PDA

View Full Version : Watches

Scotty
11-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Most of my life, since I was a kid basically I've worn womens watches - I like smaller watches.
The navy seal guru do-all watches never impressed me.

So I bought a new watch at wal-mart, very pretty, small etc, but I need to find a larger (Longer) band for it.

Is there a sizing chart for womens watches?

Holly
11-18-2006, 02:28 PM
...Is there a sizing chart for womens watches?Not that I know of... sorry. Have you tried taking it to a jeweler and asking about a larger band?

Calliope
11-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't wear watches - what time is it? - but since I wear bracelets, I will mention Charles Anders' (Lazy Crossdresser) excellent advice: large bands are effective at making larger hands look smaller.

Karren H
11-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Not that I know of.....you just need to try them on! I do and I have about 6 ladies watches, love the new spring loaded wrist band watches... They are a bit larger so the don't get lost on my wrist like the dainty little womens watches yet they are still fem looking....

Karren

Scotty
11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
This one is not worth taking to the jeweler, $8 at wal mart.
I bought the last one there and it's outlasted 2 guys watches, still ticking....

I'll probalby take this leather band off and take it in and measure against the crocodile skin leather (Imitation), those have always been a favorite of mine.

Somewhere around here I have a seiko from 1984, wind- up type - perfectly round face, just plain gold and leather and I love it!

Shannon CD
11-18-2006, 03:50 PM
I actually just bought a watch last night. I went, dressed, to a plus size women's clothing store (Catherine's plus sizes). I was very nervous, being my first time on my own in a regular women's store. I looked around for a while, but just decided to buy a watch, as the last one I bought is just a bit small. Funny thing is, the one I bought last night is way loose on me. Now I have to get the band shortened...lol. (It only came to about $18.00.)

gwenrob43
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi Scottie,
Check this web site: http://www.jewelryservice.com/watchbands/ Once you select the type of band you want (leather, expansion, etc), you'll go to a screen that wants some measurements. you'll need a tape measure and possibly a small ruler. you'll also need to measure your wrist, the length of the watch across the face from pin to pin. I wear a ladies 7.5", I had to get a new band for one of my watches. It's not hard once you figure out their measurements and what the website is asking for. Good luck.

Hugs,
Gwen

Billijo49504
11-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I have several of the watches w/ spring loaded bands. They are comfy, but Ai did have a Lady Elgin W/ a black cord band, I went to the Quick Jewerly repair, at the mall, to get a new band. It was fun in drab, asking for a longer band for me, on a ladies watch....BJ

Gyneka
11-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Just bought my fist watch from M&S last week, very pretty but a bit tight on my wrist but otherwise no problem, M&S watches are adjustable to a certain degree.

Rita Knight
11-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I just bought a large dial watch from an Avenue store yesterday. It was too big on my wrist. It had three extra removable links, so I just took one off. It is not one of those tiny dainty women's watches where you have to squint to see the time.

Jillian310
11-19-2006, 11:36 AM
I got my spring loaded fem watch at JC Penny, on sale, where they had a bunch. Mine goes on easily and in fact is so loose that I keep it slid up the arm a little, and have to turn the face from inside the wrist form time to time. Also, I have sort of unisex glasses and Paris Hilton pink sunglasses. I believe these are obvious areas that require appropriate accessories.

tekla west
11-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh, watches are so like last century, most of the people I know have deep-sixed the suckers and just use thier phone.