PDA

View Full Version : Hair style?

kristi cd
01-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Just wondering if there is a certain hair style that is better for us "girls" than others. Is it more dependent on each individual or is there a certain style that better hides the "non femme features" than another. EG Long curly vs. short straight, etc.

Fallen Angel
01-11-2005, 12:51 AM
kristi, a dont wear very, very long hair but its shoulder length. im dark skinned so with make up on i were a aulburn color. i dress gothic and female vamps have the red hair,i used to wear strait hair but now i like the tina turner cuts it makes my face look smaller

Sweet Susan
01-11-2005, 02:30 AM
I like longer hair, though I would love to get a good wig with a "bobbie" cut.

Sharon
01-11-2005, 02:35 AM
There are no rules on hairstyles, just as there are none for GG's. You just need to find the one you like the best, and then make it work for you!
It wasn't so long ago that women never had long hair once they hit their forties or foifties. Nowadays, you see many, and some of them look great, even a few with gray or silver hair.

Lily_gg
01-11-2005, 07:19 AM
It depends a great deal on your face shape - there are several basic shapes, not sure if this is the complete list (TamaraGG, you know about beauty stuff, help a girl out wouldya?) but here goes: square, heart shaped, oval, round. To find out which you are, draw a line around the reflection of your face in the mirror with lippie or something (or ask a good hairdresser). Then have a look in girlie hair magazines for looks that suit that face shape, and any other tips on making the most of your good bits and hiding the bad bits.

Me, I look terrible with long 'curtain' type hair, and really very young (in a chubby teenager way unfortunately). With a shorter layered style, I look like an attractive grown up (or so I like to think :p) - it's all about experimenting a bit...

I think there are also websites that you can put your photo into, and then put different hairstyles on.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Wendy me
01-11-2005, 07:35 AM
i am growing out my own hair now..............it's long enough to be a pain .............
howwwwwwwwwwwwwwww nice............

DonnaT
01-11-2005, 08:13 AM
There is no one specific style that is better for CDs over another style.

Each person is different.

Sometimes, a different style on the same person projects a completely different personality. This can be seen from my closeups at:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4328

I guess that's why there are so many hair stylists.

kristi cd
01-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the replies girls. :) That's pretty much the conclusion I had come to. :rolleyes:

Billie
01-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Check out this link; http://www.stellure.com/hairstyle/

You get to pick your face and then play with hair styles. After you get past the first nine styles they want you to join. Oh well, you get to try nine.

november_rain
01-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Long and brunette for me all the way

Fallen Angel
01-11-2005, 10:47 PM
they now make a computer prograhm that lets you pick make up and hair styles as well you use your photo and than you can get a jest of what you look like and maybe that will help you chose a great look!

windycissy
01-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Check out this link; http://www.stellure.com/hairstyle/

What a hoot! I loved it when the heads started spinning around, like the girl in the Exorcist.

I always had trouble getting my wigs to look natural, until I hit upon a technique that has worked for me: I use a scrunchie to tie my hair back into a ponytail, and I pin the loose hair with bobby pins, and soften it by playing with my bangs and spit curls. There is something about this look that is so natural and casual, it goes with skirts and dresses, regular girls wear their hair like this a lot, and it makes me look and feel like a regular girl. Here's a picture:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf38b3127cce9c875989494c00000020108IatWLlw0aW

Tamara Croft
01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
(TamaraGG, you know about beauty stuff, help a girl out wouldya?)

Uhm about hair?? Not a hairdresser so nope not really :( You got all the face shapes right, but I only use shapes for make up and shaping eyebrows. I have a roundish face and long red hair, but it suits me better up. But thats just me. A hairdresser is your best bet.

Tamara

Lily_gg
01-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Ah, never mind then Tamara - I just figured you know about which shampoos are evil and stuff, so it was worth a shot... :rolleyes:

LindaTS
01-12-2005, 07:52 AM
I think what applies to GG's applies to us also. It depends on our physical makeup and face shape. I would suggest that you find a wig salon that will take you and let them find something that suits you. Other than that, don't go to extremes.