my legs for years because I'm really into road biking (like Lance Armstrong) and quite frankly it feels good. I started recently removing the rets of my body hair and my wife thinks it looks sexy. I don't care what they think and I don't believe most people notice the lack of hair. To quote popeye, "I am what I am" and to quote Stewart Smalley "and gosh darn it I like me".

I think I look good. Body hair to me looks dirty

CaptLex
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Do I sense some prejudice out there???

All this talk about shaving leg hair or body hair and worrying about what people will think. It is just those kinds of thoughts that had me teased unmercifully in high school and made it a lot more difficult finding a wife.

Get over the lack of hair. So men do not have a lot of body hair, some even none.
I don't understand the fuss either. There are plenty of men who shave, wax, pluck or remove their body hair in some fashion. Some are gay, some are straight, and what they have in common is that they'd rather be hairless. Who cares? Is this really a concern where others live and it's just because I live in the big city (and seen it all) that I don't get it? :idontknow:

Daizy Chains
11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I started shaving my legs because of cycling i stopped cycling but not shaving
it has spred tomy chest and back sorry well waxing now.

myMichelle
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
The only thing I'd be worried about is if they have cold hands... *cough* ;)

Turn your head and cough...:cheeky:

KateW
11-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Turn your head and cough...:cheeky:

I actually had to bite my lip because I found it all rather nervously funny. Something about a 60 year old woman complimenting a crossdressers left testicle size seemed rather amusing at the time.

JoAnnDallas
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm part native american, so don't have a lot of hair on my legs or chest anyway. So I shave what there is of it. Never gave it a thought and never has my doctors.

DON"T WORRY ABOUT IT.

Calliope
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Every now and then I'll see some guy guy with no leg hair and I think, 'That's so not fair, whatta waste.' Ah well.

trannie T
11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about your doctor. He will do nothing except call the Transgender Police or worse the Transgender Secret Police.
Your doctor is concerned about your health, not about your underwear or your hairless armpits.

Mary Morgan
11-19-2006, 10:34 PM
It is amazing the things we can come up with to worry about. I told my doctor a long time ago that I was a crossdresser. I got no reaction other than, "thats nice". Last year he sent me to have a colonoscopy at a nearby clinic. My legs were shaved, my eyebrows plucked, my hair dyed, and all they cared about was the inside of my intestines. What does a girl have to do to get some attention?

Billijo49504
11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Shaving, no big deal, some men aren't hairy. I went to a Dr.s appt, with bra marks for a EKG. I just figured iof someone said anything, I'd tell them, the puppies had cold noses....BJ

Charolette time
11-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your comments girls. I just got back from the doctors! It was quite an elderly lady that I saw, and while she thankfully didn't mention my body hair (though i'm sure she noticed), she did give me possibly the oddest compliment (if that's the word) of my life by commenting that my left testicle was a good size. I'm not really sure what to do with that information... put it on my cv perhaps?

Anyway, thanks again. I was just panicing over nothing.

your left testicle is a good size,:devil: Does that mean that your right one is an under achiver:heehee: :heehee: and were her hands cold, :rolleyes: keep on tucking(pun on keep on trucking:heehee: ) love Charolette

Sierra Evon
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I think to that its alot of worrie for nothing and they are your legs , soo what doctors are doctors, I myself have'nt had a physical for many years done , but when I do go in I'm not changing a thing about myself just all goes back to be happy and proud of who you are in life , :2c:

cajunkittycat
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
At one time, a few years ago, while still active duty Army, I was under the military docs orders to shave both my armpits for 3 months straight. Actually was on my written profile, due to a surgical incision under one arm that didn't want to heal properly. Got a few odd looks from some NCOs but no one said anything to me.

KateW
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I think I am accident prone this week! In a separate incident, I was passing my wife her work jumper, and her namebadge pin went through the bottom of my thumb and up into my knuckle. I had to get a tetinus shot from the doctor for it. My third problem occurred yesterday (don't laugh!!!) when I was shaving my chest in the shower, and inadvertantly almost shaved my nipple clean off. Luckily (if you can call it that?!?) it only got cut a third of the way through, but it was very cold outside today, and it hurt like hell!

Scotty
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
My third problem occurred yesterday (don't laugh!!!) when I was shaving my chest in the shower, and inadvertantly almost shaved my nipple clean off. Luckily (if you can call it that?!?) it only got cut a third of the way through, but it was very cold outside today, and it hurt like hell!

OMG My nipples tightened up just THINKING Of that, OMG OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am off to the doctor tomorrow to get the blood tests, and I'm more nervous about explaining myself to the doc although she is TG friendly I have to explain that I am doing this out of order and backwards......

What to wear......well first time there and never out in full femme will be girls jeans, purple T-Shirt, earrings, bra and panties as usual.....legs are freshly shaved......no fear there.

Then I can schedule with the psychologist and I will go full femme there.....the second time :)

Audry
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I was in that predicament ounce with a sprainded ankle Nobody asked about
but had they said something I could have said I was a wieght lifter or a bicycle rider or something Good luck,,,,,, Audry

Janice Ann
11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Dr's -- so what ! 2 years ago I got pnemonia and ended up in the hospital, I was just to sick to care what they thought, (if they did) So now I have taken numerous test for about everything and no longer worry about the Dr's or nurses, The nurses seem to more friendly if they see me shaved- ??
I still put on a pair of mens boxers for these trips,

JoAnnDallas
11-21-2006, 11:52 AM
My nail tech has comented on how nice and smooth my legs are. Makes me smile.

Charolette time
11-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I think I am accident prone this week! In a separate incident, I was passing my wife her work jumper, and her namebadge pin went through the bottom of my thumb and up into my knuckle. I had to get a tetinus shot from the doctor for it. My third problem occurred yesterday (don't laugh!!!) when I was shaving my chest in the shower, and inadvertantly almost shaved my nipple clean off. Luckily (if you can call it that?!?) it only got cut a third of the way through, but it was very cold outside today, and it hurt like hell!

nipple nipple whos got the nipple,:heehee: hope they were able to sew it back on, any one got milk:heehee: :heehee: good thing its not that cold out yet, imagine how hard they try to pucker up, and one turning to the right or left:devil: you just gotta be more careful, next time when your in the shower you could be shaving a little lower on your body:straightface: ouch::""::""

Love Charolette, left nipple gone from breast cancer

psdibe
11-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I visit my doctor for the second year in a row with shaved legs and under arms first year nohing said and I dont think or do I care if there is and qyestions. i won't wear panties though I will wear my old jocky shorts, what a shame.Hugs Debbie

psdibe
11-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Went to the doctor today, legs and underarms shaved. scond year in a row. we talked about all kinds of things. nothing was said about no hair. Just do what feels right it will work out.
Hugs Debbie

Glenda58
11-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Been going to my Doctor for years with it all shaved and in panties. The last time I had just taken my bra off at home before I went and I know the lines were showing because they were still there when I got home. So I know she knows. Doesn't say a thing just worry about my health.