PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been Called Miss Or Mam While In Drab

KIRA ANN
11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
HI GIRL'S, JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN ADDRESSED AS MISS, INSTEAD OF SIR. I DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC AT WORK ALL THE TIME, AND HAVE BEEN CALL MAMA OR MISS. I STILL HAVE A BEARD AND MUSTASH GROUTH. :happy:

Jenna1561
11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
There have been other threads on this subject and yes, I confuse many strangers at times and it happens to me occassionally. As a matter of coincidence, it happened today. I work with the public, but over the telephone, not face-to-face. So my coworkers have really become accustomed to me without knowing it and don't see anything unusual.

Today, my male boss (also a good friend), 2 female coworkers, and I went out to lunch. At the restaurant, the waiter was taking our drink orders and had started with the two ladies, I was next in line at the table, and as he began to ask, he stumbled across the words and asked "And you,..." pause then very quietly "Maam?" As I summoned a deeper than normal voice, and placed my order, he recovered with "Yes, sir."

No one at the table gave a hint of hearing this exchange. But of course, I was inwardly happy. I was dressed in a pair of Duck Head Ladies' jeans (Friday is Jeans Day, sorry Karren) in a very light stonewash, white tennis shoes with purple trim, a coral polo shirt, 3 rings, silver bracelet and watch. I was also wearing light foundation and blush, nude lipstick, light mascara, liner, and eye shadow - my typical "boy" mode makeup for work.

I've only gotten one comment about makeup at work and that was about lipstick, passed that off as lip balm - worked (?) - I doubt it, but nothing else ever said.

Jenna

sky0629
11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
yes a few times and it kinda freaks people out when they see i'm a guy, it doesn't bother me it's cool.:thumbsup:
Sky

Missy
11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
but my best Is meing called mam while at work with the customers I smile when people call me mam. it like a warm fuzzy to me I just know it just maybe a respons fifty fifty mam or sir in a mall setting and fast food I still get a smile when men or woman call me mam

crusadergirl
11-18-2006, 01:05 AM
I have been called mam and miss at work tons of times it use to make me mad now i don't care at all. The thing i don't get is in my normal clothes i don't look are act like a girl. Some ppl are just blind.

KarenSusan
11-18-2006, 01:11 AM
I would love to be called miss or ma'am when in drab, but alas, no.

TeriAnn
11-18-2006, 03:23 AM
I have been refered to as Miss or mam. I believe it is my long hair and when I does happen they are seeing me from the back. Must look like a girl from the back,which is all right with me.

StayceeCD
11-18-2006, 03:36 AM
Has been happening most of my life.. I'm kinda short for a guy and being a musician, especially in the 80's when I really did look like a girl! Hair down to my butt and very skinny! Wish I was CDing more back then.. Back then it was only stolen panty hose and guilt. Way before internet and realizing I wasn't some sort of weird pervert!

Clare
11-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Nope - well not face to face at least! I look like guy - no mistake!

But on the phone, I have been called miss many times which has taken me by surprise. I have been told by friends and even my ex-wife that I have a soft (but not femme) voice for a man, so that may explain why I occassionally get referred to as lady when on the phone.

Angela E.
11-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I have been reffered to as miss while in drab many times.I consider it a compliment,it always brings a smile to my face.:heehee:-Angela E.:doll:

Jillian310
11-18-2006, 09:34 AM
This happens all the time when a server or clerk approaches from the side or the rear, because of my long gray hair. Example, a server approaches from the rear at a restaurant when I am with my SO. While sort of standing at my shoulder s/he asks if you ladies want to start with something to drink?

Rachel Morley
11-18-2006, 01:39 PM
It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen to me. The last time was when my wife and I were in Vegas two weeks ago. We were walking down the strip in the Saturday afternoon sunshine, and as we approached a woman handing out fliers, she held out her flier to me, made eye contact, and said "How about a show Ladies...umm...Sir....I mean, Ma'am." I was beaming with happiness when this happened. :D

suzy
11-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Nope....hasn't happened to me ...yet,, Dang it!:D

Janailene
11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
many years ago as a teen, I was always being taken for a girl. Some of mom's friends actually started calling me by the feminine form of my name and used to tell me that I was too pretty to be a boy. What they did not know!!

sparks
11-18-2006, 02:27 PM
nope

Sierra Evon
11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Too many people still call me Sir all the time , I never say anything back
to them , but its like do you people need glasses or what the deal,
but occasionally that sweet person , will say have a nice day Miss,,,
then I always do.......

Lisa Golightly
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh, lots of times... I don't really worry about it anymore...

Lisa Marie
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
I have been called mam before on the phone. It made me feel real good.

Karren H
11-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Nope....never have and btw..turn your caps lock off, please!! Hard to read....

Love Karren