PDA

View Full Version : Was Just A Matter Of Time.........

Karren H
11-16-2006, 01:42 PM
.....Until I bumped into another guy looking at skirts in the ladies department!! Sure enough....if its even close to the truth about the number of men crossdressing it had to happend someday...and today was the day!!

Went to TJ Maxx to get some gifts that my wife wanted me to pickup and since I was there I couldn't resist!! And as I rounded the corner there was a guy in the clearence skirt isle....Hmmmmm.... I wonder? So I hung around and looked up and down the isle waiting for his wife to appear! Never showed up! So I wandered over in the same isle and went through the skirts, right up next to him! "How's it going" I asked. "Good". "Nice skirts!". "yeah".

The strong and silent type! Lol. More like the embarased type! The whole time I was there up until the time he took maybe 5 skirts to the checkout, he had his head down...staring at the skirts and measuring their lengths aginst each other.. Never looking up!! Did I mention his full beard? So I'm assuming that he's a closeted crossdresser or really embarased about buying skirts on clearence for his sickley mother (how many times have we used that excuse?). Hehehe

Well he got all the nice skirts and I bought zip!! So congrats to you...who ever you are!!

Didn't even find what my wife wanted!!! No diner for me!! :). But I made a killing at the dollar store next door!! Tights, L'oreal nail polish - 2 for $1!!

Love Karren

KarenSusan
11-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Boy, that guy sounds like me.

Emily Ann Brown
11-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I would have loved to have been a fly on the next rack to see his face WHEN you walked up and started talking. GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

Daizy Chains
11-16-2006, 02:40 PM
That guy sounds like me too but I would have tried on the skirts even in drab
Not just paid for them and left

Shannon CD
11-16-2006, 03:54 PM
That was you? Why didn't you introduce yourself?
I'm very approachable. ;)

Ok, just kidding. I'm all the way over here in California and definitely don't have a beard. Still, I can't believe you did that to the poor guy,er ...gurl?:heehee: It would take me 6 months to get the nerve to go look at skirts again. Wait a minute, I STILL don't have the nerve...:idontknow:

:rofl:

Sophia Rearen
11-16-2006, 05:09 PM
A beard? Are you sure he wasn't buying a kilt?

AprilMae
11-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I thought you looked familiar.:p

SherriePall
11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Karren -- He was buying them for Christmas for his wife. I always buy my wife some clothes for Christmas, her birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day...

JeanneF
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Karren -- He was buying them for Christmas for his wife. I always buy my wife some clothes for Christmas, her birthday, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day...

Who just happens to be the same size as him... ;)

That's cool. I've yet to run into another guy while out shopping. I've been getting my nails done while another guy was before, but that's it.

MJ
11-16-2006, 07:05 PM
now now girls. Karen's friend could have been getting the skirts as gifts ...
my tg friend could tell you who was buying for there gf . so . or themselves lol i am glad i did not know her when i was buying for my so . and or girlfriend :eek:
OK you don't buy that.. fine :D

hugs Marissa

Tina Dixon
11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
OK Karren cought me:Angry3: , I was there with my fake beard on:o

sandra-leigh
11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
That's cool. I've yet to run into another guy while out shopping.

- The store where I stash my stuff asked me to help out a beginning crossdresser one time, and of course I've met some of the other members of our club there.
- One time that I was in a department store lingerie department, a gay fellow was there buying a corset to wear with his partner; I overheard some but didn't interact at all

Several SAs have told me that they get a fair number of crossdressers, but I don't recall encountering any other than the above. But if they were minding their own business, I might well not have noticed, as I'm generally too busy shopping for myself to pay attention to who is watching or not.

Teresa Amina
11-16-2006, 10:04 PM
"OMG! It's Karren Hutton!" You do know you're world-famous, don't you? A friend in England overheard a conversation at work between two gg co-workers about a site one found on the internet- Crossdressers.com. And mentioned a name or two in particular, the first being you:D Get that memoir ready! Can a made for TV movie be far behind?:D Dressed in 60 Seconds:D

Karren H
11-16-2006, 10:28 PM
"OMG! It's Karren Hutton!" You do know you're world-famous, don't you? A friend in England overheard a conversation at work between two gg co-workers about a site one found on the internet- Crossdressers.com. And mentioned a name or two in particular, the first being you:D Get that memoir ready! Can a made for TV movie be far behind?:D Dressed in 60 Seconds:D

Yeah...Right!! LOL

Soooo Close!! But he sported a black beard!! Arggggg... Shiver me timbers!! hehehe

I would have loved to have been a fly on the next rack to see his face WHEN you walked up and started talking. GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

You mean Mr Stone Face???

Love Karren

JeanneF
11-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Several SAs have told me that they get a fair number of crossdressers, but I don't recall encountering any other than the above. But if they were minding their own business, I might well not have noticed, as I'm generally too busy shopping for myself to pay attention to who is watching or not.

