PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for makeup - first time in a long time

Jenn2716
11-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi there,
Just thought I'd share a little. Just today, I was out running a few errands in drab and decided to stop by the local drug store and browse the make-up aisle. I was looking at a bottle of foundation when the sales lady asked if I needed any help. I asked her a couple of quesions about the foundation and she was glad to help me. From the way she answered my questions it was clear she realized the make-up was for me. She even picked out a lip liner for me. I think that partly because I was relaxed about being there and partly because she wanted to make a sale, it turned out to be a pleasant shopping experience. (Shoppers Drugmart in Canada for those of you wondering)

I am in such a good place with how I feel about being transgendered, I wish I felt this relaxed and self-assured all the time. I have a tg group meeting next sunday. It's only my second meeting but I'm pretty sure that I'll go dressed enfemme. It's in the daylight hours and I have to drive about 25 minutes, but I just feel like its something I should do.

thanks for listening.

Karren H
11-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Good for you, Jenni!!! Once you get that "I belong here as much as any other girl" attitude it makes shopping way more fun!!!

Love Karren

Kimberly
11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
It's in the daylight hours and I have to drive about 25 minutes, but I just feel like its something I should do.
Definintly something you should do. It'll be worth it! xx

Billijo49504
11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Great Jenni, I'm glad everything went well for you. It sure makes life easier if sales ppl are doing their job, trying to make sales. The person you dealt with, is someone you might want to do more business with. She might be more receptive to the CD community, if she has a good experience, dealing with you. You might be her first CD customer. Good luck...BJ

Glenda58
11-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I been to 3 TG meetings here. The first I was nervous when dressed up. Now I feel it's only natural thing to do. And they will give confidence to go out and do like you did buying makeup. Keep it going.

Jenn2716
11-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Great Jenni, I'm glad everything went well for you. It sure makes life easier if sales ppl are doing their job, trying to make sales. The person you dealt with, is someone you might want to do more business with. She might be more receptive to the CD community, if she has a good experience, dealing with you. You might be her first CD customer. Good luck...BJ

I agree with your idea of giving her more business. While she was ringing up my purchase she asked me if I'd like to sign up for a store card that would allow me to build up points everytime I bought something. She was so nice about it and even offered to add the points from today's purchase on it right away. I will be going back as often as I can, cause I can't wait to start collecting all those points. :)

Katie Lynn cd
11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I hate shopping for makeup!! It is the one thing that really makes me uncomfortable. I can take my time with clothes and for the most part undies...but not makeup. I was traveling in Chicago a couple of years ago and decided to get some makeup at a K-Mart. Who would know. I put several things in my basket, walked up to pay, and the young girl checking me out says in a loud voice "All this is not for you is it??? I have to ask!"
I wanted to die. Bad experience.

Emma England
11-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Katie,

Sounds like the girl was interested in your purchases instead of trying to embarress you.

crossing-the-rain
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Good for you .
Rain

Shergirly
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
:be: I have been out and bought some boy short panties pink and bra..
And bought some lipstick..and oh some pantyhose to..
Felt so wild and good..

Shergirly