PDA

View Full Version : Feminised Male Names?

Clare
11-17-2006, 03:20 AM
... since most of us tend to use the feminine form of our male names.We do? I wonder! Here's a poll to clarify the issue. Let me know your thoughts too on why you femminised you male name (if you did that is).

As for me, CLARE is completely different to DAVID and there is no link of any sort. I just love my female name - it's ME!

JenniferMint
11-17-2006, 04:20 AM
I envy people who were born with a unisex name.

In my case, I picked a female name completely different from my male one (it doesn't feminize well).

Teresa Amina
11-17-2006, 05:51 AM
That other name just isn't Me like Teresa is:happy:

Kimkandy
11-17-2006, 06:08 AM
I did think of using my middle name as a femmine name, which would have been Josphine. Kim is my cousin's name.

Kim

Tina Dixon
11-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Even when I was very little I knew if I was a girl my name would be Tina and not Tim.

Charleen
11-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Think about it, Charlene, Charlotte, et al. Nah! I AM LILY!

Modesty Blaise
11-17-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a unisex name, which I hope will come in handy in future when using my debit card! But I choose a differnt name ( with no connection) because I'm not out.
Best regs
MB

Jodie_Lynn
11-17-2006, 06:47 AM
LOL perhaps I overstated but I have seen many male names used.

In my case, Jodie comes from the short form of my male name and the first syllable of my last: Joe D = Jodie. The Lynn was cotributed by my wife, who said it 'fit' me.........

:)

Billiesmith
11-17-2006, 06:49 AM
My name came about as a joke a friend and I played on another friend.
One time my mom (now gone ) told me if I had been a girl my name would have been Tracie. I like the name Dianna. witch would be close to my real name Dean. I don't no if I will chang it from Billie I kind of like it now.
Whats in a name?
Billie, or some thing like that :p
xoxoxo

Penny
11-17-2006, 07:01 AM
With a name like Eboneezer, Penny would be appropriate don't you think?:heehee:

Karren H
11-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Not really although 5 of the 6 letters are the same!! Warreneena just doesn't sound fem to me! Hehehe. The worst one I remember was the daughter of the guitar store owner (Rex) where I used to take lessons.......Rexanna. Ewwwwwwww!!!

Love Karren

Casey Morgan
11-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Some boys cruelly tease other boys about their not-so-macho behaviors by feminizing their name. I didn't get any of that but still there was no way I was going to go with Michelle.

Helen MC
11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Helen is nothing like my male forename. I chose it because it was the name of a girl I liked at school and as far as I am aware it does not have a male equivalent nor is it derived from a male name e.g. Victor-Victoria etc.

SherriePall
11-17-2006, 08:01 AM
I thought about it years ago. But when push came to shove, I decided to go with something completely different so as to cover my tracks a little better and to prevent confusion.

Taffy
11-17-2006, 08:11 AM
I gave it a moment's thought when I was selecting a name and rejected it completely. Very pleased with the result.

Taffy

cd_lisaplaything
11-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, Lisa is the name of the first girl I had a crush on a school! She was such a little hottie and I've just always loved the name since.

Charolette time
11-17-2006, 08:26 AM
We do? I wonder! Here's a poll to clarify the issue. Let me know your thoughts too on why you femminised you male name (if you did that is).

As for me, CLARE is completely different to DAVID and there is no link of any sort. I just love my female name - it's ME!

I had a crush on my Sunday school teacher when I was little and always wanted to be just like her, thats how Charolette came about, it also is hypen of my first name, to this day I still remember her smile and always a big hug for me, and she wore the softest blouses ever, Love CHAROLETTE :hugs: :love: :2c:

Robertacd
11-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Indeed Roberta is the feminine of Robert, my given name.

I tend to chalk up to lack of imagenation more than anything else.

JeanneF
11-17-2006, 12:01 PM
My boy name is unisex (although different spelling), but I started going by Lisa about 6 years ago, and haven't changed it.

If I transistion, I'll probably keep my boy name, just change the spelling.

Roberta Lynn
11-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Another Robert/Roberta here.
My mom would occasionally call me by that name to tease me.
(or maybe she knew more than I thought she did)

KineticEntity
11-17-2006, 12:14 PM
I loved the female version of my male name that I used it.

I was Nicholas but I just removed the H and S.

Billie Jean
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Billie Jean was natural from Bill. Billie Jean

Jenn2716
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, well sorta. I just replaced the f's in my male name with n's and added an i. I still don't think it suits me, but I haven't found anything that I liked better.

Sue Too
11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
There is a feminized version of my given name but I really wanted to be as far away from my male being as possible. I chose Susan for several reasons. (1) I loved the look of Susan Haywood, the actress (2) The older neighbor girl in my youth was named Susan, and I had a terrible crush on her (3) I love the nickname Suzi.

I adore femininity and I think Susan is about as feminine as you can get.

Susan

Breanne
11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Saw "Breanne" on a list of names, liked it and adopted it. Nothing to do with my male name at all.

Kimkandy
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I haven't taken a feminine name as I realise I can only ever be a man, but to prevent being outed by those that scour the internet looking for me, I chose to keep my 'secrets'.

OK but you know you're a cat though, right? Maybe you should use a :bunny: feline name...

Kim

:dom: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

KarenSusan
11-17-2006, 12:58 PM
My feminine name is nowhere close to my male name.

linnea
11-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Although a part of my fem name is related to my male middle name, it is more of a coincidence than anything else. I did take my fem name from a male source, the name of a Swedish biologist of the 18th century. I loved the look and the sound of "Linnea," so I christened myself.

Lisa K
11-17-2006, 01:06 PM
No feminised name for me....

Paula Thomas
11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Clare - I believe that if a person is in drab, and someone calls them by the feminized version of their name (in my case "Paula"), or vice versa, you will react (and they may feel that they have "Gotchya").

But, you can always explain it be saying "Oh, I thought you said __________" which is the name fitting your clothing (thereby countering their "Gotchya").

Also, it could be that they were talking about/to someone else when you reacted, and you can use the same "excuse."

However, if you have a totally different name for use while in drag, and you are in drab and react, or vice versa, it is almost impossible to explain away your reaction.

Ellie C
11-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Luckily for me my name is spelt in a fem way anyway lol ( thanks mum and dad ) :happy:

Drew68
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
My name is Andrew, so as you can see, I have used a shortened version which could male or female. A couple of people at work have decided to call me Drew anyway, so I'm used to answering to it!

I did think of Andrea, but in the end decided to stick with Drew.

Sarah-Anne
11-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I chose a name that I have wanted since I was a little "girl". It's nothing like my male name, which is pretty unfeminisable.

JennaisahottieNC
11-17-2006, 04:14 PM
my name is shawn and is very far from Jenna go figure that lol

Jenna

ShannonDragon
11-17-2006, 04:19 PM
I use Shannon which I have seen being used by both sexes. It has no relationship to my actual male name. However with my real name, all three parts, first, middle and last, can be used by females.:eek:

:tongueout

Paula G
11-17-2006, 07:30 PM
The feminine form of my male name is very unusual, in fact I've only known one other person with that name. I took the feminine form of the male name that is usually associated with my name. I'm actually considering changing my female name to one that I think will fit my personality better and is not even remotely connected with any of my names.

