PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

Tasteful-secret
01-11-2005, 02:45 AM
I'm starting to get on the Pudgy side

and i was just wondering what some of the methods some of you have used or are using

Sweet Susan
01-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Stop eating pudgy making foods! Get some exercise. Don't eat before you go to bed. Stay away from chocolate, ice cream, and pastries. Well, good luck, because I can't follow those rules. So, I exercise constantly, and I count calories. It works for me.

Sharon
01-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Stop eating pudgy making foods! Get some exercise. Don't eat before you go to bed. Stay away from chocolate, ice cream, and pastries. Well, good luck, because I can't follow those rules. So, I exercise constantly, and I count calories. It works for me.

I agree, except for that exercise part! And yeah, that counting colories bit too. :)
Seriously -- eat less and exercise more. And most importantly, be patient and avoid faddish diets.

jhnjks
01-11-2005, 06:15 AM
the elf diet is the only one that works for me.

elf= eat less food.

Megan_Renee
01-11-2005, 06:24 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bicycling is one of the best excercises. Not stationary cycling because that can get really boring, but regular, get outside when you can cycling.

To up your metabolism, studies have shown that if you exercise to exhaustion on a regular basis (once or twice a week) you will drastically increase your metabolism much more quickly than if you just exercise aset time each day.

Best way to do this? Cycling... ;-)

Why cycling? Low Impact (you'll like this part later), it won't disproportion your feminine shape, and you'll save money on gas by riding your bike to the store!

Megan
--,--`--@

AussieRhonda
01-11-2005, 06:34 AM
The best way to reduce the Pudgy Side I have found is to give up all Bread> YEH I know , there goes all my lunches and pizza bases, plus many a good sandwich, but I have found that wheat products,and the shite being put in it, is poison to a good "Girly " figure ,and lets face it, we need all the help we can get.
Luv Rhonda

AussieRhonda
01-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Just a quick thought.
We could use some of the PUDGY Stuff to do a lipo and replacement to the chest area and see ourselves as a more FEMME shape
Rhonda

Lily_gg
01-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Sorry to be repetitive, but it really is eat less (of the rubbishy stuff), exercise more.

Don't try and cut out all of the rubbish though, or you'll get really bad cravings - treat yourself sometimes, and make sure you don't beat yourself up about it afterwards. And rubbish includes not only all the processed sugar and fatty (sweets, cakes, crisps/potato chips, fries etc), but booze too (:().

Exercise wise, find something you really enjoy, something with a social side too (team sports I guess), maybe even something that makes you feel a bit feminine - dance lessons anyone? Or maybe yoga? Pretty much any exercise ups your metabolism (as well as making you feel good, strengthening your heart etc), and of course muscles burn fat even when you're not doing anything, so muscle is good...

The one thing not to do is to try and starve yourself as this will just make your body go into famine mode, which slows down your metabolism, and means that once you do start eating properly again, your body will instantly store everything as fat in preparation for the next 'famine', which = permanent diets if you want to stay trim. Oh, and don't weigh yourself too much - rely on how your clothes fit and how your figure looks as muscle weighs more than fat, so, in theory, you could weigh more when fit than you do when pudgy.

Hope that helps - good luck with finding your happy shape & weight! :)

Wendy me
01-11-2005, 07:33 AM
yoga easy fun makes you feel good................and you get to wear thghts

DonnaT
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
I was able to control my weight gain by exercising every day.

However, I didn't start loosing weight until I started eating fats and carbs, both, as I continued to exercise. I've lost 52 lbs since Aug. Should have been more, but the holidays, you know? Haven't eaten any burgers or fries since I started the diet/execise routine.

As for bread, I try eat whole grain sugar free breads, as well as those lower in carbs.

So, swimming, biking, running, walking, aerobics, etc. that get the heart rate up to a fat burning rate for at least 3 ten minute intervals or a 30 minute interval a couple of times the day, coupled with a better diet works pretty well.

Wendy me
01-11-2005, 08:27 AM
and don't forget to drink water how mutch?????????????????

till your peeing like a puppy...........water is good all the time..........it flushes out the system

Vickie-CD
01-11-2005, 08:33 AM
For me I think eating healthier and exercise works the best for me. The good thing about exercise is that you do not have to spend a penny to do it. You can start off slow, by maybe taking a daily walk and just build from that. Educate yourself a little about nutrition and healthy foods, then when grocery shopping, Read Those Labels!!!
Best of Luck,
Vickie