PDA

View Full Version : Being called a woman when in drab

Girdlewoman
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
It happened to me yesterday. I'm a substitute teacher and in one class I heard several students asking among themselves if I was a man or a woman. I had long hair in the 60's and that was a common comment weather it was what one was trying to do or not. However, I was just in boy mode and didn't think I looked particularly fem. But I'm getting older, 56, and perhaps I am becoming naturally more androgynous. I'm not sure. I don't think I present like anything other than male,I don't think I act effeminently(with all due respect to those who do, and that just fine,I'm just trying to paint a word picture about myself.) I'm not an athlete type either. I'm more of the musician/teacher/artist type. Just thought I would pass this on as I read a similar thread on this the other day. Peace, Girdlewoman

KarenSusan
11-14-2006, 08:17 PM
If someone thought I was a woman when I was in drab, that would give me tremendous confidence to go out dressed.

joanlynn28
11-14-2006, 09:35 PM
It happens to me more and more when in drab, which is infrequent now. I think feminine and getting more feminine in my gestures and mannerisms. Just wait when the hormones start getting ahold of me. Then it gives me great confidence to pass even when I have no intentions of passing.

MissAlyssa
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow thats never happened to me it would give me a lot of confidence if it did.

DeeInGeorgia
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
It is happening to me less and less since my wife mandates I keep my hair short since I came out to her. Before, I would let my hair grow longish and from the back and side, I would get called Ma'am a lot.

Jenna1561
11-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Happens to me at times, usually until they hear my voice. Love being called maam when in guy mode. Really does boost my confidence for passing when enfemme.

Jenna

Sexy_Jennifer
11-14-2006, 10:03 PM
This last weekend I was out on the tiles at my favourite nightclub, en drab but with plenty of mascara and eyeliner on. Anyway, the next morning back at home I was deeply hungover and still had the make-up on, and I had a blanket swathed around my head (It's getting cold here in the UK!!) and my GF looked at me and said, "You know, you actually look like a woman!". I was so chuffed! She doesn't even know that I crossdress!

Scotty
11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow, that is cool!!!

Well I had short hair last summer, but I had 2 people tell me from the back it looked like I had a womans body while I was in a wetsuit......well it WAS a womans wetsuit I just didn't tell anyone, plus the hormones have sorta modified that view for them.

I'm curious what will happen NEXT summer, my hair is already growing out.

I hope to have that happen to me too :)

And Jennifer THAT is awesome!!

AprilMae
11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Stevie Wonder wouldn't mistake me for a woman..........

livy_m_b
11-15-2006, 06:48 AM
Leaving the Y other day with my so, the attendant said "Have a good day, ladies!" Yes!

Modesty Blaise
11-15-2006, 08:28 AM
I've been taken for a girl about ten times (I confess I am counting :heehee: ) Although mostly from behind/slight distance/not in the full focus of the observers attention. I think it is mainly because I've got slightly longer (though it used to be more so) than average hair. I'm also the classic ectomorph, 5'8" and 57kg (125.4lbs!). It often takes the "hello ladies" form when I'm out with my SO (she doesn't know I'm CD :( but has commented a number times that I look feminine) but the absolute best time was in a Frankie and Bennies, in full light, when the waiter came and said "would you like any desert ladies?" I said yes we'd like the Sundae and he left quietly and gave us the big portion with extra toppings! :D
I'm not sure if this would translate into better luck actually passing enfemme, or weather the masculine inconsistencies would attract peoples attention and make them look harder? Who cares I love it when it happens and my SO thinks it funny!

BTW, Jennifer great look, I like the idea of starting an enfemme myspace page. If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Yorkshire?

Best wishes
Modesty

LisaRose
11-15-2006, 08:38 AM
If someone thought I was a woman when I was in drab, that would give me tremendous confidence to go out dressed.

Ditto

I'm extrememly envious. The opposite happened to me yesterday. As usual I was skirted but, as most would say, en drab. (Someone in an earlier post coined the term 'en fab. I really like that phrasiology). The clerks at Wally Mart and Home Depot seemed to make an extra effort to say 'sir'. It's almost as if they needed to emphasize the aspect that I'm a man even though I'm in a skirt. Reinforcing their comfort zone, I guess. +?

Sexy_Jennifer
11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
BTW, Jennifer great look, I like the idea of starting an enfemme myspace page. If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Yorkshire?

