PDA

View Full Version : End of the year long story

Emily Ann Brown
11-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Well girls, wife has asked for a divorce. She has decided that I can't be permanently converted, and she is tired of trying. I am surviving so far.

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you who kept in touch this year and helped me to keep my sanity through this. Hopefully I will be back now on some regular basis to enjoy the fellowship.

Emily Ann

Annaliese
11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Well girls, wife has asked for a divorce. She has decided that I can't be permanently converted, and she is tired of trying. I am surviving so far.

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you who kept in touch this year and helped me to keep my sanity through this. Hopefully I will be back now on some regular basis to enjoy the fellowship.

Emily Ann

I am so sorry you have a lot of support here.

Anna

Charolette time
11-16-2006, 12:01 PM

Emily Ann

she must have tried to convert you too her life style, she is the one losing out, hope you get to keep all of Emily and get on with your life, who knows whats ahead but life goes on, keep the faith and let us hear more from you, a newbe to this Love Charolette

Sweet Jane
11-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Emily..

I am really sorry...I know that you have a heart of gold, and I hope that the saying "behind every cloud there is a silver lining" will apply to you. Love you girl

Tamara Croft
11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Well you tried and we all know, cd'ing is not something you can just give up :( I'm so sorry it has come to this for you. Just know, we are all here for you and will support you every step of the way :hugs:

Sandra
11-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear this, hope this :hugs: helps a bit.

SherriePall
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Emily Ann -- I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I'm sure things will work out for the best in the long run. In the meantime, we'll all be here for you.

Angie G
11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry to get this news you know we are here for you :hugs:
Angie

uknowhoo
11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh Emily, my heart is so heavy, hearing you sad news. While it is a huge loss, it also marks a new beginning for you. I wish you all the best going forward, and will keep you and your family in my prayers. :hugs: Tammi

Emily Ann Brown
11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks girls ! Don't be sad for me though, at least I am not living every moment waiting for another nuclear explosion.

Through this year I have had to endure hundreds of crossdresser son telephone commercials, Eddie Izzard Special announcements, Trans America and Kinky Boots movie stuff, crossdresser jokes on television, and tons of other stuff which brought her wrath down on my head when it appeared. I have been yelled at for touching her pocketbook when trying to be nice and pass it to her across a table, bombed for having a pink oxford shirt in my closet, and for walking too slowly past the WalMart women's department.

What's that sound I hear? Why, it's the sound of QUIET.

Emily Ann

Charolette time
11-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks girls ! Don't be sad for me though, at least I am not living every moment waiting for another nuclear explosion.

Through this year I have had to endure hundreds of crossdresser son telephone commercials, Eddie Izzard Special announcements, Trans America and Kinky Boots movie stuff, crossdresser jokes on television, and tons of other stuff which brought her wrath down on my head when it appeared. I have been yelled at for touching her pocketbook when trying to be nice and pass it to her across a table, bombed for having a pink oxford shirt in my closet, and for walking too slowly past the WalMart women's department.

Emily Ann

at least youll be able to sleep with out any nagging ,probly first time in years:devil:
cheer up just look at all the time you will have to follow your heart and panties:heehee: Love Charolette

Lisa Golightly
11-16-2006, 03:04 PM
It is always sad to part with the past... but sometimes the future can be just a bit exciting. Hope you build a new adventure.

Lisa x

flogo920
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Very sorry, Emily-

Get Zeb Wanderers book- "Letting Go"- was a great help when I went through divorce. Cannot recommend too strongly.

Hugs,:hugs:

Flo

tall_brianna
11-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Emily Ann

That's the spirit. Seriously, nobel effort on trying to make it work but IMHO you are so much better off. I'm sorry for leveling judgement against her, but anyone that would turn Trans America into club to beat you over the head instead of seeing it for the touching story it is, ... well, that's just plain wrong.

Go live free little brave fawn it's whole new world and it's all yours!

-b

Alaceann
11-16-2006, 04:26 PM
It's a sad thing to hear of a break up from anyone and I feel saddened for you ,but like you say you have the quiet. But don't dwell on it. Be strong and try to make the best and enjoy the extra dress time that you get. Hopfullyyou will meat someone else eventuality that will be love you for you and cope with your dressing.

MJ
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
hi Hun
i am so sorry that it has come to this. i hope you both split on very good terms.. and that your life will be enrich now you can be free to be who you are. and i hope you find the special someone to enjoy your life..
all the best
hugs Marissa

FOCD
11-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I think it was Gloria Gaynor who said it best in a song just think like her
"I Will Survive"
Or "It's Raining Men Halleluyah "

FOCD
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I said what I said in a light hearted mannewr and did not mean to imply that I did not feel your pain. I hope that your future is filled with all the joy and happiness you deserve.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-17-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm so sorry Emily.

murphysd2004
11-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear. When one door closes, another opens. You have my support. My only suggestion is to retain good legal counsel so that your rights are protected. Upset and grief over the divorce can lead to some very bad decisions if you do it yourself.

RachelDenise
11-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Emily, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it isn't a mean divorce but you never know. Good luck.

Charleen
11-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Good luck with all that is to come. Will be thinking about you.
Love and xxxx, Lily

bgirl
11-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I have the greatest empathy for you. And wish you well for the future.

Emily Ann Brown
11-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Wife sweetly informed me grown kids were pestering her for divorce answers and if I didn't tell them....well.....anyhow, better from me than her so, the kids now know about my gender issue. Wonder where this saga will go next?

Emily Ann

Sharon B.
11-17-2006, 09:54 AM
They say time heals everything, I went through a divorced because of my crossdressing. No kids were involved but the ex-wife called everybody up on my side of the family and let them know what I was dressing in woman's clothes and in her mind I was gay.
She forgot to mention about the affair she was having for over an year and why I couldn't' pay my bills.
Took a long time to be able to face my sisters and mother and to this day I still live over hundred miles from them.
One of the neighborhood friends that I grew up with committed murder suicide and from that day forward why I got divorced didn't seem like a bad deal to my family.
To them I may be strange in some way but I don't do drugs, have at times drank way too much but if I feel I a need a drink whatever is bothering me, it will still be there tomorrow.
Just accept yourself and be yourself they will come around.
Sorry just got carried away.
:hugs: :love:

Di
11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Very sorry Emily Ann, ...you really did try....sending a hug.:hugs: Di

gennee
11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry what has happened Emily. I'm sorry your wife didn't understand that this is a part of you.

Gennee

Missy Anne's GG
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
This is so sad, Emily. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Holly
11-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, Emily, that's just the pits! However, I'm glad you took the high road with your kids. It was much better for them to hear about your gender gift from you than to allow someone else the opportunity to distort the truth into something else.

i wish I could tell you where this was all going to end up... sorry, can't do that. But whatever the outcome, you will have the peace of mind in knowing that you did everything you could to make it work. Grieve for the relationship, then get on with living... there's still lots to do! :hugs:

paulaN
11-17-2006, 10:17 PM
sorry about the break-up. but i think you have a very good attitude things will be better in your new life. I've heard it said, devorce is like a tooth ache, when the pain goes away it feels soooo goooood.

melissacd
11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Emily,

I am so sorry to hear about this. My best wishes to you in this difficult time.

Huggs
Melissa

Charolette time
11-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Wife sweetly informed me grown kids were pestering her for divorce answers and if I didn't tell them....well.....anyhow, better from me than her so, the kids now know about my gender issue. Wonder where this saga will go next?

Emily Ann

You said the Kids know,did they accept the fact that there dad cross dresses?if so that is a step in the right direction,Im sure that it will get easyer as time passes, invite them to your place and let them know that you will greet them as Emily , If they show up you:ll know that they still love you, give them time : as for the other half, new doors will be opening up for you and make every day count, Life goes on, just like the old TV show, good luck Charolette:love:

satin-and-lace-for-m
11-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Emily Ann

My wife recently threatened to divorce me because I can't give up my crossdressing (I do it in private and on business trips, she has never seen me dressed).

Now she's also threatening to tell my 3 boys (ages 22, 20, 16).

I'm totally going crazy over this.

I honestly can say I feel your pain.

How did your kids take the news? Of the Divorce? Of your crossdressing?

Cheers,

Satin...

MsJanessa
11-18-2006, 10:22 AM

Emily Ann
Darling once the descion is made, My experience is that you will have a big sense of relief-----much less stress in your life and although it's sad to end a chapter in your life, it is exciting to start a new one-----good luck.

Kristen Kelly
11-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear about it, but with every closing door a new one opens (if not many), many have opened for me since I opened that closet door, we are here for you. If you need to chat add me to you Yahoo IM KristenKelly77 been through that Im a good ear

Scotty
11-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Have to go with Lisa on this one.

Been there, done that.

suzy
11-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Emily Ann,

Nothing that I say or do will stop the pain in your heart. I'm sorry. Divorce is so painful.....I really am sorry to hear about it. You have a family here who wants to help.....come to us often and let's talk it over...that might help it some...:love:

jacky83
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Guess I can't add anything new but reaffirm the previous comments. Try to stay positive.[/SIZE]

Calliope
12-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Better days ahead.

Joni Beauman
12-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Best wishes, Emily. I guess some of us worry about our marriage taking a similar direction. It seems it can happen gradually or suddenly based on comments from others here and there. It can be so uncertain with the pattern of variable tolerance. My wife bought me some tights today, so one for the plus side. Its day-to-day. It must be very hard on women not accepting of transhusbands. Joni

cdjenny
12-05-2006, 02:33 AM
i am sorry to hear this news...i will to be going through one soon my self...we have decided to call it quits..but not untill after christmas..it is just to close to christmas to have our son torn apart right now..as some of you know he has already been through the ringer..so as of the first of the year,...i to will be with out a wife...you can get through it though...keep your head up high..
i know i will have mine up..i wanted to get rid of my wife along time ago...she started back on drugs...(crack) and i will not have it around my son or my self...:2c:

saskia
12-05-2006, 02:56 AM

Emily Ann

Oh Emily I feel so sad for your heart and soul I have been the same but it got nasty because a lot of money was involved... the school where the children go was informed, my work partners were informed, our bank and the list goes on. However it soon becomes like someone has removed a huge weight off of my shoulders... I too tried to stop this crossdressing throwing all away but the compulsive urge is too much and found myself building up a wardrobe again... I am sesitive and have female qualities and feel how other people are... I say good for you a new adventure is just starting Get a flat and do your own thing cook your dinner dressed do your housework dressed please yourself
Love from Aus:hugs: