PDA

View Full Version : womans shoes

Lilian
11-16-2006, 03:36 AM
OK, not posted in here before but I have just had a thought and wanted to share it with you all. When men wear womans shoes long term does it affect there feet as woman's shoes are made different from mens. I think it would be ok if they were brought from a place that does shoes for men , but if they just put on womans shoes it would hurt i would think. Just a thought :hugs:

StayceeCD
11-16-2006, 03:43 AM
Have been wearing womens size 10 for years! I am a Mans size 8... No problems unless your feet are wide! If you've got normal width feet, then 2 sizes up from your male size should do!

windycissy
11-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Yep, they hurt all right! Heels especially....then again, isn't it the same for GG's? We probably have a harder time finding shoes that fit, given that our sizes are at the outer range....I have taken to wearing comfy flats most of the time, even they pinch my toes but once I get walking I don't notice it. As for heels, I have two pair, and it's a joy to kick them off after I've walked any distance, but they make my feet look cute and I love to wear them.

Lisa Golightly
11-16-2006, 05:42 AM
I basically could never find men's shoes to fit me... I have very narrow feet and they used to be lost in the great big boats. Gal's shoes fit fine, but I like thousands of women suffer the same rewards for being fashionable. You know the list... :)

Joy Carter
11-16-2006, 05:48 AM
I have waited all this time to ware women's shoes without guilt, so you will have to drag me kicking and screeming from the ladies shoe department.:Angry3:

Kate Simmons
11-16-2006, 05:48 AM
I never wear shoes that are too tight. Most "girls" hate me because I wear 9M in a woman's size. They are just right for dancing and aren't loose, otherwise they would cause blisters. I sometimes wear size 9W if I'm not going to dance but my feet are never cramped with the 9M's.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Lilian
11-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Thank you for your replies. :hugs:

carolinewalker_2000
11-16-2006, 06:56 AM
I guess that if we wore womens shoes all the time, we would run the same risks of foot damages as GG's do. After all I have seen many more middle aged woment with bunnions than men! Still, a risk worth taking.

Caroline

DAVIDA
11-16-2006, 07:02 AM
I have always thought that if I hade to go to a podiatrist, the Dr would take one look at my feet and know that I wear women's shoes. My toes have conformed to the shape of pumps!

Joanboy2001
11-16-2006, 07:02 AM
I bought a pair of women's walking shoes, size 11W, about 3 months ago for my 2 to 3 mile morning walk. (my size is 10D)

They were a little snug at first but seemed to loosen up.

Within the last month my toes started having a slight tingling or burning sensation. i switched back to my regular shos and after a few days the sensation stopped. Don't know if it was related to the shoes or not.

I'll give it another week and try the women's shoes again.

Joan

Janailene
11-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Woman's shoes fit me better than men's. Guess I have a high instep. I can buy Janice shoes on-line and have never had to return them. Buying for my male half is difficult. Never find a good fit. Last time the salesman suggested that I try a womans loafer as the arch and instep are designed differently than men's.

stacie
11-16-2006, 09:06 AM
I never had any problems. Like any shoe I try it on first to see if it feels comfortable.

sarahtv
11-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I find women's shoes way more comfy than mens. Especially the dress shoes. My male dress shoes feel like planks!

I can never understand why women find heels uncomfy. I have several pairs, size 13 with 3+ inch heels and all fit my feet like a glove.

The fun thing is that after a full day wearing heels, I feel my calves being stretched when I switch back to regular shoes.

Sharon B.
11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
If I could get by with it I would wear heels all of the time.

Karren H
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Mens size 9 and womens 10s or 11s all feel fine on me!! Well the womens feel better and look great!! Hehe

Love Karren

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-17-2006, 02:27 AM
It's harder to find shoes in a women's 12W, but they're out there. Any problems are more just due to the way many women's shoes fit a foot (male or female), which often aren't particularly healthy for the foot.

DawnRodgers
11-17-2006, 02:50 AM
I wear a men's 9 1/2 but find a woman's 10 M fit me like a glove with no discomfort or pain. Can easily walk in the hughest heels and love strappy sandals that show off my pretty red tipped toes. Can easily walk around and stand all day and love the feeling, when I take of the shoes and walk in my stockinged feet, where I sem to walk around on my toes with my heels hitting the floor after each step. Seems like this goes on for at least 15 minutes.
Dawn

Erica Lauren James
11-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Not at all here, It hurts more when I have to take of my heels to put on "GUY" looking type shoes. As I'm a ladies size 7-7.5 (mens size 6) which is just about impossible to find.

So just about all of my shoes are ladies, just some look like guy shoes. But I wear 3.5"-4.5" heels as much and often as I can.

Kiera

Taffy
11-17-2006, 08:19 AM
I wear flats exclusively, be they Mary Janes, saddle shoes, ballerinas or Keds. I learned long ago to avoid wearing shoes that are uncomfortable or put undo strain on your feet.

Taffy

debbie m
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
I never have a problem.My size is a women's 9m.The heels I wear are usually 2 or 3 inches and all of my sneakers are womens.My most confortable shoes are my Keds clogs.

Billie Jean
11-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Read some where that women's feet are wider at the ball and narrower at the heel. Don't exactly think that is always the case, but then I don't really know. Billie Jean

Carol A
11-17-2006, 01:20 PM
I have no real problem with wearing heels all day and my wife doesn't undersand. First I try them on, hay nobody pays attention so do it. The only problem I have is with a 4" heel Where my calfs start to ack some what, 3" I can live in. :hugs:

Lisa K
11-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I wear a Mens 8.5 but can wear a ladies 9.5 or10. I only have 2 pair of shoes. One 2" heel and a 3" heel.

