PDA

View Full Version : Quick fashion tip

tall_brianna
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Actually I think I'm going to wear it anyway, but I'm hanging out with mixed friends tonight that don't know. Mostly straight and a couple of openly gay ones. My question is how femme does the pic look? Who will notice that the jacket is a womens with out looking at the tag? The seams running right to the breast might be a give away.

I bet that none of the guys notice. They may sense an overall more feminine look, but will not be able to identify it. The GGs on the other hand... they notice this stuff.

And then what to say?

Honest answer: I saw it online and liked it. Yes, I knew it was a womens jacket, so?

Almost honest answer: I saw it online and liked it. I thought it might be a womens jacket... eh, still like it.

Flat out lie: No way, really? So that's what TL means. Ohhh.... I still like it.

-b

melissacd
11-14-2006, 08:38 PM
I think that it looks perfectly fine.

Charleen
11-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Looks good to me, but what do I know? The buttons tell it's femme. It all depends on your comfort level. Me, I wear a femme denim jacket that closes the "wrong" way, and no one has said anything. even went out tonite to get some drab trousers for work, and wore a pair of jeans that are unmistakably femme, a pull over blouse and the jacket and got nary a glance. If they are friends, the only thing you should hear tonight is how the jacket looks on you. Enjoy yourself! Love and xxxx, Lily

Sweet Jane
11-14-2006, 08:45 PM
..looks just fine to me. I don't think you'll have much explaining to do...unless you plan on teaming it up with a skirt!!!

LaurenS.
11-14-2006, 08:58 PM
It's nice but obviously a women's jacket. If you don't care if they notice, it's no big deal. If you do care then ...they will definately notice.
Lauren

CaptLex
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Hmmm . . . lookin' good, Brianna . . . :daydreaming: . . . I'm sorry, what was the question? Something about a jacket . . . ?

Shannon CD
11-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I once bought a woman's leather trench coat from Gotschalks. It just hung on me right and looked pretty cool. My buddy (who does not dress) is the one who told me about it. We bought them at the same time and wore them with male clothes. I don't think you'll have a problem.

NatalieBliss
11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
What tells me it's a ladies jacket (other than you) is how it sweeps out at the bottom. Mens jackets just don't do that. Also the height of the buttons and the side they are on, mens tend to be lower and well on the other side. That being said if I was hanging out with a guy friend and he was wearing that jacket, I probably wouldn't even notice. The ladies might catch it though!

Adrienne Heels
11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I have been wearing a womens leather jacket when out shopping in drab and no one has noticed....I say go for it !!

vbcdgrl
11-15-2006, 12:49 AM
HMMMM, buttons on the left. A dead givaway.

Vikki

sandra-leigh
11-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Who will notice that the jacket is a womens with out looking at the tag? The seams running right to the breast might be a give away.

I have an off-white womens' jacket, two button, that I've worn at work, and no-one has noticed that it is womens' (or at least no-one has said anything.) I know people have seen me in it (not a given at my work, as I don't share an office): my boss commented on it one time (just on the fact that it was a jacket, since I'm not known for wearing more formal clothes.)

Which reminds me, I should pull it back from storage, as my office gets chilly...

Scotty
11-15-2006, 01:09 AM
I like it!
It is a giveaway with the buttons, but will a guy notice it? Maybe openly gay guy? (I notice many gay people I know are more trendy, fashionable)......

:)

Billijo49504
11-15-2006, 01:17 AM
I think it looks great. And it kinda gives you a fem shape. Hope you had fun...BJ

GG Vanya
11-15-2006, 01:39 AM
The seams running to the breast are actually darts or gores, intented to allow for fullness of the breasts yet contour in for the waist.

It's not so much the buttons that give it away to me. Granted, I'm a GG and recognize more things, but it's the length of the jacket. Mens' jackets (of this style) tend to end below the hips.

Just an observation, but this jacket looks a tad small for you? Can you actually button it comfortably, or will it be too snug when buttoned?

In any case, if you like the style, by all means wear and enjoy it!

linnea
11-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Just an observation, but this jacket looks a tad small for you? Can you actually button it comfortably, or will it be too snug when buttoned?

I agree with Vanya: if you like the style, wear it and enjoy it. I also agree with her observation that it appears to be a bit small for you. Perhaps that's just how you're wearing it for the photo. I would not be comfortable in it if I couldn't button it, but that's me. I think that it looks fem, and if I were going to wear it, I would be sure I had decided how I would answer the questions that might come up.

I hope that you have a wonderful time and don't worry about it.

tall_brianna
11-15-2006, 02:04 AM
No, no one noticed and yes it is a bit small! Damn it! No wonder GGs have body issues, you wear a medium or size 12 top and then the tall large doesn’t fit! Damn shoulders. But I don’t want to be a T2 :cry: :lol:

Actually, I think the tall-medium of the same jacket that I wore in the first day at work picks fit exactly the same which is why I returned it for the tall-large.

Thanks for being honest ;)

-b

Dawn29680
11-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Looks fine to me. See no issues to explain.

Kate Simmons
11-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Looks okay to me, Hon.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Deedee_tv
11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
I'd definately wear that. It is fitted really nice. It looks good on you.

Deedee_tv

murphysd2004
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Other than it being slightly too small, it looks great on you.

KateW
11-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Maybe I'm just not very observent, but I can't recall ever checking what side a persons buttons were on. If anything, I would say the shape of the jacket is more of a giveaway, as it goes in at the waist. But then, I am no jacket expert either, and decent men's jackets probably do that too!

Um... you look great - just go for it!

Charolette time
11-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Actually I think I'm going to wear it anyway, but I'm hanging out with mixed friends tonight that don't know. Mostly straight and a couple of openly gay ones. My question is how femme does the pic look? Who will notice that the jacket is a womens with out looking at the tag? The seams running right to the breast might be a give away.

I bet that none of the guys notice. They may sense an overall more feminine look, but will not be able to identify it. The GGs on the other hand... they notice this stuff.

And then what to say?

Honest answer: I saw it online and liked it. Yes, I knew it was a womens jacket, so?

Almost honest answer: I saw it online and liked it. I thought it might be a womens jacket... eh, still like it.

Flat out lie: No way, really? So that's what TL means. Ohhh.... I still like it.

-b

The way its cut and the long pretty finger nails may be a give away, did you notice that I noticed the finger nails, mine are fairly long also, except the 2 that I use to hunt and peck, old typewriter slang, Real pretty go for it, who cares its yours and it looks great on you, Love Charolette