PDA

View Full Version : Earrings

Jammie Lyann
11-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok I've had my left ear pireced sence about 21, so nothing new :D ,
my SO an I are going to Reno for the weekend for a event.
Well I found a pair of earrings I liked an you just cant wear one so I pirced the other side (myself)
So now I have to wear them for the few weeks till it heals. So I went to work yestarday , talking about steping out of the frying pan into the fire :devil:
Lots of coments mostly from the ones I do get along with. dirty looks from those that I dont but over all it was fun , give a week or 2 an they wont even notice anymore.
Most of the questions was when did you get that done?
answer: about 20 years ago while I was in the Navy, they just never seen me wear them to work so they didnt notice the hole in my ear before, so I played the new pircesing off as if I had it done back then also ,
Only one person could tell that I had just done it, ( a GG I work with ) of corse she could tell :heehee:

So how many of you have pirced ears?
If so what style do you like ? , I like dangly type myself
By the way I should have pic's for you by monday I hope :D

Eileen
11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Very cool Ivy! I am hoping to have mine pierced after the first of the year. What a great story and it was half right. Just shows how little people notice about others. Like you I like the ear rings that hang down. So feminine!

Eileen

Scotty
11-18-2006, 12:18 PM
I just got my right ear cartlidge re-opened - got it pierced 6 months ago but it closed up in august. Got a 1/8th carat diamond in that one.

I find that I like diamonds!!! They are very pretty.
Emeralds too.

I like studs myself, danglies are fine for dressing up but I wear studs most times.

I think the hair style goes with it, short hair for example - studs look great, but with long hair you almost have to have danglies to see them.

I only wear the left to work though, it's far too conservative there, but as soon as I get in my car the right goes back in...

I bought a 1/16th diamond set and wear those 90% of the time.

Joy Carter
11-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Both Ivy. It was a strugle with the wife but I did it and no one has said a thing. :D

Rachel Morley
11-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I had my left ear done (by myself) when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. I was very nervous about what people would think if they saw me with a stud in each ear. I did this one myself too one drunken evening :eek:

It was one of the best things I've ever done....particularly from a cding standpoint as I can wear any type of earrings now. In boy mode I tend to go for reasonably large round gold studs, and in girl mode it depends on my outfit but usually large gold hoops or something sparkle-ly and dangle-ly.

Calliope
11-18-2006, 02:09 PM
In my opinion, earrings are essential. The trick is not getting hooked and wanting a new set every week. I wear beads for day, stones at night and try to limit my desires, an uphill struggle needless to say.

Julogden
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
I pierced mine 20 years ago, did them one at a time too. I am very partial to big, dangly ones too, but my favorites are a pair of huge hoops that I got in a trade at a lesbian bar one night complimented a GG girl about her hoops, asked her where she got them, and she took them off and gave them to me, you could have knocked me over with a feather at that point. I figured what the heck, took mine off and gave them to her.

So that's my favorite pair of earrings.

Carol:hugs:

Jenna1561
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I have been wanting to get mine pierced for quite some time, but always chicken-out when it comes time to do it. I have currently set a goal to "Do It" next Friday, 11/24. Wish me luck; but I'll probably start clucking and chicken-out, again.

Jenna

MarinaTwelve200
11-18-2006, 02:41 PM
With the long hairstyles I use, You cant see MY earrings N E Way---That, and the fact that they get tangled up in my hair, makes me tend NOT to wear them any more. I sorta like the longer dangly clip ons when I DO wear earrings---a very rare event.

Holly
11-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Both ears pierced one afternoon a little over a year ago at Claire's while en femme. I like the dangly ones as well. For work, usually studs. My wife got me a set of Topaz studs (my birthstone) last year for our anniversary. I wear those often.

Karren H
11-18-2006, 03:12 PM
I have 70 plus pair of clip ons so I've got way too much invested to switch now!!

Love Karren

Tedi
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I have 70 plus pair of clip ons so I've got way too much invested to switch now!!

Love Karren

Karren, most of those clip-ons can be converted to pierced quite easily. So go ahead and pierce those lobes!

Lisa Golightly
11-18-2006, 04:05 PM
D'you know what... no-one, and I mean no-one, has ever commented on my pierced ears or my earrings... Miserable bleeders... bah humbug! ;)

Tedi
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
D'you know what... no-one, and I mean no-one, has ever commented on my pierced ears or my earrings... Miserable bleeders... bah humbug! ;)

There's certainly been no big fuss about mine either. Mom noticed and didn't seem to care one way or the other. One co-worker out of 13 made a positive comment (a female). My brother and a cousin both said "cool". By the way Lisa, You're earrings look great!