Many thanks, Modesty! :happy: Location-wise, I'm in East Yorkshire, in a small town near deepest dankest Hull. Are you up North too?

You should get a myspace page because it's a fun experiment to gauge peoples' reactions, if nothing else... and it makes you realise just how many lame chat-up e-mails girls have to endure from sad straight guys! Now why couldn't I have got that much attention from girls when I had a male myspace page? :mad:

terrinoble
11-15-2006, 11:07 AM
When in butch mode I often get called ma'am by store clerks. It got so I become disappointed if one should call me sir.

Angie G
11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Happened to me one time way back when my hair was down past my shoulders from the back I liked it :hugs:
Angie

linnea
11-15-2006, 12:24 PM
I would love to have this happen. It never has when I've been dressed in drab. I would like to do some more body sculpting--weight loss and corset training--to enhance my fem shape. I'm not likely to go on hormones, but I've heard that with age a man's testosterone drops and estrogen rises. I would like that.

Josie06
11-15-2006, 01:31 PM
I too think that would be a confidence builder .. and quite exhillerating.

Rachel Morley
11-15-2006, 11:20 PM
But I'm getting older, 56, and perhaps I am becoming naturally more androgynous. I'm not sure.
Oooh...I hope I get naturally more androgynous :D

I think this is totally awesome (sorry if you think otherwise). For myself, androgyny is where I identify on the gender expression scale. I don't think of myself as a "regular man", yet I know I'm not a woman either....so where am I?...somewhere in the middle.....a feminine man? Anyway, I would be highly delighted if this happened to me. The nearest thing I've gotten to this is when on a recent trip to Las Vegas I met someone who, for a moment, didn't know what gender I was. I wrote about it in my blog.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-P8CzasowdaH5WC.GdwVkpuiCrQIk6Jlx?p=18

I agree with the others, getting thought of like this en drab will give you tons of confidence when en femme.

Eugenie
11-16-2006, 03:51 AM
It happens to me often when I'm on the phone (in DRAB or not :D )

It did happened a few time in stores when the sales attendant or the cashier hadn't yet looked at me (I'm rather masculine as a male).

The reason for both is that I have a rather high pitched voice...

In the second case, in stores, I get embarassed excuses from the person who called me "maam" but always say" Not to worry." or something like that, with a big smile. They don't know this smile is an expression of sheer pleasure.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Janailene
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes, many times I have been addressed as a woman or years ago a girl. However, the frequency is directly proportional to my weight. Two years ago I was skiing and the chair attendent said " Have a good day miss". Decades ago my Mothers friends always said that I should have been born a girl because I looked more like a girl than a boy. They even called me by the feminine name of my real name. In the 70's I set my hair in rollers regularly and one of them asked if I wanted to go to the salon with her for a perm.

Carroll
11-16-2006, 09:43 AM
all the time on the phone I am called ma'am. Sometimes I correct others I dont.

Modesty Blaise
11-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Many thanks, Modesty! :happy: Location-wise, I'm in East Yorkshire, in a small town near deepest dankest Hull. Are you up North too?

You should get a myspace page because it's a fun experiment to gauge peoples' reactions, if nothing else... and it makes you realise just how many lame chat-up e-mails girls have to endure from sad straight guys! Now why couldn't I have got that much attention from girls when I had a male myspace page? :mad:

Hi Jennifer
Yeah I'm in Manchester. The myspace idea sounds great :D , it would be a wonderful way of getting out and about in cyberspace. Does your picture get sent round people when you join though? My SO has a page there and the thought of her finding out by accident (I am intending to tell her, atr some point) is too awful to contemplate. You said your GF doesn't know, does anyone else?
By the way I'm new here is this how to carry out a conversation? or should I start a new thread or send messages(how do you do that by the way?)?
Oh no that was liked ?squared! at least I have the ! to fall back on!
Best
Modesty
Must write witty signature

Jere Oneil
11-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Happens to me at times, usually until they hear my voice. Love being called maam when in guy mode. Really does boost my confidence for passing when enfemme.

Jenna

I'm just the opposite, I get called mam a lot on the telephone, and I, so far at least have no intention of trying to pass. My SO accepts me in lingerie and other women's things "at home" but I think if I shaved my beard and tried to look more femine she would be a lot less accepting. But, then, she does surprise me on occasion.