MJ
11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
i always love the name mj but i knew a few Mary Jane's so i change it to Marissa Jennifer and my friends call me mj and that's what i wanted all along.. and it's a far cry from Paul William Robert eww

serinalynn
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Another Robert/Roberta here.
My mom would occasionally call me by that name to tease me.
(or maybe she knew more than I thought she did)

for me it was Robert/Robin. My mother was going to name me Robin except that the neighbors next door chose Robin for their daughter. Serina is the naame of my paternal grandmother and thats what I use. Then I added Lynn but should have spelled it Lynne

Samantha B L
11-17-2006, 08:45 PM
As I've mentioned in my posts several times,Samantha B L is a feminization of my real name and my middle and last name initials.I know that it ain't hard to figure out my real name,at least the first name.It occured to me when I was very very young that "Samantha" would be a neat feminization of my name and later there was Samantha on Bewitched and other Samanthas in TV and movies.In my first contacts with other people who had TG interests I was always called Samantha.That was like a year or 2 after high school and I knew that I had a cd or fem name.Actually,I really like to be called Samantha.I had a few cd freinds that I sorta hung with in the late 80's and to tell you the truth,these sisters let me know that I was Samantha whether I liked it or not.Like I mentioned,I find it pleasant to be called Samantha and this actually would've ended up being my fem name even if I didn't choose it. Cheers,Samantha

trannie T
11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
My male name does not feminize well, I chose the female name 'Judy' as it is not a modified male name.

Glenda58
11-18-2006, 12:11 AM
My is because that's what the ExGF use to call me when she was mad at me. She didn't know I like it.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-18-2006, 12:54 AM
I could have, but I think my guy name is pretty boring, so I chose a femme name that's more interesting.

Bobbie cd
11-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, for me it was pretty simple.
My favorite sister-in-law always used to call me 'Bobbie' anyway just naturally as a sort of familiar form of address,
I kind of liked it, and it just seemed kind of natural to fall into that when I finally decided to quit trying to suppress my more 'feminine' side. :D

ReginaK
11-18-2006, 02:10 AM
If I feminized my male name, it would be incredibly obvious I was a crossdresser. In fact, the feminized version of my male name is one of the names they tell transsexuals to avoid.

And no, my name is not Tootsie, but it's just as well known.

kerrianna
11-18-2006, 02:17 AM
I envy people who were born with a unisex name.

In my case, I picked a female name completely different from my male one (it doesn't feminize well).

My name is unisex but I wanted to make it more 'girlie', so I added on to it.

Guess everyone knows my real first name now. :p

kerrianna
11-18-2006, 02:22 AM
OK but you know you're a cat though, right? Maybe you should use a :bunny: feline name...

Kim

:dom: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

And a very pretty cat at that. :battingeyelashes:

Deborah
11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
I chose the name my mother would have called had i been a girl.

kerrianna
11-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Well, Lisa is the name of the first girl I had a crush on a school! She was such a little hottie and I've just always loved the name since.

Me too Lisa. You better watch out :love:

TeriAnn
11-18-2006, 03:02 AM
I changed the spelling of my first name. From Terry to TeriAnn. Ann came from a young lady that really loved me for who I am, not what I dress as, alas she was using me to get her old boyfriend back.

Janelle d'Amour
11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
I actually could have feminised both my first and middle names, but I never really cared for either one. So why the name "Janelle d'Amour"? I don't recall any deep meaning attached to it, but I do remember that it just came to me one day years ago when I wasn't even thinking about it. I wrote it down and it just felt right. Inspiration? Possession? You be the judge!:)

Christine Davis
11-18-2006, 11:21 PM
My female name came from what my mother would have called me if I was born a girl. She had the name all picked out and everything. Next thing you know... out comes a boy. Oh shit what to name him. "Well...", my dad says, "why not my own name?" Mom's like OK I guess. So welcome to the world Julian. I did not like Julie for a name. I had a teacher who gave me a hard time in school named Julie.

So why not Christine. Davis sounded good to. I have a good friend whos last name is Davis. Plus I like the initials. Christine Davis - CD

Dena
11-19-2006, 01:46 AM
I went with swapping around the last two letters of my name.

Freo_kerry
11-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Sometimes things just feel right but Davina never even got a look in.
It took no thought but afterwards the name just fitted so well and it means Dark and Mysterious, and that suits me fine.

Love from Kerry

vampiricCD
11-19-2006, 03:38 AM
well i go by 2 different names, 1 thats mine feminized and one i got from the anime series Eureka 7

Tiffy
11-19-2006, 09:02 AM
April Marie or Rick? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, nope not a fem version of mine. Though I look back and maybe a Ricki would not have been so bad. Never changed it since my wife and I agreed on April. But I have wished several times that I could or would. I am just not sure what the wife would think if I changed it.

April Marie

Jeri Rene
11-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Garry to Jeri. Seemed logical and I liked it, so I suppose I would have to say yes, I use a feminized version. Rene was added on just because I liked the sound of the it.

Stephanie Kay
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
My folks named me Stephen. I think Stephanie is such a beautiful feminine name and I just love it. Also using Steph with my real last name is ambiguous and very convenient for ordering feminine stuff via the internet or by mail. Stay pretty!

Angela E.
11-19-2006, 10:07 AM
:doll: Hi girls. My female name is totally different from my male one.Peta or Petra would have worked I suppose,but it didn`t really fit. Angela is a name I`ve always liked and it suits me.My mother would have called me Carol if I had been born a girl,but I like the name I`ve chosen for myself much better.I AM-Angela E.:heehee:

Raychel
11-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Sure did, Ray to Raychel. A very simple transformation. :p

shannonsilk
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
i wanted to pick one of those gender neutral names of which there are a few. and yes this is similar to my boy name. it does make it easier if anyone says your name.
i haven't tried using a credit card .

scarlett
11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I guess I did. A former girl friend helped. I told her I needed a fem name( she was very accepting). She suggested Scarlett as the first and last 2 letters were the same. I've become very comfortable with it.

Amy Hepker
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I had a step cousin that his name was Alice

mona lisa
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
...which is not to say that my first and middle names cannot be feminized because they can. This moniker is one a good friend of mine gave me for some reason. She has no idea about my fondness for ladies clothes but she does like to practice makeup on me. (I told her it is kinda fun cause it is.) She also mentioned wanting to put a wig on me and dress me in women's clothes to go along with the makeup and I told her she could.

There is a practical reason for this actually: she wants to go to makeup school. I told her if she can make me look like a "pretty girl" (and she has had me looking pretty good thus far) then she will have no problem with making women look prettier. It would after all "help her with her portfolio for makeup school" so I have an out of sorts that makes me appear quite generous. In truth she is a good enough friend that I would help her either way but this way I at least can enjoy the process :heehee:

Sierra Evon
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
My name Sierra , has no ties at all to my male name , I chose it because I thought it to be very, girly, gurl, like how I feel ,I concider myself to be more Sierra , than my YUK, male name.......Sierra is a pretty girls name ...........:happy:

Scotty
11-30-2006, 10:49 PM
My turn I suppose.

Well mine IS my name, always has been.
It's been quite a few years since I met a girl with my name though.
I'm curious though, next time the converation comes up I will ask my mom what she had intended if I had been born in the right gender....

Lawren
12-01-2006, 06:38 AM
I just shortened my male name.

Marla S
12-01-2006, 06:43 AM
No. Impossible.

Patricia Danielle
12-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Well where to start. My actual birth name was Patricia Danielle as we were all named befor we we were born and all the family phsyics said I was goig to be a girl and well I came with a little more plumbing than expected. And the fact I already 9 sisters and 2 more sisters followed. The name change came befor I joined the military. What I find humors the whole deal is my best friend all through school, his name Carol so imagen that! My mom changed my name to Danni befor the military so now you know the rest of the story. But I must say having 11 sisters was kind of fun, no shortage of things to wear.:D Patricia..

Marcie Sexton
12-01-2006, 07:22 AM
When I went throughboot camp our DI always told us KISS, KISS...or keep it simple stupid, with that in mind, I did just that...Marcie Renee Sexton...:heehee:

crusadergirl
12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
The first name i picked for a fem name was Luna Legacy, but i desided to go with Helena. But as of Now I like The name Eris Girlprodigy.And its not even close to my real name. I never liked my real name until i started cding.