I worked in retail for two years at Banana Republic while in college, and I never had a single guy buying clothing that wasn't clearly for someone besides himself (like a guy who would be a size 12 buying a size 2 dress).

I don't keep my eye out when shopping. generally, but I'm enough of a shopaholic that I would think I would have found another guy at least once over the years.

Bernice
11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I noticed an acquaintance of mine shopping hosiery at WalMart. In due time he noticed me elsewhere in the store. He came over and voluntarily explained everything in his cart EXCEPT the fishnet stockings.

A few months later, I saw him at a ham radio class, with suntan nylons and penny loafers under those jeans. I never touched on the subject. I don't know how to approach him. He fits the profile: divorced, re-married, retired, wife still works, likes to know ahead of time when people are coming to visit.

Was he just careless? Was he begging for comment? Does he wear hose for medical reasons? Does Ockham's razor apply here?

How do you approach someone about this subject, in a supportive non-confrontational way?

Scotty
11-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Karren you are out of control!!! But I love it!!

Sounds like you hit it on the head for sure, sometimes they just want to be left alone, heck even I am somewhat like that when I go into JC Penny, but my confidence has skyrocketed since joining here and hearing all of you girls do this!! :)

kerrianna
11-17-2006, 12:31 AM
It's funny, all these years when I've been shopping for myself (always in drab) in the "intimates' dept, I used to keep myself compartmentalized, sort of shutting out the rest of the world. But whenever I got near anyone else shopping I always figured they had me made for a CD, mainly because I take a personalized interest in what I'm buying. (not exactly holding it up to me lol, but I'm probably more intent and linger longer than a reg guy would). Whenever I see a male w/o a female around I've always figured he was doing the same thing as me. It never occurs to me that he MIGHT be buying something for his SO (even tho, yes, I do THAT too :love: ). I just figure good, someone else who just goes and gets what he wants.

Hey wait a minute, I still have a bit of beard...oh no, right Kerrianna's been cut off from shopping for awhile - it wasn't me (I would have talked to you anyway). If I had my way the house would be full of pretty things and no food. :p

trannie T
11-17-2006, 12:40 AM
I occasionally encounter other men shopping for women's clothing. They are fun to watch, trying to be invisible. I've never spoken to one as Karren has, I'd be afraid they'd have a coronary. They are so timid and scared the only thing sillier in the store is. . .me.

Karren H
11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I occasionally encounter other men shopping for women's clothing. They are fun to watch, trying to be invisible. I've never spoken to one as Karren has, I'd be afraid they'd have a coronary. .

I'm an agressive shopper........When I walk into the ladys department I act like I own the place!!.....slapping those hangers around....holding dresses and skirts up on me to check for length.... Looking, smiling and chatting with the other women around me!!!! Just having a blast!! Not hiding or slinking....and I'm usually dressed in a dark male business suit! If you can't have fun with it, why do it? Lol

Love Karren

Angie G
11-17-2006, 09:13 AM
If I was shopping and a guy started to talk to me I'd talk one may make a good friend :hugs:
Angie

Billie Jean
11-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I have seen a few in Wally World shopping in the ladies dept. Most of them never look around. Good way to be seen by some one you don't want to know your secret. Billie Jean

Karren H
11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I have seen a few in Wally World shopping in the ladies dept. Most of them never look around. Good way to be seen by some one you don't want to know your secret. Billie Jean

Yeah! But no males found today..... I went to Value City looking for boots and found the cutest pair of pumps! And I'm wearing my male shoes without socks but with black thigh highs!! So I put them on and walk up and down the isle and the SA comes over and asks if I need any help. "Nope, just browsing, but thanks for asking...what do you think of these?". "Love them on you...looks good with your dark suit" she replied. So I bought them... Looked at a ton of skirts and dresses and none of the women except one older lady.. Kept staring at me when I was holding some skirts up.. Lol.

After I left the VC I put on the pumps and went next door to a small store.....love the sound of heels on pavement and as I wakled around the store in definetly womens heels.......not trying to hide them.....nothing!! Found some more nail polish (Revlon green and a red two pack) and as I checked out the casheer made a comment on my color selection...."I'm not so sure about that shade on you". Well I'll give the green to my daughter but the red is mine!! She thought that was cute!!

Love Karren

KarenSusan
11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
..... I went to Value City looking for boots and found the cutest pair of pumps! And I'm wearing my male shoes without socks but with black thigh highs!! So I put them on and walk up and down the isle and the SA comes over and asks if I need any help. "Nope, just browsing, but thanks for asking...what do you think of these?". "Love them on you...looks good with your dark suit" she replied. So I bought them... Looked at a ton of skirts and dresses and none of the women except one older lady.. Kept staring at me when I was holding some skirts up.. Lol.

After I left the VC I put on the pumps and went next door to a small store.....love the sound of heels on pavement and as I wakled around the store in definetly womens heels.......not trying to hide them.....nothing!! Found some more nail polish (Revlon green and a red two pack) and as I checked out the casheer made a comment on my color selection...."I'm not so sure about that shade on you". Well I'll give the green to my daughter but the red is mine!! She thought that was cute!!

Love Karren

Way to go, Karren. You are truly an inspiration.

Carol A
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Once when I was trying to buy stocking and looking at different shades a women walked up to me and said " if you buy this shade no one will know your wearing stockings". I almost dropped over dead :heehee:

KateW
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
:notworthy:

Kimkandy
11-17-2006, 01:45 PM
:D Dressed in 60 Seconds:D

Get real!! What woman is going to be able to get dressed in 60 seconds... Supergirl... :daydreaming: I bet she takes forever too...

Kim

:dom: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Karren H
11-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Once when I was trying to buy stocking and looking at different shades a women walked up to me and said " if you buy this shade no one will know your wearing stockings". I almost dropped over dead :heehee:

What shade was that?? Lol. But then again if no one knows your wearing them then why wear them!! Hehehe.

Ohhhh. When I was checking out at Value City, standing in line, I saw some DVD's for sale in the next isle so I just grabbed one from the behind, at random... I picked it up and turned it around and here's a Guy in Drag wearing a "Marlene Dietrich" outfit!! WOW. If that wasn't a sign then I don't know what would be! Lol.

The movie is called "The Damned" by Luchino Visconti set in Germany during the 30's. And apperently this mother makes is son crossdress and perform for the familys entertainment!! So I bought it also!! Always an exciting event when I'm out shopping!!

Karren

Here's the shoe I bought. $16!! http://www.shoestation.com/shoestation/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3210&pf_id=PAAAAALOHEPHMDCI&

And me in them after I left the store.....

Kimberley
11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Gee Karren,

Okay, so now you have traumatized this poor soul. You should be ashamed of yourself. He's probably not going to give them to is sick mother now.

The least you could have done was offer to give your opinions outside the dressing room.

How do you get into these situations?? Too funny girl.

Kimberley.

Karren H
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Gee Karren,

How do you get into these situations?? Too funny girl.

Kimberley.

I guess I have a magnetic personality!!! Hehehe

Love Karren

MJ
11-17-2006, 05:51 PM
hi Karen
i love the shoes and the stockings or pantyhose but oops you cut of your head .. he he he

so tell me do you relay look that different ?

thanks hugs Marissa

Jasmine Ellis
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
why didn't you help the poor man by asking him his size he may of taken you out for a coffee to say thanks :rolleyes: only asking don't bite my head off :heehee:

Karren H
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
hi Karen
i love the shoes and the stockings or pantyhose but oops you cut of your head .. he he he

so tell me do you relay look that different ?

thanks hugs Marissa

You be the judge of that!!! lol

Love Karren

MJ
11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
hi Karen
thank you that was very nice of you.. you are amazing girlfriend so here you be the judge of me then .. i hope you have a strong stomach

Marky
11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Funny story Karren. :devil: Sounds like it could have been me too but I'm sure it wasn't. Haven't had a beard in a long time.

Karren H
11-17-2006, 11:02 PM
hi Karen
thank you that was very nice of you.. you are amazing girlfriend so here you be the judge of me then .. i hope you have a strong stomach

WOW!!!!! Wouldnt have recoginized you in a million years!!

Karren

kerrianna
11-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Jeez, Marissa and Karen you guys (I call women guys too so no offense) are incredible. You both look good in anything. One day I want to look as pretty as you two do. I got a lot of work do to. :cheeky:

It's an inspiration to see both looks together. Thanks girls :love:

Charolette time
11-18-2006, 08:53 AM

I didnt know that Mrs Santa Clause wore a beard :D , good thing she can shave it off with one of her new christmas gifts,:heehee: I havent met anyone shopping yet but if I do I think that I am going to say hi and compliment (him) her on the choices, who knows maybe you will end up with a new cd friend, Love Charolette

Charolette time
11-18-2006, 09:02 AM
I noticed an acquaintance of mine shopping hosiery at WalMart. In due time he noticed me elsewhere in the store. He came over and voluntarily explained everything in his cart EXCEPT the fishnet stockings.

A few months later, I saw him at a ham radio class, with suntan nylons and penny loafers under those jeans. I never touched on the subject. I don't know how to approach him. He fits the profile: divorced, re-married, retired, wife still works, likes to know ahead of time when people are coming to visit.

Was he just careless? Was he begging for comment? Does he wear hose for medical reasons? Does Ockham's razor apply here?

How do you approach someone about this subject, in a supportive non-confrontational way?

Ham radio hmmmmmm:D , maybe he was sending Morse code to you and you didnt under stand it:heehee: you should of compimented him on a nice pair of shoes and how nice the suntanhose looked on him, tell him that he has a good taste in clothes, and if he could help you pick some out for your self, who knows you just might have a new shopping girl friend, Love Charolette