Sierra Evon
11-17-2006, 04:20 PM
size 9 womens fits me just right , black Mary-Janes low heel , that me
or a cute brown loafer .

JoAnnDallas
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
It has been known that wearing heels that have a slingback or heel strap can cause over years, bone spurs to develope on the back of your heel. Other than that, I can not think of any condiction that would affect your feet while wearing heels.

linnea
11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I envy those of you who wear size 9, 10, or even 11 in a woman's shoe. My shoe size in men's shoes is 13 EEE, so I probably don't need to say that I have trouble finding any women's shoes much less pretty and comfortable ones. I have found them, though, and as several others have said, I find them much more comfortable than most men's shoes I wear. I would have a hard time wearing VERY high heels, but I do occasionally wear a moderately high heel. Since I'm fairly tall, I don't really want to seem taller.

Jasmine Ellis
11-17-2006, 06:12 PM
my high heels are wonderful to my feet can wear them all day long and don't hurt at all.

Jennifer in CO
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I am like Lisa with a very narrow/long foot. Womens 12/13 depending on style/cut fit me wonderfully....$20 at Payless beats $200 at the specialty mens shoe stores anyday...

Jenn

psdibe
11-19-2006, 06:24 AM
I wear a mans 10 and womans 11 both sizes fit me fine. I have to admit I like a nice par of heels over loafers. I just bought a par of nice heels from LAndesnd, rounded toe 21/2 heal very pretty. theya e one of the mosy comfortable shoes of any kind I have wrone. They are so cute I wish I could wear them all teht iemthey look great with booat cut jeans and or a skirt.
Debby

Kimkandy
11-19-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm a UK women's size 8 which is US size 10 I think, I take a Euro 42 in men's.

I measured my feet and they are 10" which in this chart http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm#SizeTable says I should be a UK size 7, maybe I'm getting shoe's too big.

Kim

Raychel
11-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Admittedly I do not wear heels as long as any woman would, But I find that the heels that I have fit very well, and feel better than any of my mens shoes. They are definitly made better and offer more support where needed.

myMichelle
11-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Wow...lots of responses to a good questioin here. I wear Women's shoes exclusively. Have for years. I wear things like Nike or Reebok sneakers to work with jeans and I wear heels, sandals, boots, etc when crossdressing. I have flat feet, and, since Women's shoes do tend to run a bit more narrow than Men's, the sneakers I wear actually tend to provide a bit more arch support for me. The real difficulty comes in finding a comfortable fit where heels, sandals and boots are concerned. I generally wear a Women's size 12 (occasionally an 11, depending on the shoe) and I've found that as long as the shoe is available in a Wide width, I'm ususlly ok.

As far as any long-term affect of putting a woman's shoe on a man's foot, I suppose it is much the same as any woman might experience...bunnions, callouses, and toes that appear a bit crooked from years of being stuffed into shoes with a narrow toe box. I'm sure (as someone has already mentioned) that a podiatrist could probably look at a crossdressers feet and know something was "amiss," but I doubt seriously that the average person on the street would have any idea.

Hope this answers your question,
Michelle

Melinda G
11-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I guess I'm fortunate. I have small feet for a guy. I wear a mens 7 1/2, and sometimnes can't even find what I want in a mens shoe. Many styles start at size 8 and go up. I wear a womens 8 1/2, and can find almost any style, and they look good on me. Because i have worn womens shoes and heels, for many years, i notice my feet are somewhat pointed, like womens, rather than broad, like mens feet. I'm happy with the results. I wear womens shoes almost every day for a while in the morning, while I'm having breakfast and coffee, just to keep my feet in shape.

TeriAnn
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I am a mans12w or 13 hard as heck to find womens shoes in the size I need. Have been told to go up two sizes for a good fit well that isn't necessarily so. I bought a size 13 pump and I can't even keep it on. Back to 12w does pretty good. I do not have any problems with pain unless toe box is pointed because my wide foot can't fit it right.:2c:

Brianne_bc
11-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Ive found that better made womens shoes are easier and nicer to walk in and for your feet. Ive got both good leather pumps and sandles as well as the plactic chineese made Jante Ellie Pleaser shoes and by far the good quality brand names are far better for your feet and easier to walk in... so basically you get what you pay for.

:2c:

shannonsilk
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
i think the ball of the foot is a little further forward on women's shoes. this can be a problem for some--men and women. shopping for men's shoes doesn't do much for me as there is very little in my size.. butin women's there is a lot of choice. it's really a lot more fun. i only have 4 pair i got at the thrift store and didn't have time to really try on. 2 or 3 pair fit very well.

MistyCD
11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I have always thought that if I hade to go to a podiatrist, the Dr would take one look at my feet and know that I wear women's shoes. My toes have conformed to the shape of pumps!

Maybe you should consider wearing dress sandals, as they come in both high and mid heel heights and are not as confining as pumps....

hugs misty

Heelsnlegs
11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
I can get away with a 91/2 shoe but need a wide. Which stores sell a good selection of attractive pumps or slings in a wide?

jen

Kristi1948
11-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I can get away with a 91/2 shoe but need a wide. Which stores sell a good selection of attractive pumps or slings in a wide?

jen

Jen, try shoemall.com

DAVIDA
11-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe you should consider wearing dress sandals, as they come in both high and mid heel heights and are not as confining as pumps....

hugs misty

Misty, I have just about any kind of shoes that are made. It's just that when I started to wear shoes(heels) they were mainly pumps. That is why my toes are the way they are!