Tristen Cox
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
WOO HOO! :D Yeah baby yeah

Love
T

LilSteff
01-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah---HOORAY For Oprah
It was a good show, no slams or nothing really negitive about what we all do. She even plugged the show a couple of times.

Vallari
01-11-2005, 08:03 PM
God I'd love to be a bridesmaid at a wedding! Me and my GF's visited a bridal expo in Austin this weekend and it's been on my mind every since!
Maybe I'll get an invitation to a wedding to be a maid of honor or something someday. *sighs* :rolleyes:

ChristineRenee
01-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah---HOORAY For Oprah
It was a good show, no slams or nothing really negitive about what we all do. She even plugged the show a couple of times.Hey...and this wasn't on Jerry Springer, but the Queen of Daytime TV herself. It was really done with class and in a positive way, just exactly what our community needed to help break down all the barriers and stereotypes we face from society.

Thanks Oprah...and huge hugs to you. You made our day!:)

Sarah38b
01-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if everybody could dress anyway they wanted w/o a second thought from society and nobody cared? It sux that clothing is so genderized. Women have so many more styles/fabrics than the men. I love sexy lingerie and some sexy skirt. Bottom line is people should wear what they want no matter the gender w/o public ridicule.

Sarah

Donna Louise
01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Sisters,

I see how it is now. If it is on Oprah you are interested.

When He's a Lady first started I posted a thread about it and no one listened.

Maybe it was because I was new or something like that. I did try to get everyone to watch. I figured if we boosted the rating we might get another one like it.

I found about it from my wife before the first show. After watching the first show she told me she would have put me in for it if she had known about it.

For her it would have been for the money. For me, just think 3 weeks of not being allowed out of the house unless you were a girl. Be still my pounding heart.

I have the entire show on tape :p . There is some really funny stuff on it. Also so very good cd tips.

Scharlotte and Alberta were the prettiest girls but I will not tell you who won! Hahahaha - I've got a secret.

Hugs
Donna Louise

ChristineRenee
01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Can't speak for others here, but I was interested in seeing He's A Lady to see how the subject matter would be handled. I have to admit that I didn't initially expect it to project our community in a very positive way but it was somewhat groundbreaking and entertaining and seemed to get better with each airing. I just felt that Oprah did this segment in a very classy way today. This has been done so much on other talk shows in such an exploitive manner that it was very refreshing and pleasing to see it done in a positive way for a change.

Sorry that the initial enthusiasm here for He's A Lady did not measure up to this segment of Oprah, but I don't think you should view this as a reflection on you Donna. We appreciated that you brought it to our attention then just like I'm hoping that it is appreciated that I brought up Oprah's segment today.

Love,
Christine Renee

Donna Louise
01-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Yes please don't take offense at my post.

It just seemed that after Oprah showed it people acted as if this was a new show. It has been over for well over a month. The Oprah show I saw today made it seem as if the show was on air now.

I feel that it was a well done show (he's a lady) and Oprah's coverage was very tasteful.

It just gets me that I posted it here and some act like they had never heard of it before. I did try to get all the girls to watch.

Christine, I guess you and me were the only ones to hear of it much less watch it. I was a very funny yet formative show at the same time.

Hugs
Donna Louise

ChristineRenee
01-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Understood Donna...no offense taken hon.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Donna Louise
01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Since you watched it too. Remember the glamor shots. Cree did not deserve it. I thought it should have been Scharlotte or Alberta. Both were stunning. I wish others had seen it to see what professionals could do.

Hugs
Donna Louise

To me both could have passed with no problem

Donna Louise
01-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Christine

Please don't tell the rest who won. Maybe if they show it again they will watch it. I can be our secret. Secrets are fun, if they don't hurt anyone. :D

Hugs
Donna Louise

Wendy me
01-11-2005, 09:53 PM
my wife watches o. i told her i would do that.........same comment...............
your weird

Rikki
01-11-2005, 10:06 PM
When I watched (he's a lady,) I wasn't with the forum, so I didn't have a chance to comment. Anyways, I told my wife that I would have done that for :confused: nothing, just the chance to dress for three weeks like that. HEAVENLY. Only a dream though, That is about as close as I'll get to going out.

Rikki

Starluscious
01-12-2005, 02:31 AM
That's sexy
bold
awesome
and very cool to see on tv
Go girls that are were once guys
and go Oprah
you go girls
woot woot woot
muahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I could marry some of you girls
literally if I was given a chance
cuz like I told some of you I talk to on here
I'm still looking for my lady love
that's beautiful to know brides and bridesmaids are doing that

love
Starluscious

Sarahj
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I To can't wait to see it over here in the uk. My greatst disire is to be a bridesmaid, at a wedding. All that shopping and try on those dressers, pampering and make up, and may be a dance with the best man:-()
If only...
Sarah

Susan S
01-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if everybody could dress anyway they wanted w/o a second thought from society and nobody cared? It sux that clothing is so genderized. Women have so many more styles/fabrics than the men. I love sexy lingerie and some sexy skirt. Bottom line is people should wear what they want no matter the gender w/o public ridicule.

Sarah

I have always found the sight of a wedding or a bridesmaids dress so inviting and I just love the look of them. I would love to wear a bridal gown and feel all that lace and satin next to my skin.

Why should women have all the fun when it comes to dressing.