Lisa Golightly
11-18-2006, 04:16 PM
By the way Lisa, You're earrings look great!

Awwwwwwwww... Thank you Angel :)

Kristen Kelly
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Had one done 15 years ago had 2 holes in 1 ear. Just had the other done in August few comments other than my GF only 1 woman noticed in work. My answer "Why Not"

I have a pair of 1/2K diamonds old engagement rings perfect thing to put in the holes in my head.

Jenn2716
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I had both of my ears pierced while in drab about 2 years ago at a salon. I had a couple of people notice, but no negative comments. I wear small hoops in drab, but I have 10 or more different styles for femme mode.

Missy
11-18-2006, 10:56 PM
i have had both sides with two holes since i was 25 now I am 45 and they are still open I wear manly post or studs while at work and hangey one around the house or out and about even with wife

Glenda58
11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Had mine done about 9 months ago. Took a lot of razing from coworkers since I was 58 then some of the younger guys were doing both ears and tattoos. But now no one cares. I wear studs most the time at home but dressing up to out it's dangles bigger the better and hoops. Looking for more gold hoops to go with my new outfit.

Glenda58
11-18-2006, 11:47 PM

Love Karren

Karren Dear you can still wear clip ons with pierced ears so you could double your collection.:heehee:

Bobbie cd
11-19-2006, 12:55 AM
I had both ears pierced this summer (by my daughter who, as I mentioned in an earlier post on this subject, has worked as a piercing tech before). At work, I usually wear studs. I have a pair of small sterling silver motorcycles that I usually wear at work, but on occaison switch to a pair of silver skull and crossbone studs, and lately have taken to wearing a pair of austrian cut-crystal aquamarine (my birthstone) studs.
When out, I prefer dangly feminine ones to go with my long hair. I have yet to have any negative comments on either my hair or the earings. :D

AmberTG
11-19-2006, 02:32 AM
I had one pierced in 1981, I think, the other I had done about 6-7 years ago. I wear simple studs or small hoops in drab, but I really like bigger hoops, not the really big ones, or medium length dangles. One of my favorite pairs of dangles is a pair I found under the back seat of my first car, a 63 Ford Falcon, back in the late 70s. I bought the car in 75. They started life as clipons, but I put "fish hooks" on them. I'd like to think they were from a certain girlfriend from back then, but I'll never know for sure.:D

Billiesmith
11-19-2006, 04:36 AM
well I did it I am 43 and I got my ears pierced. my x wife went with me just to hold my hand so to speek. I like them. Alll ready told my x I will be taking some of her older ear rings she said ok.
It was a young girl that did them. I told her I had my navel done ,she said she thought it was cool when men get that done. So I will have to re do mine.
any way its 11-18-06 am 43 years old and I love the look.
Billie
xoxoxo

Angie G
11-19-2006, 05:00 AM
My wife don't care for the idea of prieced ears so I have clip on earrings :hugs:
Angie

Trisha
11-19-2006, 05:45 AM
i have mine done i did them myself just got the studs and pushed real hard into my ears and hay presto but then some times i do do crazy things :heehee:

JeanneF
11-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I have both ears pierced. I've only had a few people make comments about it in boy mode, and those were mostly relatives who see me frequently and wondered what my motivation was.

I like all kinds of earrings, but my favorites tend to be unique looking wire designs and dangly stuff, altough I have a great pair of big gold hoops that I love as well.

Alaceann
11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Iwould love to get mine pierced but can't right now, perhaps someday. So for now it's clipons.

Jena11
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, I had a GG friend go with me and I got both ears pierce 2 times, I was very nervouse for the first few days back at work, I had some questions and comments but after the 2nd week, I had more confidence and did not take any negative comments from anyone. I would just tell them if they did not like it to not look in my direction or stay away from me. I only had to say it to 2 different people. I actually got mostly positive comments from the women. So I would say be brave and do it. Jena

trannie T
11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
My job would not allow men to wear earrings so as soon as I retired I had my ears pierced. I have five holes in each ear now, maybe I over compensated when I got my freedom.

Jammie Lyann
11-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Wow thank you all for the input,

Jenna - what you waiting for Gurl, get them done already

Karren - OMG they still make those :heehee: NONE of the store here even carry them, thats why I went ahead an did my right ear, an if you SO doesnt mind get them done you can still wear both styles depending on your mood
:D Gurl you got the looks an I love seeing your updated Pic's keep up the good work,

I wear studs while at work, the GG I work with told me they look like candy sprinkles that you put on cake :)

LOVE YOU ALL :hugs: