PDA

View Full Version : I must be annoying

Jenna Jones
11-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Sry to bother everyone again.

But i need to get it off my chest. Im wondering that at my age should and if i wanna go beyond just cd should i think about doing it soon as in hormones and what not.

Holly
11-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Whoa, girlfriend... slow down; you just got here! Get to know yourself a little better. You have time to make that decision. A change of that magnitude should not be entered into lightly. You're going to have to have some counseling and then medical clearance before you will be allowed to embark on such a journey. Take some time and get to know yourself (and us) first!

Jenna Jones
11-17-2006, 01:43 AM
This isnt something i just thought up tho... This has been in my mind for awhile and i dont want to wait to long to start my journey.

JenniferMint
11-17-2006, 04:25 AM
If HRT is truely in your best interests, then you should start it as soon as possible. It's never too early (unless you're pre-pubescent), and the earlier you start, the better the end result will be.

If you took a 10-year-old boy and gave him HRT, then he'd grow up looking just like any other girl (besides genitalia) and wouldn't need FFS.

Your profile says you're age 23---I've heard that testosterone subtly masculinizes males even after puberty until about age 30, in terms of making body hair grow where it previously didn't, and masculinizing the facial features even more (though most of the damage in this respect is done during puberty).

StayceeCD
11-17-2006, 05:13 AM
You REALLY need counseling to take that big a step! If transition is where you want to be heading theres much more you need to learn about yourself and what transition really means to you, your family, friends, and your whole life. If this really the way you want to go, 23 is a good place to be if that is your ultimate goal. You just need to know if that really IS your ultimate goal!
Good luck!
Staycee

Charolette time
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM

But i need to get it off my chest. Im wondering that at my age should and if i wanna go beyond just cd should i think about doing it soon as in hormones and what not.

Starting on Hormones is a BIG leap, your only 23 do you want to be a girl the rest of your life+?Its the time to sit down and sole search the changes in your life, as was said by the other girls its a long journy, then the health side, Hormones are a big factor in BREAST CANCER ,I know from experiance, as I went thru breast Cancer this past year, I asked the Onicoligest about taking them and he told me it would be like feeding candy to a diebetic person, so theres a lot to think about, the end result is yours, listen carefully to all of the Doctors, and good luck in your dreams Love Charolette:hugs:

DonnaT
11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Fact of the matter is, yes, if you want to go that route, the younger you start the better the results.

Doctor supervision is imperative, as hormones are quite dangerous to some, leading to things such as blood clots, liver failure, etc.

And if you are thinking you are TS, not just a CD, then your girlfriend will definitely need to know. You think buying panties was hard for her to take, that will be nothing compared to telling her you want to take hormones.

Penny
11-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, the only thing I can say for sure is that 23 it is very confusing not only about what gender a CD thinks he or she should be but in general, what one wants out of life. On one hand you love your girlfriend and she wants a real man on the other, you question if you want to be a girl. It is really important to determine what you want out of life and commit to that whether it be Katy bar the door or compromise. Good luck!

Karren H
11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Why?? You going full time? What's wrong with just crossdressing as an end in itself?? Don't know why your asking.......its up to you dear!

If your not satisfied where you are and want more.......don't let other influence what you should or shouldn't do!! Its what you want to do and what your able to do given your current situation!!

Life is NOT a race, honey!! Its a journey!! So start planning your path today.....or tomorrow. Plan the work and work the plan!!

Love Karren

Sandra
11-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Fact of the matter is, yes, if you want to go that route, the younger you start the better the results.

Doctor supervision is imperative, as hormones are quite dangerous to some, leading to things such as blood clots, liver failure, etc.

And if you are thinking you are TS, not just a CD, then your girlfriend will definitely need to know. You think buying panties was hard for her to take, that will be nothing compared to telling her you want to take hormones.

I agree here. If your are thinking of going down this road then IMHO the sooner you tell her the better.

Calliope
11-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Hormones most likely will be the dealbreaker with any girlfriend, so ask yourself if you're ready to say goodbye to her - and many other parts of your current life. Regarding HRT, I'd agree it's wise to be upfront with your doctor and listen carefully; regarding counselors or therapists, I'd not recommend putting too much faith in them, they have their own agenda and preconceptions - so watch out. Were I to offer any suggestions, I'd say try to conduct your own 'real-life' test (as female) for awhile; if you feel like you are female without the 'special effects,' then you're probably ready for them.

trannie T
11-17-2006, 08:43 PM
You need to find a good gender therapist and a physican. Hormones and gender reassignment are serious issues and are not to be undertaken hastily.

MJ
11-17-2006, 08:56 PM

hi Jenna
well how old are you ?.. hormones well OK here is my :2c: worth
the longer after puberty hormone therapy is started, the less effective it is --but not a linear scale, e.g., results are considerably more dramatic in an 18 year old than a 28 year old, but results are not on the average dramatically different between a 38 year old and a 48 year old..
that said i am lucky i started at 44 and i have had great success in my face and looks so it is different for everyone i hope this helps .. hugs Marissa

Charolette time
11-18-2006, 12:05 PM
hi Jenna
well how old are you ?.. hormones well OK here is my :2c: worth
the longer after puberty hormone therapy is started, the less effective it is --but not a linear scale, e.g., results are considerably more dramatic in an 18 year old than a 28 year old, but results are not on the average dramatically different between a 38 year old and a 48 year old..
that said i am lucky i started at 44 and i have had great success in my face and looks so it is different for everyone i hope this helps .. hugs Marissa

Hi Maressa you look great, the hormons seem to be working for you , have you experianced any side affects, and are your breast getting more sensative+? ,I always wanted to take them but did not have alot of money, then fate struck and I ended up with Breast cancer, what a shock, that ended my dreams of real breasts:sad: , now I wear my forms with all my Bras, 46b thats the next best thing, love Charolette

MJ
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
hi Charlotte
to answer you question :- are your breast getting more sensitive ; well yes big time it started at 5 weeks and they drive me nuts !!! i stopped padding because they rub and itch oh and if you forget and scratch them .. i wont do that again. and they got big real quick too so i am happy about that however they now get in the way at work lol.. i am at a b-cup and i am hoping for a c when i am done and if i ever win the lottery a d :D

now for the side affects the only one that was hard for me to deal with is the emotional change i went from a guy 2 out of 10 to a woman 9 out of 10
and overnight too i had no idea it was like this.. i cry over anything and nothing my emotional state changes from hours to minutes and sometimes seconds and there is no rhyme reason or logic to them .. i just keep a few boxes of tissues around the apt and in my car lol .. apart from that i am fine. oh and a strange passion for baby's , puppies . and kittens ..
love n hugs
Marissa