PDA

View Full Version : size

Daizy Chains
11-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Do any of you girls have this problem my top half is uk size 16 but lower half is only a uk size 10 not so great for tight dresses!:frustrated:

tammie
11-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi Everyone: I have the same probelm. When I get a dress big enough to fit my shoulders and arms the waist is huge and forget about it fitting right anywhere else. I recently bought a great knit dress size 16 that was supposed to fit a 44 bust. A fitted bodice with 3/4 sleeves and princess seams, and the bottom half was pleats just above the knee. Really a cute sexy dress. When I got it and tried to get it on, no way, perhaps in a parallel universe it would fit a 44' bust.

I offered to give it away to anyone willing to pay postage and no takers so off it went to Good Will. My advise is cut your losses and go forward. I only paid $20 for it anyway.

Karren H
11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Depends on the cut of the dress and the material but I typically take women's large tops, and if I want a jacket to fit nicely its a 16, skirts 9-12 and typically a 12 or a 10 dress fits just fine. I go for the strechier materials that don't wrinkle when folded.. Sleveless are also good since you don't have to wory about the length of the sleve then add a jacket or stole or shawll. Used to be in 18s till I lost 50 pounds.....

But If I don't stop eating soon I won't be able to fit into any of them......wifes on a cooking kick and damn is it good!! Gained 6 pounds in a week!! Can't wait for hockey to start Sunday!

Love Karren

tall_brianna
11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Cursed with a triangle body shape instead of a hourglass... I think many of us can relate ;) I'd suggest either separates or buying the larger size dress and having a good seamstress take in the hips.

Karren, we would have so much fun raiding each others wardrobes :)

Dee Model
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
What I find is that when I buy femme clothes I am (like many I fear) going on sight alone, lacking the option of trying on first.

When I get the "luxury items" home I either find them too tight or too slack...rarely right! For example I have this very sexy silver skirt that cost about £30 (not much I admit but...) that on the label "claims" to be UK size 10 but that I have to breath all the way in to get into. And yet I will neatly fit into another that is size 8! No fair!

The skirts, in any event, are invariably too long (I like v.short skirts). I have actually "tailored" items to make them fit properly. I'd love to do a fashion course or something cos I think I got a real eye for what's hot etc. Anyway, I digress...

Love & Strength...

Dee -x- :dom: