PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Outside The Box

tightsgirl
11-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I am pretty much a libertarian, so I have not felt well represented by the government the last six years.

I have come to accept my crossdressing, I have a lot of questions about it and have wanted to see a shrink about it but I didn't want to feel as if they are going to cure me of it. I just want a better understandng of my behaviour. I don't want to be cured of CDing.

I really try to think outside box with ever other aspect of my life, society likes to dictate to you right and wrong up and down and blue is for boys and pink is for girls..... I say **** That!

My question is about thinking outside the box. What sort of things do you do outside the box related to CDing?

Karren H
11-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I've turned my box inside out already and am always pushing the envelope.......crossdressing wise... Changing genders on the fly, where ever there's place and some time... Exploring new locals enfemme....shopping enfemme....

And I don't need to explore why I do this because when it comes right down to it.....knowing why won't change a thing! I fear everyone is over analyzing this and the only one that makes out is the shrinks.... But that's just my opinion....

Got to run......got an hour to spare so let's go get pretty!!! Hehe

Love Karren

Bernadina
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I think that all I ever do with the box is take my shoes out of it.

soccervixen
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Um, well, I'm wearing pink Barely There full briefs today under my office work clothes. I think all CDing is "outside the box" since it is behavior which is 1) not understood by society at large; 2) flies in the face of socially-defined gender rules; and 3) is not understood by many who engage in it! The "box" can be a good thing for limiting harmful personal choices in society (we need laws protecting people, like against rape, murder, etc.), but boxes by definition are meant to contain.

That being said, my dressing will always be "in the box" I think, since I don't really desire to be female (i.e., transgendered), but I do enjoy dressing in "women's clothes" (as defined by the box!).

Jenna1561
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I am pretty much a libertarian, so I have felt well represented by the government the last six years.

I have come to accept my crossdressing, I have a lot of questions about it and have wanted to see a shrink about it but I didn't want to feel as if they are going to cure me of it. I just want a better understandng of my behaviour. I don't want to be cured of CDing.

I really try to think outside box with ever other aspect of my life, society likes to dictate to you right and wrong up and down and blue is for boys and pink is for girls..... I say **** That!

My question is about thinking outside the box. What sort of things do you do outside the box related to CDing?

Well, to answer your question, I don't think that I really do anything "out of the box" when crossdressing. I am a very stable and conservative person in both my male and enfemme lives. I dress, go shopping, clean, play on the computer and shoot pictures - nothing extravagant. I live in a small town and know no other CD/TG/TS girls in the area so I don't go out clubbing, but then again I don't go out much in male mode either. So I guess I'm pretty much stuck "In the box."

Now, for your 1st statement. You say that you are a Libertarian and that you felt well represented by the government these past six years. Do you not feel that each American's basic civil liberties and rights have been trampled on and reduced these last 5 years in the name of National Security? I know that this is the wrong forum for this question, but since you mentioned it right off, I felt compelled to ask.

Jenna

Kimberley
11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I am just curious why you put yourself into the box in the first place. For instance, what exactly does political posture have to do with sex or gender issues? What does religious belief have to do with this other than "certain people of enlightenment" saying it's wrong? (Believe me you could hear the sarcasm of that statement if you were here.) What does anything external to yourself have to do with HOW YOU FEEL?

Look this IS about how we feel, not about boxes, politics, religion, race, colour or any other label or constraint that is imposed either internally or externally. One cannot deny their feelings only try to understand and accept them.

I take exception to the remark that psych is of no value and I am sure I speak for many many others on this forum in that. Many people suffer from a host of maladies that complicate ones transgender identities. THESE other issues are what are or should be addressed. Any informed pdoc knows that being transgendered cannot be cured any more than sexual orientation can be cured. It is the conflicts with other influences that need to be understood before you can even begin to open the pandora's box of gender.

Having said that let's not get into the p***ing contest that being CD is not transgendered. We are all transgendered to greater or lesser degrees or we would not be here.

So, quit thinking about the box and burn it. Then start thinking about you, your feelings, wants and needs. Then there is no box for you.

Kimberley

shannonsilk
11-14-2006, 02:01 PM
i think i read once where a century ago or something it was the other way around. boys wore pink and girls were in blue.

tightsgirl
11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, to answer your question, I don't think that I really do anything "out of the box" when crossdressing. I am a very stable and conservative person in both my male and enfemme lives. I dress, go shopping, clean, play on the computer and shoot pictures - nothing extravagant. I live in a small town and know no other CD/TG/TS girls in the area so I don't go out clubbing, but then again I don't go out much in male mode either. So I guess I'm pretty much stuck "In the box."

Now, for your 1st statement. You say that you are a Libertarian and that you felt well represented by the government these past six years. Do you not feel that each American's basic civil liberties and rights have been trampled on and reduced these last 5 years in the name of National Security? I know that this is the wrong forum for this question, but since you mentioned it right off, I felt compelled to ask.

Jenna

I didn't realise the typo sorry I ment to say I have not felt well represented the last 6 years.

AprilMae
11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Ask yourself Why do you want to see a shrink. Is CDing causing negative issues in your life? You can find a lot of answers here and from other places on your own, and save yourself a 100 bucks an hour in the process. Then you can spend that money on clothes. That's what I call "Thinking Out of the Box". (I am so tired of hearing that cliche)

Charleen
11-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Boxing is such a brutal sport! All that punching and violence. What? Outside the box? Not boxing?..................... Never mind.

Scotty
11-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I went hunting in my blue dress once.....only I left my rifle in the truck.

I tanned in a bikini inside of a life raft on a remote lake and watched the largest bald eagle I ever saw from 25 feet away.

I left my shoes off with pink toenails for the pizza guy, with earrings in. (That got a smile and a quick exit).

Next step is to get OUT of the box and go out with the other CD/TG girls

DeeInGeorgia
11-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Growing long fingernails and wearing them to work. Sewing my own clothes. taking a year of Ballet, dancing both the mens position and the womens position in Square Dancing, helping my wife make quilts.

Butterfly Bill
11-14-2006, 10:19 PM

Keeping my beard. Not wearing makeup or jewelry. Driving cross country to Rainbow Gatherings in a dress. Absolutely not caring if I pass (unless I get behind a guy going slower than me on a two lane road).

vbcdgrl
11-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Just being a CDer is "outside the box" enough for me. My drab activities are pretty mainstream, although I don't drink alcohol and could care less about football.

Vikki

Calliope
11-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Keeping my beard.

Yup, BB (sorta my [anti?]hero) really has left the box waay behind. (My vote's for BB - um, I think.) My small contribution is rejecting bras and breastforms and just letting my inner granny go to town. Politics? I used to be a (card-carrying) member of the Communist Party but they're just as boring as everyone else. Britney Spears' next album, I think, will be the fem Sgt Pepper - how's that for OTB?

Kate Simmons
11-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Heh, I'm the original "outside the box" thinker. I explore my male/female/male persona. Richard crossdresses as Ericka. Ericka crossdresses as Eric. Ericka sometimes looks nice but wears guy clothes. I'm an independent thinker and my own person. I get all kinds of reactions. I don't do it for "shock value", I'm simply expressing my feelings and not afraid to "mix and match" them. Most have come to expect the unexpected from me. It's all part of being myself.:happy: Ericka/Rich

axdressa
11-15-2006, 06:34 AM
you have said yourself that you dont want to be cured of the cding so i am just wondering why the hell you need to know why you are doing it .... if it is what you want to do then do it .... why spend money seeing a shrink just to tell you that it is something that you want to do .... all you are doing is helping the shrink pay his bills .... all i have to say is DONT see the shrink save the money for some nice femme clothes you will feel a lot better

hugz Mallisa :love: