PDA

View Full Version : A great source of information!

Felix
11-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Well I was thinking like I do alot and I was thinking about gender definitions. I was thinking about where I fitted yet again lol :D It has been suggested that I may be more TS than TG so I looked it up, I found a great article on wickipedia all about Transsexualism, it was really informative. Then I looked up Gender Queer again very Informative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page Some times I feel that I fit more into the Gender Queer bracket and sometimes I fit into the TS bracket or Tg, I know very confusing but hey who said life was every easy lol! Well hope this is of use. Felix xx :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Whatever the label turns out to be Felix, you are yourself. That's the person I care about and regardless of what you decide to call yourself, I will always call you friend.:happy: Ericka

Felix
11-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanx Ericka you know what I think about labels when it comes to it I don't like them really but it does help define what one is thinking in ones head. I wish there was no labels in society and we could just be who we are without restrictions but that is so unrealistic cos society needs its little boxes to put ppl into its called social control and we are all constructs within this, well thats what I think anyway. At the moment it's just helping me see things a little more clearly. I don't take everything literally but it all helps to get things clear in my head before I go see the doc lol :o To be honest I don't really know what box to put myself into there is no clear line or box. I just know I am who I am what ever that may be. Here's to discovering the real me however long that takes xx Felix :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-20-2006, 05:04 AM
It's a lifetime adventure believe me, Hon. I feel mine has just begun and I'm 59. I learn something new about myself every day. You have plenty of time anyway.:hugs: Ericka

CaptLex
11-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I remember looking up all those terms on Wikipedia when I first came here. I was like a sponge at that time, just absorbing everything I could find on the subject - trying to make up for decades of lost time. My best friend kept telling me to slow down, but I felt that I didn't want to waste another minute. After several months I felt like a walking encyclopedia. I still didn't have the answers, but at least I understood the terminology. :p

Kieron Andrew
11-20-2006, 10:49 AM
ahhh a labels thread......i gave up on giving myself labels, all i know is i was born GG and i wasnt meant to, thats all the label i give myself. im just a boy, stop searching for answers felix and just enjoy being you, thats all the truth we need is to be ourselves, if it feels right then thats you but why label it, if you dont know what box to put yourself in then dont!

Felix
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah I am enjoying being myself and rediscovering what has been locked away for many years. As I said I don't like labels but unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it they do serve a purpose, sometimes useful sometimes not. Maybe because this is the begining I am reading and absorbing and probably using certain terminology in order to define myself. But that's only on paper I think cos at the end of the day the powers to be will want to know how I see myself so I guess that's why I am using them. Thanx guys xx Felix :hugs:

Kimberley
11-21-2006, 02:25 PM
This whole label and definition thing is such a quagmire isnt it? I look at it this way. None of us including the cisgendered population is of a completely single gender. Our community however has a much greater mix of gender and as a result we are compelled to act on that.

We've all seen (or taken) those silly little tests that tell us we are some percentage of one gender and the balance is the other. They are of course pure entertainment but I am of the firm belief that there is a great deal of truth to them in that the "mix" does exist. Their accuracy is purely a diversion from the norms of everyday life.

Sometimes we cant quite put a finger on the whys and why should we? It drives us crazy. What we can see and evaluate are our own actions and mannerisms that come with this whole gender thing. We can put those into context of our everyday living and hopefully be able to live them freely and in the open. If we can do that we can easily come to self acceptance. When we fight it we set ourselves up for a whole host of other issues.

People are people. Society puts way too much emphasis on this gender identity and ties it with sexual identity. That is where the problems we face seem to originate.

Just my opinions of course. Hope this can put some sort of perspective on it for you Felix.

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Felix
11-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanx Kimberley well said! xx Felix :hugs: