PDA

View Full Version : Busy week

terrigurl
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
This is a little late, but during Halloween week, I was very busy. On the day before, I went to a salon, had a makeover, then visited a Curves salon, which is a women's workout gym. I had a certificate for a free 2-week trial membership, but all I wanted was to have some pictures taken on some of the equipment. The lady there gave me an application to fill out, but I asked her if she knew that I was a man. She did not realize that I was a man. That made my day!
Then on Wednesday, I had a photo session at Glamour Shots, with 5 different outfits: miniskirt and top, knee-length skirt and top, minipants with top, gaucho pants and top, and capris and top. I chose the skirt and top as the best one, and ordered a sheet of wallet size photos.
Finally, on Thursday, I went to another salon for a makeover, then stopped by an Avenue store and did a little shopping and visited with the sales associates that I know.
It was a wonderful week.

Terri

Charolette time
11-14-2006, 02:03 PM
This is a little late, but during Halloween week, I was very busy. On the day before, I went to a salon, had a makeover, then visited a Curves salon, which is a women's workout gym. I had a certificate for a free 2-week trial membership, but all I wanted was to have some pictures taken on some of the equipment. The lady there gave me an application to fill out, but I asked her if she knew that I was a man. She did not realize that I was a man. That made my day!
Then on Wednesday, I had a photo session at Glamour Shots, with 5 different outfits: miniskirt and top, knee-length skirt and top, minipants with top, gaucho pants and top, and capris and top. I chose the skirt and top as the best one, and ordered a sheet of wallet size photos.
Finally, on Thursday, I went to another salon for a makeover, then stopped by an Avenue store and did a little shopping and visited with the sales associates that I know.
It was a wonderful week.

Terri

Did not know that curves for woman let us in, Theres one near my home but dress enfemm and knowing the ladies there would make it hard to use neighbors do not know that I cd and I live in a very small town, involved with some civic organizations, maybe I:ll find one in another town, just bought a new sports bra, and shorts, would be a good way too shed these extra pounds I:ve put on lately ,seeing that the holidays are coming, but sure sounds like you had ablast im envious of you, Love Charolette:hugs:

JenniferMint
11-14-2006, 02:14 PM

What did she say? Isn't it supposed to be women-only?

terrigurl
11-15-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't think that they can refuse a man for membership, due to anti-discrimination laws, but I wouldn't push my luck. I had talked with the owner/manager about a year ago and she had told me that I could come in for pictures, but she never called me back about when to come in. I will try again this year. I am hopeful.

Terri

rosiegurl
11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I have found that those discrimination laws tend to only get enforced one way, have always been tempted to try and join there and see if they would refuse me cause I was a man.

like scouts though, girls can join scouts, but boys can't join the girl guides, which is a shame, as I probably would of if given the choice when I was younger *grins*