PDA

View Full Version : Non gender restrooms

DAVIDA
11-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I read in the paper this morning that the University of Georgia has designated a couple of restrooms genderless. They have plans to have more such restrooms as development occurs. The designation on the door will be "RESTROOM". Atleast there are some places trying to accomadate poeple of all lifestyles.

Shelly Preston
11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Nice theory

I wonder if it will work ok in practice

Tedi
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
I suspect that it will be a row of stalls and no urinals, or urinals in stalls. As long as nobody can see what you're doing.. what difference would it make?

JenniferMint
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I've always wondered what would happen if someone were to build a public building, but there was only one restroom with urinals and stalls that both men and women could use.

Would people deliberately going to the building (or leaving the building in order to use the restroom) because it bothered them?

Women being uncomfortable because there were men in there?
Men being uncomfortable because there were women in there?

Men going into the stalls because they didn't want to be seen using the urinal by women?
Women complaining about men using the stalls while standing up and peeing on the toilet seat?

Tina Dixon
11-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey why not, ever been to a big football game and you see the womans restroom with a line a mile long, I have seen a few women get in the much shorter mens line and yous a stall.

Karren H
11-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Mental Note: U of G......new place to change genders.....

:D

Love Karren

DAVIDA
11-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I thought you might like the idea Karren!

Karren H
11-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I thought you might like the idea Karren!

We need to log these into a national database some where!! hehehe

TG_DB_M2F.dat :)

Love Karren

Billijo49504
11-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Leave it to Karren...BJ

CaptLex
11-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Nice theory

I wonder if it will work ok in practice
Well, the LGBT Center here in NYC has bathrooms that anybody can use, and there are no problems. Of course, it's a trans-friendly place, so you wouldn't expect problems. I understand that MoMA (the Museum of Modern Art) here also has genderless bathrooms. I haven't been there since they remodeled it, but from what I hear the bathrooms are also a non-issue there. Someone told me it's the trend in Europe - does anyone know if that's the case?

Billie Jean
11-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Great idea I have always wanted the concept to catch on. Billie Jean

janedoe311
11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
or a large multi use room?

Family rest rooms are all over here and very handy. My two kids my wife and me use them all the time.

Lorna
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
It is not at all unusual to have "shared" public lavatories in France - i.e. urinals in the "public" area and a line of WCs with doors. Women walk past the men to reach the WC cubicles. Nobody thinks anything of it.

Butterfly Bill
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey why not, ever been to a big football game and you see the womans restroom with a line a mile long, I have seen a few women get in the much shorter mens line and yous a stall.

At Grateful Dead concerts women came into the men's room on a regular basis and went into the stalls while we men were standing at the urinals, and the men knew it was because of the long lines at the women's and nobody protested.