PDA

View Full Version : Bra recommendation

christie
11-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Hello and good morning to everyone. Happy Friday.

I wear panties everday to work and absolutely love it, I also occasianally wear nylons, I want to add a bra to my wardrobe that can be worn under my drab clothes. I only own water bras currently and while I love them, they show underneath any shirt I wear. I am looking for a bra to wear that can be worn underneath heavy shirts, sweaters, and sweatshirts so that it won't be blatantly obvious that I am wearing a bra. Any recommendations, tricks, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Christie

Cyndie
11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
I wear a bra under my boy drabs most every day. Wear a shirt that is made with a heavy weight material, also helps if the shirt is a little on the large size (not too tight). If you look, GG's with thin, tight fitting shirts will normally have some part of their bra showing trought the material. Also darker colors hid better. Never do a light shirt with a dark bra. It won't work

As for the bra, there are several makers that have unlined cups. My personal choise is Victoria Secret, Second Skin Satin, unlined. I have not seen them in the stores lately, but they are available through the catalog or on line. Be sure to purchase the matching panties, they are wonderful.

If you don't like the underwire, Jocky does make a very light bra with out wine. Barely There is another option.

TTFN
Cyndie

Summer
11-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Try a Cami, it is much less noticable, or even a half slip, you will enjoy how they feel and much more comfortable.
Just one girls opinion!
Summer:2c:

Janice Ashton
11-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Sports Bra comes to mind!!

Charolette time
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I wear a bra under my boy drabs most every day. Wear a shirt that is made with a heavy weight material, also helps if the shirt is a little on the large size (not too tight). If you look, GG's with thin, tight fitting shirts will normally have some part of their bra showing trought the material. Also darker colors hid better. Never do a light shirt with a dark bra. It won't work

As for the bra, there are several makers that have unlined cups. My personal choise is Victoria Secret, Second Skin Satin, unlined. I have not seen them in the stores lately, but they are available through the catalog or on line. Be sure to purchase the matching panties, they are wonderful.

If you don't like the underwire, Jocky does make a very light bra with out wine. Barely There is another option.

TTFN
Cyndie

Like Louise said sports bras are a great feeling under the male drab. and they come in all shades and sizes, I wore one yesterday to my doctors for my flu shot nobody even noticed go girl Love Charolette

Karren H
11-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I wear a sports bra or a real sheer regular bra...an A or a B cup so it fits close to the skin and doesn't bag like larger cup sizes would.. And dot get one too tight else it will show more easily.. I typically wear a sports jacket and a tie which completelt hide any signs of a bra, corset or half slip that I typically wear daily.

Love Karren

Scotty
11-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Jockey.com
No Panty Line Promise™ Modal Crop Top
Style# 1204
Price: $16.50

I loved it so much I bought 2 more, VERY comfortable - but if you don't have any natural cleavage it'll be like wearing a half-cami....it's no-wire, thin, and barely noticeable except as with all bras under the arms if you twist and your shirt rubs against it......otherwise they are comfy!!!!!!!!

I dont' feel the need to come home and peel this one off, jumping down stairs gives me adequate support and they aren't overly expensive either.

Sports bras work too, but after wearing these - thinner, more comfy than even a sports bra. :)

Marla
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I have a lace liesure bra that is comfortable and invisible.

EricaCD
11-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I am sure that this will draw dissenting opinions, but...

In my experience, unless you are wearing at least a suit jacket or blazer (and sometimes even then) ANY bra will show through. Maybe not when you are just sitting naturally. But if you lean, bend, sneeze, stretch, whatever...those little lines are going to show.

I occasionally wear very thin camis - only if I am wearing a jacket of some sort, and even then if I take my jacket off it's frequently apparent that I am wearing something.

I just mention this because sometimes, in the dim of a closet or an ill-lighted bathroom we look in the mirror and say "hey, I don't see anything". Unfortunately the real world is not illuminated the same way. Now to be sure, the vast majority of people won't be paying attention...but this is simply NOT as invisible as it looks!

Sorry to come off as a wet blanket. If this is still something you want to do, go with unlined satin...Victoria's Secret second skin is nice, as are Delicates (JC Penney's house brand). Natori also makes some very slim profile bras at a higher cost point.

Erica

Amy Hepker
11-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Try A Front hook BRA like a back support Bra. Becareful of any Bra that has an adjustment of the straps that is the back. If you bend over or lean forward the adjuster will show, a dead give away.

Jestina
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Watch for "back slappers" and "touchy feely" people.

I do wear one occasionaly when out, (wow what a pun) but never at work.

If anyone touchesyou for any reason and feels that straps you are busted.

Wow, another pun!!!

LaurenS.
11-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Erica is right, all bras will show unless you have a sport coat or suit on.
I love some bras I've gotten from Lulalu.com. They have a great selection of A cups that fit and feel wonderful.
Lauren

Rachel Morley
11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Here's what I suggest.

1) Pick a bra that is a seamless micro fiber type that also has thin straps and no little buckles in the back or lace edged cups. Pick one that that stretches across your pectoral muscle rather than one that has a shaped cup.

2) Choose a loose fitting, dark colored shirt in cotton to wear over it and/or wear a second layer.

3) Try not to bend over or round your back too much. There's a reasonable chance (depending on the bra) that where the band hooks in the back will show a small bump if you do.

However, let's be honest, you can get away with such a lot without anyone noticing at all....or if they do notice they don't say anything. I personally wear a micro fiber type, but I don't always follow my own advice about lace or buckles. Some of my favorite bras, that I wear all the time in boy mode, have lace cups and buckles showing little bumps on my shoulders. Also, I don't always wear dark colored shirts. I wear what I want to wear and even find that if I have a slightly showing bra strap through my clothes, I personally don't think it's actually perceived as a bra strap by anyone. As my wife always says to me "people only see what they want to see"... at least, that's to say I've never had any problems at all.

I do agree with what Erica says about movement showing things up more and that lighting (especially when you're not wearing a loose black top) can make what you thought was ok show up in different places. But, let me tell you, I've worn some fairly fitted, mid colored t-shirts, with bras underneath that slightly show through that I might be wearing something underneath my t-shirt, but I doubt anyone thinks "BRA!" when they look at me.

Follow the girl's suggestions, be sensible, be brave and be confident and you can get away with murder :D

kerrianna
11-18-2006, 03:41 AM
Watch for "back slappers" and "touchy feely" people.

I do wear one occasionaly when out, (wow what a pun) but never at work.

If anyone touchesyou for any reason and feels that straps you are busted.

Wow, another pun!!!

I was wearing a bra under a fleece jacket and ran into an aunt who is big time hugger. I forgot what I was wearing and gave her a big hug and she also rubs the back, so after I realized huh? she must have felt that. Never heard about it though. I like to think no one knows in my family but they probabaly they all do.

I love wearing camis though. Lately with a few buttons on the drab shirt undone. I must be wanting to get caught - naughty girl. :blushing:

Charolette time
11-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I was wearing a bra under a fleece jacket and ran into an aunt who is big time hugger. I forgot what I was wearing and gave her a big hug and she also rubs the back, so after I realized huh? she must have felt that. Never heard about it though. I like to think no one knows in my family but they probabaly they all do.

I love wearing camis though. Lately with a few buttons on the drab shirt undone. I must be wanting to get caught - naughty girl. :blushing:

Dont be careful and you may get caught :D but deep down maybe thats what you want,anyway what ever you wear it must be comfortable, days to long to be in pain, give your aunt a hug for me :heehee: I love hugs Charolette

Scotty
11-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Touchy feely people - yep - definitely got a couple of those at work and they put hteir hands right on my shoulder where the strap is.....

Of course I flinch and I'm ticklish anyway ....

I have a super lightweight sports bra that is invisible, looks like a tank top anyway so I wear that when I'm not wearing a jacket....

Sierra Evon
11-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I have just black bra's , I most the time wear under my drab's and when
I go out to work , its best to try them on first tho, I like the micro fiber
kind , the ones I have not are okay but not very comfortable , I'm looking
to get 2 more this weekend, but I wear panties 24/7 mostly pink , very
girly,gurl, lots of great advice on this post wow....

Shannon CD
11-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I think most of the men at work are probably so worried that someone will see the bra that they are wearing that they won't even notice the one that you are.:heehee:

Robertacd
11-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I have recently discovered thease Maidenform "bralettes One FAB Fit™ Shirred Bralette (http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70727&categoryId=null&wtlCategory=Search) and the Modal with Lace Trim Bralette (http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70813&categoryId=null&wtlCategory=Search) and have worn them under drab shirts manytimes, even to work once or twice.

Don't forget the matching panties :heehee: I really like the One Fab Fit microfiber panties

Billijo49504
11-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I like the Sheer wear bras from LB, they don't have them any more. Boooo!! But that is what I wear every day.And I'm a 38C or 40 B naturally. Or as one of one of the guys at work says, Old men's tits. I guess I resemble that remark, as I'm soon to be 60 yrs old. I hope every one has a great holliday...BJ